Fallout 3 - PC GotY @ Gamespy

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Fallout 3 takes Gamespy's PC GotY with Warhammer Online 2nd, WotLK 4th and Mass Effect 8th. The full list can be seen here.
When it was announced that Bethesda Softworks would be developing Fallout 3, longtime fans of the post-apocalyptic franchise let out a groan that could seemingly be heard across the Internet. Questions abounded: Would the game be isometric? Could players beat Fallout 3 solely through the use of dialogue? Would it just be Oblivion with guns? Fallout forums were full of doom and gloom posts that suggested Bethesda would invariably ruin the franchise. Thankfully, that couldn't have been further from the truth, as Fallout 3 ended up not only being the best game of the year, but one of the finest titles of this generation.
More information.

I know it's offtopic but because I know we will see many "Fallout 3 best RPG of the year"etc do you guys plan on having any kind of award or polls for the Games of this year?

Would be good.

Don't think Fallout 3 will win that one.

It's currently in the works and as soon as it's tweaked, it will be posted. We have a FO3 review in the pipeline as well.

It's currently in the works and as soon as it's tweaked, it will be posted. We have a FO3 review in the pipeline as well.

Oohoo! Who's doing it, I'm hoping Brother None ...?

BroNone in the past has stated he won't be buying it.

On that quote Corwin, are you really considering GotY type stuff? I seem to recall most folks at this site deriding them in the past?

Yes, we always did one at the Dot.

We have a FO3 review in the pipeline as well.

Looking forward to it.

He sure seems to know a lot about it for a game he doesn't even have. ;)

I do have it, because someone at NMA donated money expressly for the purpose of me (or Per) buying and playing the game - to produce content for NMA. Per couldn't (old computer), and I'm not about to snub FREE GAME. Otherwise, I probably still would've got it a bit later, on the basis of the NMA/GameBanshee reviews.

It wasn't as bad as I feared - funny thing, I originally handed the review assignment for GameBanshee back to Buck and he handed it to Westlake, and I got Vince Weller for NMA, because my thoughts were "I'm just going to be too biased; I'll hate it too much to give it its fair shot". But the game surprised me in how well it did certain things, so I somewhat regret turning down the review opportunities - though Vince did a better job than I would've, and there's nothing to complain about in Westlake's review either (other than the score, but I never like scores anyway).

Brother None has written for us in the past on a one-off basis but now writes for GameBanshee (and NMA, of course).

And occassional other sites. Actually I think the article I did for here (the PS:T interview two-fer, still easily one of the best interviews I've ever done) was one of the major reasons Buck hired me for GB, so thanks, Dhruin ;)

I'd actually love to write for RPGWatch again normally, only GB covers pretty much the same titles as RPGWatch and MMOWatch do. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom