What games are you playing now? - Page 715 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

October 17th, 2021, 04:21
Originally Posted by kłamczuszek View Post
Guild Wars. I said I wouldn't touch it again but hubbie bought me Nightfall and with the new heroes it makes life a lot easier. I'm almost at the end of the first campaign now
I'm thinking of getting back to GW as well but I keep forgetting my password

On the DS I am playing (don't laugh) Pokemon.
I used to love Pokemon - played blue/red/yellow to ruby/sapphire but I somehow stopped enjoying the series :/ I feel that the system got too complicated & too many different types of pokemon.

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

October 17th, 2021, 18:46
Originally Posted by Shagnak View Post
Still playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker in fits and starts. There's lots I like about it, but there is the occasional thing that really frustrates me. I'm surprised to find that the kingdom management stuff is actually enjoyable - initially it was an unwelcome break in my adventuring. I'm about 75 hours in and have just done that Other World bit with the giant flower thingy, and OMG that was frustrating. I ended up Googling what to do.
Oh, interesting, same here. The exact same point in the game. I also googled what was going on in that final flower map. Yes, lots of irritating things but also lots to like. I feel it wouldn't take much for the game to make me quit it over something really dumb, but at the same time it has not yet done that for lots and lots of hours. The only difference between us is that I'm at 150 hours by the same point in the game, so I must be an inventory ponderer extraordinaire.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

October 17th, 2021, 19:14
I hated those other world things and puzzles.

They made me quit the game :O

I loved the game otherwise, which is why I decided to play Wrsth of the Righteous, which I'm enjoying more than Kingmaker as it doesn't have those things. At least not yet.

The only puzzles of that kind I've seen were optional.

Just saying this in case you do give up on Kingmaker, my opinion of the sequel, for whatever that's worth to you, is that it's a better game.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

October 17th, 2021, 19:16
Originally Posted by purpleblob1 View Post
I'm thinking of getting back to GW as well but I keep forgetting my password

I used to love Pokemon - played blue/red/yellow to ruby/sapphire but I somehow stopped enjoying the series :/ I feel that the system got too complicated & too many different types of pokemon.
I stopped liking Pokemon when they changed the entire premise of the show.
The originals were very much about there being only 150 pokemons in the world, and they were may a few legendary ones.

Then when they showed them all, all of a sudden new ones existed. To me that cheapened the entire show and games and I never went back

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

October 18th, 2021, 05:06
Playing SCUM after my mini break. It isn't rpg, but a survival game with puppets (zombies). Metabolism is a big deal in the game, so it makes it a little different than others. Also, the map is massive and you'll find several types of vehicles to navigate it.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

October 23rd, 2021, 16:37
Finished SH:The Awakened. Guide was compulsory - I'd forgotten how random Adventure games can be! Combine macrame pot holder with anvil , really, to flip a god damn light switch?!
Anyway, moving on to Still Life, and then if I have time before the end of the month, Still Life 2.
--
If you have no other choice but to kill, you have failed.
Ntwa kgolo ke ya molomo

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

October 24th, 2021, 03:46
After not really playing much other than various demos the last few weeks, I picked up where I left off in ToEE awhile back. My party is level 11 and I'm currently in the elemental nodes. Will probably finish it tonight or tomorrow.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

October 26th, 2021, 18:05
I'm still playing Foreverhome, the reunion last week seriously cut into both my reading and gaming time, so I've plenty to catch up on! To date I've played this game for slightly over forty hours, having paid a pittance for it I've certainly won out in that respect. It's a sprawling game for an rpg-maker, no idea how close I am to finishing it, yet I've enjoyed every single moment that I've played.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 05:36
Currently playing Divinity Original Sins 2. I've heard of the game during its launch but unable to get it until now. For some reason it reminds me of Dragon Age Origins (which is one of my most favorite RPGs of all time), probably due to the strategic team control.
I'm still at the beginning of the game and it's already a blast for me when I realize that there are so many creative ways to get pass a level. I can already feel this may be my new top RPG games.

