Daggerfall Unity - Necromancy for a classic RPG

I added reshade and hand-painted models and better skies. Yes, it makes a big difference.
On the Dream mod page there are suggested mods to go with it and have tested fine.

It feels more like an Elder Scrolls game now. I just got chased by the guard for stealing. It is hard to find the important buildings in the town. Nobody likes Wood elves for some reason:)

I can never figure out reshade...

I added reshade and hand-painted models and better skies. Yes, it makes a big difference.
On the Dream mod page there are suggested mods to go with it and have tested fine.

It feels more like an Elder Scrolls game now. I just got chased by the guard for stealing. It is hard to find the important buildings in the town. Nobody likes Wood elves for some reason:)

OMG went back and added the suggested mods....game looks awesome.

Daggerfall had the best fun zombie moaning sounds at that time. :D Then those creaking door sounds. :D

Morrowind junkie here - never played Daggerfall. Does it have a rich story or is it a random dungeon & loot type game? Looks big but is it generic or epic with big main quest & side quests?

Morrowind junkie here - never played Daggerfall. Does it have a rich story or is it a random dungeon & loot type game? Looks big but is it generic or epic with big main quest & side quests?

I would say yes, it has a big story going with a lot of generated quests.....not as clean as morrowind and some quests can be quite hard.

As much as I consider Daggerfall a fundamentally broken and mostly hollow game experience - I'm still tempted to check this out.

So there is a mod that adds Random Npc's in the wilderness. I fired the game back up and walked outside the walls of the town I started and ran down the hill and right into a war between townspeople and mobs. As an archer(extemely weak) I kited a few and looted so much stuff and then got creamed by an Orc.

Went to a mountain town(the mod for distant terrain really makes it beautiful) and was attacked by a bear and then was attacked by the town's soldiers and ran into the wilderness for a few minutes before I lost them.
Then witnessed a fight between bandits and Centaurs, and looted a couple bodies there.

This Mod turns Daggerfall into something else, breaking game balance with the respawning like a MMO.

It was interesting for a short while though. You can turn spawn frequency and numbers way down, so they did include some useful tools with the mod and you can set how far away they spawn from you in distance.

A main quest like Morrowind then all pretty much generic quests and tons of travelling and huge generic dungeons, but not as generic as Oblivion onwards.

Back
Top Bottom