The Storm Guard - Gnome Mage Hero Added

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new hero character and German localization for The Storm Guard: Darkness is Coming.

Update #19 brings the Gnome Mage & German Localization

9 May - Bitmen Studios
2018-05-08
Update 19 is now out of beta and available to everbody.

New Hero
The latest update brings a new hero, the Gnome Mage. He is a master of earth, fire and ice spells, many of them being AoE spells that can bring the pain to clumped up enemies.

German Localization
Germans can now enjoy the game in their native language.

Bugs & Balance
Minor balance changes to adjust the difficulty have been made. We also squashed some bugs.
More information.

Nice to see an update, this game had a lot of potential, but development just seemed to stop at some point.

Nice to see an update, this game had a lot of potential, but development just seemed to stop at some point.

Yeh seems like it. i am in doubt, want to play but like you said, it seems not really done.... any one else an opinion?

On my wishlist for a long time now, but I didn't take the plunge so far.
Maybe during the Steam summer sale...

Yeh seems like it. i am in doubt, want to play but like you said, it seems not really done…. any one else an opinion?

It certainly seemed unfinished when I played it when it first came out, although still fun for a time. Several patches were released since then, but none of them listed my main issues among the patch notes. Then development just stopped until now.

I don't really know if there might have been more improvements beyond just what was listed in the patch notes. I might start a new game up sometime to give it a try. I remember that I did love was how deep and interesting the different classes could be, and at least one other new one was added after I stopped playing.

I've always been interested in it, its been on my wish-list forever,
I don't think its ever been in the steam sale or at least discounted enough for me to grab it.

Steam says I played for 31 hours. The classes and lvling system was done well. I liked the variety of monsters you fight. Parts did seem unfinished and I stopped playing right before the final few battles. I would give it a 7/10. The game did seem like it was abandoned but seeing a new hero is cool.

The battles were a strong point and the skills of your characters were powerful. The monsters had some pretty deadly attacks so the balance was good.

I tried it and was entertained long enough to be worth the price. It's not pretty and gets repetitive but the skills, synergies, and general combat stuff was better than a lot of things out there

It certainly seemed unfinished when I played it when it first came out, although still fun for a time. Several patches were released since then, but none of them listed my main issues among the patch notes. Then development just stopped until now.

I don't really know if there might have been more improvements beyond just what was listed in the patch notes. I might start a new game up sometime to give it a try. I remember that I did love was how deep and interesting the different classes could be, and at least one other new one was added after I stopped playing.

Thank you for your response. Guess i need to find out what i think about the game :)

Game is definitely done. I played it beginning to end and had no problems, very enjoyable for what it is: a one-man indie effort.

Back
Top Bottom