Kingmaker - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a Steam page and lists an August release date.

We're on Steam now! Release planned for August

Pathfinders! Our Steam community is now live! We're targeting August for release. Pre-orders are still coming to the Steam store, but will take a little while longer. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks purpleblob!

More information.

Good news. Looking forward to this one!

I expected to focus on Kingmaker and more or less ignore PoE 2 - but, as it turned out, PoE 2 is fantastic, too.

Can't exactly complain about the lack of old-school CRPGs these days :)

I'll pick it up on gog; maybe day 1 depending if i'm in the middle of another game but why august. I mean august is like tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yup me too. I can't remember why I didn't back it but I'm buying it on release.

Hmm first time i see this, wonder why i didnt heard of it before. Looks good from those screens.

I backed it, of course, but I'm hoping for a great old games release at some point, perhaps after the first twenty or so obligatory patches. This is one for certain I wouldn't dream of touching on day one.

I’ll be touching it day 1, maybe even fondle it a little bit.;)

I won’t do a proper play through though until probably a year after release which is becoming pretty standard for all games. Maybe even longer with a kickstarter game.

I backed it, of course, but I'm hoping for a great old games release at some point, perhaps after the first twenty or so obligatory patches. This is one for certain I wouldn't dream of touching on day one.

Normally I'd be the same but I've found @purpleblob; 's enthusiasm in other posts really infectious. I'm now pretty excited about this one, it's become a day one play for me!

I'm honestly not excited about this. It looks boring and generic, which is unsurprising considering Pathfinder is just a cheap 3rd edition D&D ripoff (a system that is horribly outdated by modern standards). You know, they call it the Stolen Lands for a reason :p

I still wish the developer success. We need more competent CRPG developers, so I'm hoping this doesn't end up being your typical Russian shovelware.

Cool! August is much sooner than expected and this is propably my most anticipated game title during 2018. Hell, I think the last game I had such high expectations for was the first PoE, which, while it couldn´t match my expectations was still really good. So, keeping my fingers crossed for august!

Is this shipping with anything akin to NWN's toolset?

I'm honestly not excited about this. It looks boring and generic, which is unsurprising considering Pathfinder is just a cheap 3rd edition D&D ripoff (a system that is horribly outdated by modern standards). You know, they call it the Stolen Lands for a reason
Yes you already said this on the last thread.:p
I still wish the developer success. We need more competent CRPG developers, so I'm hoping this doesn't end up being your typical Russian shovelware.
Me to since this type of RPG will probably die out in a few years according to the same developers who took money from crowdsourcing to revive the genre in the first place.

Link - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...-in-your-calendar-cos-crpgs-are-here-to-stay/

Last edited:
The game has my interest and I will play it, but it was made on a $900,000 budget.
No. The base game was funded before the KS campaign started.
This is from the Why Kickstarter? section from their campaign page:
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has an existing schedule, an existing scope, and an existing budget, and that budget will allow us to achieve that scope on schedule. We already have a full team of people working on it, and we're committed to doing it regardless of what happens with this Kickstarter. So why are we asking for your help? The answer is YOU—we need YOU to decide how big Pathfinder: Kingmaker is going to be. Success in this Kickstarter will allow us to increase the budget and the scope, delivering a bigger and deeper game on the same schedule.
So the $900k where only to increase scope.
One of the OwlCat guys confirmed this in an interview.

No. The base game was funded before the KS campaign started.
This is from the Why Kickstarter? section from their campaign page the $900k where only to increase scope.
One of the OwlCat guys confirmed this in an interview.
New info for me @Morrandir so thanks as I had no internet access for most of 2017…;)

Anyway I know when I'm wrong and not ashamed to admit it.:embarrassed:

So what's the final game budget then? Anyone know?o_O

Normally I'd be the same but I've found @purpleblob; 's enthusiasm in other posts really infectious. I'm now pretty excited about this one, it's become a day one play for me!

Glad to hear that Pongo :) It's a fantastic game, totally fell in love with it even with bug issues in beta!

So what's the final game budget then? Anyone know?o_O

Not sure Couch, but I'd say budget well spent seeing that I sunk in 70+ hours and was still in chapter 2 ;) it's a massive game, choke full of meaningful contents, not filled with just trash mob encounters and fetch quests.

Back
Top Bottom