ELEX - 50% off on Steam

FWIW I played it at 1600x1080 on high settings except for post anti-aliasing and occlusion turned off and shadows turned down to low. It performed flawlessly and I am playing on a laptop with a 20 G Quadro K4100M and Intel i7-4910MQ @2.9 GHz. This game is very well optimized compared to others.

I have a GTX 660 and had no issues running the game whatsoever!!

Ok, I bit it at the very last minute (actually, half an hour before the promo ended). Downloading it now...

Testing the game right at the start area. My Video and Graphics options are:

VIDEO OPTIONS:
Vhyd7aG.jpg

GRAPHICS OPTIONS:
c2Z8L9g.jpg

As I was saying, right at the game's start I'm getting 40-42 fps avg., with the options above. When I turn Ambient Occlusion to High, I get 30-34 fps avg. Guess I'll have to say bye to AO.

While I can't get anything near 60 fps (and I tell you I already knew this, because of my current PC specs given in the previous page), I think it's acceptable playing the game around 40 fps. I only hope my PC can sustain this rate in the entire playthrough :)

EDIT
Are your in-game waterfall ugly like that below:

2pZk7Rh.jpg

And I was here thinking the water in Horizon: Zero Dawn wasn't rendered that great…

Last edited:
33-35 FPS is playable. Far from perfect but those were numbers people were actually very happy to see back when Oblivion was released.

33-35 FPS is playable. Far from perfect but those were numbers people were actually very happy to see back when Oblivion was released.

Yeah, I remember that... :)

I think it's acceptable playing the game around 40 fps. I only hope my PC can sustain this rate in the entire playthrough :)

Another great thing about ELEX is how well optimized it is. You won't hit those "slowdown" areas that a lot of open-world RPGs have, where the FPS drops by 20, etc.. For the most part the FPS is stable and doesn't fluctuate much.

If I remember right, the only times I had even a bit of stuttering was whenever a troll was around (which wasn't often), or sometimes when I was going through or around lava/fire areas. And even those times were minimal.

I bought it and am currently playing it, maybe about 5-6 hours in our so (level 7). I think I died more times in the first 2 hours of playing than I did in 80 hours if Skyrim. This world is lethal and I'm loving it, no idea why I didn't buy it sooner.

It's a great game man. One of the best open world RPGs ever IMO.

Yeah. The writing is more comical than good, the controls are a bit wonky, the animations are...funny, the UI is made for controllers and not M&K, the quests are silly and the skills are foggy. But I'm having a blast!

And it has more RPG mechanics, depth and challenge than most. The choices and consequences alone may be the deepest ever in an open-world RPG, up there with Fallout: New Vegas.

Sure, I could nitpick a few things about the game, but overall it was excellent. Well worth every cent I paid for it, and I'm certain that, in the future, I will replay this one many times.

Do you just have random pc parts lying around your house?

Lol, I'm IT for a huge corporation and so I get a lot of pc parts from coworkers when their machines break. It's like nut, can you fix this for me? If not, could you ecycle it, etc. :D

I hope you charge them with... erm... nature stuff. :evilgrin:

Back
Top Bottom