Gothic Invisible inventory items in Gothic 1.

That´s Freddy´s homepage.

He's standing in the woods near the Old Camp, looking at the Old Camp. There are two scavengers and a mole rat placed in those exact positions, but they die very early on. Behind him is a small cave with a wolf in it, and the tunnel leading to the Old Mine.

He's standing in the woods near the Old Camp, looking at the Old Camp. There are two scavengers and a mole rat placed in those exact positions, but they die very early on. Behind him is a small cave with a wolf in it, and the tunnel leading to the Old Mine.

That is not correct. If you look closely at the pic, you can see an entrance to the old camp from where he's standing. In the actual game there's only 2 entrances to the old camp, one directly in the front, and one directly in the rear of the camp. There are no wooded areas that close to either of the entrances.

**EDIT** My apologies, it is indeed in front of the Old Camp, on the other side of the small stream that runs in front of the camp. I just booted up Gothic and went to that spot. What had me confused about the screenshot is the fact that you can't see the stream. It's because he had the camera tilted slightly up and the ground slopes down before the stream.

btw: How do you take screenshots in Gothic 1? I wanted to post a pic of that exact same spot without the texture patch , but it's been so long that I've forgotten how.

Last edited:
I thought I had played evey mod out, but I do not remember a mod placing the wooden structure where it is....just beyond the scavs. It appears to me to be(in G1) about 100 yards from the guards at the bridge leading to the old camp at the start of the game......the hero is standing about 100ish yards towards the troll/focus stone area, facing the guards/bridge to the old camp. The scavs and molerat are in the correct place and the terrain to the left appears correct for the area i am talking about. Just on the other side of the lil hill on the left should be the two hunters you first meet in the game.

I think I am right, so does anyone know the mod that places the wooden thingy where it is in the pic?(Me and Maylander are talking about the exact same place)

In the pic it appears to me that a wooden structure(gate looking thingy) has been placed where the guards would be(just before you cross the creek). And in the distance there is a mountain where it should'nt be. The dam pic is about to make me re-install G1 lol.

@JDR13, you can hit prt screen, exit the game, open MS paint and paste into paint, save. Of course there are a jillion ingame screenshot programs you can install. But for one pic, what i said works fine.

/me thinks Freddy has played a lil mind game with an altered pic

Last edited:
Looked like coming back from mine just past tunnel., can't see guards there. not spawned yet.

I have a G-Force and never have properly seen my inventory.

I'm eagerly waiting for someone to come up with a patch that would fix this.

I dont know if its a video bug but what i do know is that in g1 you can find invisible items i read(on a forum) that in the sleepers temple u can find an invisible:) Legendary Bow( i spent 3 hours looking for that bow but nothing) If someone else heard about this please send private msg to me.

That pisses me off quite frankly. This bug is known for almost 3 years now. Not good.

Last edited:
That pisses me off quite frankly. This bug is known for almost 3 years now. Not good.

Yep, I couldn't play Gothic 1 the entire time I had my last video card, which was an ATI Radeon X1950. I've never had any problems in Gothic with nVidia cards though.

the guys from Ironkeep Studios mentioned in this thread here that they're "developing a community patch for Gothic 1". maybe it's worth a try to post about this bug and see what they can come up with.

the guys from Ironkeep Studios mentioned in this thread here that they're "developing a community patch for Gothic 1". maybe it's worth a try to post about this bug and see what they can come up with.

It's already posted. I think the guy who made the proposal is the same who wanted to fix the problem a year ago. Well, good luck this time, I don't care anymore, since I just finished the game, and probably won't play it until another 3 years, by then I'll hopefully have a new gfx-card :) Just remember that 20 years ago, they didn'thave images either, but everything was text-based. Then you can enjoy the game even without pictures in the inventory...

hopefully in three years time, there will be technology that allows one to put in gfx cards from different vendors and switch them on-the-fly, depending on the games. :)

Back
Top Bottom