Ni No Kuni 2 - Coming to PC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@mousearea they announce that Ni No Kuni 2 will be released on the PC.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom will release on PC on the same day as PS4 version later this year. Surprisingly, considering the first game was a PS3 exclusive.

The game is a traditional RPG with all the positives and negatives, and with a big draw being that the art direction is headed by famous and respected Studio Ghibli. The original game followed a boy being transported to a magical world and helped by the magical kin. However this game seems to be the inverse, a boy king from the magical is helped by a stranger from another world to fight evil and rebuild his kingdom.

More information.

A sequel on something I've never heard about.
Well, sell me the first game to check it up, then I can decide about buying this.

The first game is one of the only games I bought for console.
It was beautiful art-wise (and music-wise), but the gameplay was very, very …. uninspired. There was nothing about it that you haven't seen done better in other games, and in the end the monotony killed it for me.

Hope they will improve this for the second game.

Also, this coming out for PC is truly good, as I wasn't going to buy any of the new gen consoles.
Now I might... despite the main protagonist looking absolutely absurd.

I am doing the Ni No Kuni's post-game content. The game is really a piece of art, Studio Ghibli really made an excellent job, graphics-wise.
And I think I get your point here: in my opinion, Ni No Kuni is aimed to a younger audience. Actually, it could be the first RPG played by your young kid, for example. Nonetheless, it would be a great entry to the world of RPGs.

I doubt the gameplay will be anything special.... but WOW it looks beautiful!

Who cares if gameplay on PC is a game's forte?
Leave that for hardware that can't do anything else so they're forced to concentrate on autoaim and similar whatnot.

I played the first on the PS3, and I really felt like I was playing a cartoon. The artwork was fantastic. The gameplay was not bad, but as in many JRPGs, grinding is pretty much mandatory - you just couldn't venture into new areas before you had leveled up.

I'm guessing this is aimed at kids age 8-12? Actually, even 12 is pushing it.

I'm guessing this is aimed at kids age 8-12? Actually, even 12 is pushing it.

Not really, it's a game that adults can and do enjoy. It's one of the most popular RPGs in the PS3 generation. I played it and enjoyed it, no you won't be visiting brothels in this game, but other than that it was fun. I remember specially liking the part about collecting different pets and using different ones depending on the combat situation, etc.

I can live without the brothels and even naughty words! It's the combat and story depth I worry about. As long as that's there, I'm good.

Well I can't. No orgies, no buy. :D
Pokemon collecting is not something I'd care much about.

Back
Top Bottom