Pricewatch!

Are the Shadowrun games any good? On sale at GOG.

Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall are excellent. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Good story and good turn based combat. If they are less than $5 each then get them for sure.

Ya the Shadowrun games are totally worth the price, no matter where you buy them. If you like turn based stuff, I guarantee you'll at least get your money's worth.

Hi Gorath,
I am currently playing shadowrun:dragonfall (on my ipad...), great game!! Only for turn-based lovers.

Shadowrun returns was ok, but not great IMHO

T

How can you offer an opinion on a game you've not even played?

Opinion on what exactly. That it's a phonegame?
It's a phonegame. Simple as that. No other opinion I have.
Now, if you're into phonegames, by all means, buy it. I won't. All I can suggest is to buy it on the platform it's made for.

Consider me intrigued. But alas, the Ultimate Edition went from 50% to 30% after ~2 hours, before I could make up my mind.

Oh well, but I suppose the base package (still at 70% off) offers more than enough content to last a while?

I'm getting a real Lovecraft vibe from the few screenshots I've seen, would that be accurate? They remind me a lot of the Arkham Horror board game.

The setting is fantastic, the NPCs are well-written and interesting, the monsters are appropriately gruesome, and it's generally a perfectly set-up horror RPG. It's only really let down in that they made it a MMO for some reason. The combat is bad, even for an MMO. The skill tree is unforgivably boring and seems targeted at spreadsheet-gamers. Loads of other players running around and monsters that respawn right in front of you in genre-typical style do a lot to kill the atmosphere they've so carefully built. I've heard a recent update addresses some of this, but I've not had a look at it yet.

Still, it's well worth a look. If it had been a single-player game, it probably would have been a contender for everyone's game of the year.

@joxer: At the risk of feeding the troll... How do you know it's a "phonegame" if you've not played it? Also, does this mean you refused to play XCOM because it was available on iOS? If so, you're really missing out on some top quality gaming.

My 3-year old frequently decides he doesn't like certain foods before he's even tried them. Often, when I coax/con/bribe into tasting them, he loves them. Not that I'd dare compare your behaviour to a petulant toddler, of course... ;)

Sorry, you can't bribe me. You can try with con, but then you have to be pretty smart to pull it through or you could just play on my weakness and persuade the 3rd party I trust into suggesting it to me (which is kinda impossible as noone of them is registered here).

If xcom you're talking about is this one:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200510/
I have it, it's a great game, I recommend buying it. On PC. It's simply not a phonegame.

How do I know something is a phonegame would take me too much energy to explain. And honestly, I'm very exhausted otherwise I'd write, write and write then edit, then write some more, it would take me a few hours for sure. Sorry.

Please don't apologise. At the risk of judging something I've not experienced, I don't expect I'm missing out on any searing insight.

I'm sure you've never experienced a person that can't be conned/bribed.
It's IMO pretty sad.

So I guess it's best to go for Dragonfall right away.

Risen 3 is on sale. Is the DLC worth 2.5€?

Jeez ... this is as bad as a D'Art / JDR endless thread ...

Can we PLEASE return to 'Pricewatch'?

So I guess it's best to go for Dragonfall right away.

Risen 3 is on sale. Is the DLC worth 2.5€?
No.
Yes.
Jeez … this is as bad as a D'Art / JDR endless thread …

Can we PLEASE return to 'Pricewatch'?
Most definetly.
But I'll end up hungry then! :D

Btw, it's not just Risen 3 on sale, but all three Gothics package by "Jowood Productions and PB" is just 4€:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6375/
I'm pretty sure we all have them already somewhere, but in case someone wants a backup on Steam, why not.

Does it matter in which order you play the shadowrun games. Didnt like returns that much and gave up. Can I play dragonfall first and maybe scrape together some stamina for returns afterward. Didnt play any of the pnp back in the day so I have no background.

Does it matter in which order you play the shadowrun games. Didnt like returns that much and gave up. Can I play dragonfall first and maybe scrape together some stamina for returns afterward. Didnt play any of the pnp back in the day so I have no background.

Go ahead and play Dragonfall first. It doesn't matter about play order. Dragonfall is better but I enjoyed Returns also.

Back
Top Bottom