Prometheus Wept - Now on Kickstarter

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Prometheus Wept from Timeslip Softworks is available to back on Kickstarter and has a goal of EUR7443 with 29 days remaining.

Story

Prometheus Wept is a turn based RPG set on a near-future earth where the majority of our digital technology and digitally stored information has been destroyed. The game offers hardcore squad-level combat, with simultaneous battles between cyberspace and the physical world, meaningful choices, deep character progression and an advanced crafting system.

It also has the distinction of likely being the only game where you can incapacitate an enemy by dropping a shark on them! Prometheus Wept is the third game by Timeslip Softworks and is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

DEMO from Indie DB

The goal is to create a relatively short, 10-16 hour experience, with an emphasis on design, variety, story-telling and quality over quantity.

EUR7443 likely seems a small amount to ask for a project of this scope.

A key factor is that Prometheus Wept uses the code from Vigilantes as a foundation to build upon. There's one full time developer, working with artists on a part time basis. Further, multiple funding sources have been used in the creation of Prometheus Wept, including a grant from Creative Europe, sales from two previous games, and personal savings. This campaign will provide enough funding to complete the game.

The reason I settled on exactly EUR7443 is that it's the amount raised in the Vigilantes Kickstarter, 5 years ago. The successful completion of the campaign, though it may not seem a big deal, was a huge turning point. After 4 years of long hours and dealing with uncertainty, it was the first time it felt like the adventure in game development might just work out.

[...]
More information.

Thanks for sharing, Silver. If anyone has any questions or feedback, let me know!

I'm going to back as I love your vision.

Edit: backed.

Like I said on the other thread this game looks like your most ambitious project to date. As everything looks improved and bigger compared to your last couple of games.

Given that a few other promising project's failed to get funded lately I have my fingers crossed that your game is funded. It helps you have a free demo for people to try.

So good luck.:thumbsup:

Like I said on the other thread this game looks like your most ambitious project to date. As everything looks improved and bigger compared to your last couple of games.

Given that a few other promising project's failed to get funded lately I have my fingers crossed that your game is funded. It helps you have a free demo for people to try.

So good luck.:thumbsup:

Hey Couchpotato! Yes, it's more mechanically complex, deeper, and with higher production values.

My initial impression of Kickstarter runs along those lines. It seems to be getting harder to get projects funded. Thanks for the good wishes!

59% funded now.

I'm doing a little development work today, working on the encounter where you meet Ferdia Beckett, your first ally. The player character has passed a sneak check and has closed in on the nearest enemy and starts combat with a sneak attack. If the player prefers firearms, they can use a tactics check to withdraw to the far side of the river, as most of these enemies are wielding melee weapons and getting through the water will slow them down.

KwDVpKM.jpg

He's a sociopathic con man, masquerading (rather poorly) as a priest. He also has the ability to manipulate the thought processes of organic beings with a collection of unique abilities.

Back
Top Bottom