Ẻrikson994

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 28th, 2021, 18:20
Started Kathy Rain Director's Cut yesterday. I should've done so earlier. Nice game !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

October 29th, 2021, 21:19
Currently playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong as a mage/conjurer shaman. Love the dialogues in this game.
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

October 29th, 2021, 21:27
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Started Kathy Rain Director's Cut yesterday. I should've done so earlier. Nice game !
I highly doubt it's worth it to me to replay it as the DC, but I finished and enjoyed Kathy Rain a few years ago.

JFarrell71

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

October 30th, 2021, 00:05
I'm replaying Nehrim and will probably give Enderal another go next.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

October 30th, 2021, 01:13
An old game considered a classic in the first person shooter realm:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I love it, even just bought an expensive and collectable full color strategy guide for it, that is how much I have liked playing this game recently.
--
"Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall"

To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

October 30th, 2021, 21:03
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Thanks for mentioning this! I bought and played it today. It is in the style of classical Point-And-Click Adventures and short but fun. Can recommend it to lovers of this genre.

Funny that this went under my radar when it came out. I played and liked "Whispers of a Machine", a later game by the same developers, already about two years ago.

@Alrik Fassbauer: If you like Kathy Rain you should also try Whispers of a Machine!

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

October 30th, 2021, 21:15
The recent spotlight on Tomb Raider put me in the mood to try one the the older games I had never played. I had purchased the Tomb Raider Trilogy awhile back that consists of the three games of the first series reboot. I installed Tomb Raider: Legend last night and played through most of the first chapter.

"Meh" is about all I can say. It's an older game, but I doubt I would have liked it any more at release. I could see how formulaic it is right away, and it's not a formula I particularly like. Enter room/area, kill enemies, solve puzzle, repeat. I also found the QTEs really annoying.

It's also pretty funny how Lara is in these incredibly remote areas and yet the bad guys are often already inside waiting for her. I laughed out loud when, after scaling a mountain to find a ruin in the first area, a group of mercenaries simply pulled up in an SUV.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 30th, 2021, 21:21
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
The recent spotlight on Tomb Raider put me in the mood to try one the the older games I had never played. I had purchased the Tomb Raider Trilogy awhile back that consists of the three games of the first series reboot. I installed Tomb Raider: Legend last night and played through most of the first chapter.

"Meh" is about all I can say. It's an older game, but I doubt I would have liked it any more at release. I could see how formulaic it is right away, and it's not a formula I particularly like. Enter room/area, kill enemies, solve puzzle, repeat. I also found the QTEs really annoying.

It's also pretty funny how Lara is in these incredibly remote areas and yet the bad guys are often already inside waiting for her. I laughed out loud when, after scaling a mountain to find a ruin in the first area, a group of mercenaries simply pulled up in an SUV.
By your experience I feel reassured in my opinion: Only the first three and the latest three in the series are good, everything in between is mediocre, in particular everything with annoying QTEs.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

October 30th, 2021, 22:10
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
By your experience I feel reassured in my opinion: Only the first three and the latest three in the series are good, everything in between is mediocre, in particular everything with annoying QTEs.
I liked the 2013 reboot. I haven't played the two games released since though.

I remember liking the original PS1 game quite a bit at release, but I didn't find the 2nd or 3rd games as memorable. I also think the original series has aged quite poorly.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

October 30th, 2021, 22:30
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I liked the 2013 reboot. I haven't played the two games released since though.

I remember liking the original PS1 game quite a bit at release, but I didn't find the 2nd or 3rd games as memorable. I also think the original series has aged quite poorly.
I recommend trying Rise of the Tomb Raider. The overall gameplay is similar to the 2013 Tomb Raider but here are many improvements in the gameplay and the world design (at least for my feeling). And if you like it, you can add the Shadow one.

With regard to the question, whether game age well: My experience is that this seems to be very subjective since people see this very differently. For example I feel that Gothic 1 is as playable as ever, while many people claim it hasn't aged well. May be I am not as demanding with regard to optics as others. For me it is mainly story, world building and gameplay, which have to still feel good… Technical graphics quality is not as relevant for me.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

October 31st, 2021, 05:28
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I'm replaying Nehrim and will probably give Enderal another go next.
I really should play those total conversion mods. Never got around to it and whenever I think of them I'm always busy with some other games.

Do you play them in German or English?

SveNitoR

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?