NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

Oh also - there is the wild card here, the possibility that they will assess sales and release this on iPad like they've done for every other EE. Which would be awesome and an insta-buy for me. Because as you and I both know, playing games designed for keyboard & mouse on an iOS interface is the way they were REALLY intended to be experienced! :D

They would need to make the radial menus larger so a finger can click on the options though. ;)

I sortof came into NWN at NWN2.... I really loved it! Tried NWN original, but couldn't get into it. The EE will probably mean I will give it another go. The graphics kinda put me off (Although graphics are not that important to me, they do count).
Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

I do think they just need to redo the whole thing in another engine TBH, rather than just patching up what is there.

Underwhelming. Beamdog's still going to sell the last three premium modules as a DLC.

I sortof came into NWN at NWN2…. I really loved it! Tried NWN original, but couldn't get into it. The EE will probably mean I will give it another go. The graphics kinda put me off (Although graphics are not that important to me, they do count).
Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

I do think they just need to redo the whole thing in another engine TBH, rather than just patching up what is there.
Nothing in this "EE" will change now NWN1 works, plays or looks. If you didn't like it the first time, don't waste your time as this will be a same game.. only more expensive with a Beamdog logo.

Don't be an Eskimo buying Ice from shady sellers like the rest of the bunch.

Redo in another engine would mean remaking the game from scratch and going by Trent Oster saying that just redoing the models for NWN would cost "the GPD of a small country" (aka 30-50 millions of dollars), that isn't financially possible for them.

They also will never sell enough copies to recoup that cost…

30+ million dollars for redoing the models? That's utter bullshit.

Also, if you want a modern NWN - then D:OS2 is a pretty close deal, if you can live with the low player count.

30-50 Million USD. lol. They using Manhattan penthouse offices? I would love to read that article/comment firsthand - what clowns!

Could have fooled me. Making false claims in the face of actual, factual information is directly out of his playbook. :)
We are not making false claims, we can just read unlike you. They improved nothing that will change the gameplay in any way. Please show me in their release statement these changes that will change how you play the game?

Only you is spreading false news and being Beamdog's lapdog.

30+ million dollars for redoing the models? That's utter bullshit.

I'm sure you worked for 20+ years in the gaming industry, directed your own games and owned a gaming company for 5+ years and have way more experience and knowledge than Trent Oster has on the subject.

Or Kim Swift.

Going by Kim Switf's estimate, $30m is good for about 375 new character/monster models…and with that you haven't done the props, weapons and tilesets.

Well that settles it, then. The $4 million campaigns for Pillars of Eternity and D:OS2 were both figments of our imagination. It's just not possible. We need 30-50 million simply to re-do some meshes and textures, guys. If you actually want some original work based in a new engine, that'll be $1 billion.

Here, have some more sucker koolaid.

I'm sure you worked for 20+ years in the gaming industry, directed your own games and owned a gaming company for 5+ years and have way more experience and knowledge than Trent Oster has on the subject.

Or Kim Swift.

Going by Kim Switf's estimate, $30m is good for about 375 new character/monster models…and with that you haven't done the props, weapons and tilesets.
Wow this is probably the most retarded post I read this year on this site and that is huge accomplishment considering you are competing vs all of Fluent's posts

Or Kim Swift.

Come on, use your brain man.

We have entirely new CRPGs being developed for less than a tenth of that amount. Kim Swift? Seriously? We're talking about very limited mesh - they're not creating the next Assassin's Creed game. We're talking about increasing the polycount a little and have a more detailed mesh with better textures.

It doesn't hurt to think a little :)

If Trent was serious about that amount, then I can give you my personal guarentee that he's a big far liar - or the most ignorant business man of all time.

My guess is he said that GPD thing as an obvious exaggeration to communicate that it would be too expensive for them.

Which, to my mind, translates directly to: "We don't want to actually invest anything - we'd rather just do a bunch of shallow work and reap the profits".

Most liked comments from youtube:

1.So, what is the enhancement? Graphics looks the same 1 to 1, interface just as small as it is right now. 1080p is available already.

2.What's so enhanced about this? It looks the same as the original.

3. loved the infinity engine enhanced games…but this just looks lazy. I wonder how many mods they borrowed from community and are making profit from.

Looks like the most cash grab thing Beamdog has ever done.

4.What Enhanced is about this version? I can't spot the difference in this video

5. They've enhanced/changed the genitals of every single NPC so you can never assume anyone's gender.

6.Ngl, I have zero optimism for this. One of the fans that has kept with the series, even to date, but I honestly can't say this looks like anything the community hasn't already LONG since made better, over the last decade. The fact that they're charging $20 USD for a SLIGHTLY improved 15-year old game, where you can literally get the entire Diamond Edition on GOG for half that, is just stupid.

The only way I can see this being better in any way is if they actually ADD new stuff to the game, through the hardcoding that people could never really get passed. Like adding new classes, races, feats, spells, etc, to the vanilla game. Anything short of that is just uninteresting and boring for an "Enhanced Edition", and I really think Beamdog should start designing their own actual games, rather than just slightly remastering old titles.

Well that settles it, then. The $4 million campaigns for Pillars of Eternity and D:OS2 were both figments of our imagination. It's just not possible. We need 30-50 million simply to re-do some meshes and textures, guys. If you actually want some original work based in a new engine, that'll be $1 billion.

Here, have some more sucker koolaid.

POE final budget was $7m, POE2 budget per FIG investor doc was based at $14m and Feargus said he doubled the first game budget for it.

According to Sven, D:OS2 is Larian most expensive game ever, which means it was more expensive than Divinity II which is an high-end AA game.

Both these games have a fraction of the 3D assets NWN has. Even modders haven't done it fully despite having the tools for 10+ years (Bioware released all the required plugins).

We are not making false claims, we can just read unlike you. They improved nothing that will change the gameplay in any way. Please show me in their release statement these changes that will change how you play the game?

Only you is spreading false news and being Beamdog's lapdog.

Sounds like you're jealous. And I don't need to show you shit. The post I quoted of yours made an outrageous, ridiculous and false claim and anyone can see it for themselves.

Wow this is probably the most retarded post I read this year on this site and that is huge accomplishment considering you are competing vs all of Fluent's posts

Waiting on your Demons Age review bro. Let me know when you post that. :)

Games are getting hella expensive these days. From now on, Kickstarters for classic old school style rpgs such as Wasteland 4, and Pillars of Eternity 3 will start at a $30 million target goal, with add ons/stretch goals at $10 million increments above that...get your wallets out! :p

Back
Top Bottom