ELEX 2 - Announcement delayed to 2021

So my German is more than a tad rusty... they said they couldn't get to their project because they are in lockdown but, when they tried working from home, everyone got distracted playing Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children instead of getting their work done? Or am I just projecting? ;)

If that's the only thing it was

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Hey I'm being lighthearted. This isn't the political forum.;)

This is not true. The Gothic remake project was approved by THQ in February and subsequently entered full production at the Barcelona studio who made the remake demo.

There has been news in July that the THQ Barcelona studio is working on major changes to the core systems when compared to the playable prototype. It has also been revealed that the game will be releasing on PS5.

So, barring any unforeseen major problems that lead to a cancellation, the Gothic remake is definitely coming out within the next couple of years.

Well, it depends on what you are saying is not true.

Are you saying that it is being made by PB? Because I'm pretty sure it's not.

The newest comment I've seen is that a development team is not built yet and there is no more news.

Well, it depends on what you are saying is not true.

Are you saying that it is being made by PB? Because I'm pretty sure it's not.

The newest comment I've seen is that a development team is not built yet and there is no more news.

What exactly was so hard to understand about what he said?

Maybe THQ Nordic pushed back development since they own and fund PB? Just a second scenario to consider to on top of the pandemic lock-downs. Just my two cents.

By the way, not that there was any doubt about ELEX 2 to begin with, but a few weeks ago in mid September a German YouTuber accidentally revealed on his channel that he was involved in voice recordings and translation for ELEX 2 (the German version of the first game also had quite a lot of voices from German streamers/YouTubers so this is par for the course).

happy-dance-animated-gif-image-1-2.gif

I’m currently replaying Risen 1. What a great game.

I'm ok with this product being delayed a bit, as the expectations for this sequel will be fairly high. I remember how I had to be talked into buying the first game, and how much fun I had playing it, on both occasions. Take your time, get this one right, and hit it out of the park, pretty please!

Back
Top Bottom