WotR Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Ah ! That's it !
I missed that "closing date".

Well, on February, we had in the family still enough to do with the death of my father, and this winter was especially cold - kind of psychically freezing me as well !
Sorry to hear that :(
I've been through that and I can understand one doesn't feel like following game news.

You could still try and ask, but I doubt they can produce more than what was ordered. Who knows, perhaps they have spares?
Those presented at the bottom of that page (at least in my view) :

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder/en
I see the two below. If you click on the title, a pop-up explains the content :)

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Extra Digital Download
You will get an additional digital download of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, a special in-game item (Arcane Signet), Forum Badge and Discord Role.

Note: Special items and equipment are designed not to break the game's balance. This applies to all in-game items in all tiers.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Extra Premium Digital Download
You will get an additional premium digital version of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, including a digital world map and exclusive backer-only content: 4 special in-game items - Red Dragon Helmet, Hero Cloak, Unholy Signet, and Arcane Signet - and your name featured in the credits.

Note: Special items and equipment are designed not to break the game's balance. This applies to all in-game items in all tiers.

Last edited:
M guess is that these two "Add-Ons" are "extra copies" of the game (plus bonus), nothing else.

Not "Add-ON" in the sense of "DLC".

Decades ago ;) the term "Add-On" was = what's today "DLC".

So, it's an quite literal translation of "adding something on[to] the rest of your order", so to say.

So, it's an quite literal translation of "adding something on[to] the rest of your order", so to say.
Exactly, something you add onto something else that you are supposed to own, or to have ordered. Not something you can buy independently.

I hope they can find some spare physical rewards for you, or at least some compensation. :)

Ah ! That's it !
I missed that "closing date".

Well, on February, we had in the family still enough to do with the death of my father, and this winter was especially cold - kind of psychically freezing me as well !

Thank you, things are at least clear for me now ! :)

Those presented at the bottom of that page (at least in my view) :

https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder/en

Sorry to hear about your dad Alrik. :(
Hope you have some people to support you.

Yes, he died early in January, and we all have recovered by now (lots of paperwork as well).

0.6.2d is available (it has to be the fixed 0.6.2c they withdrew yesterday)

Companions
  • fixed various issues with Daeran's romance in the 3rd chapter (the date)
  • fixed the issue where Daeran's romance prevented you from entering the Battlebliss arena
  • fixed the bug that occured if you attacked Trever during Sosiel's quest
  • romance with Galfrey no longer blocks your progress in chapter 3

Zones
  • fixed the issues where your characters could fall through the texture in the prologue
  • fixed the stairs in Alushinyrra's lower and upper cities, and a rooftop in the lower city where you could fall down

UI
  • fixed the tooltips getting stuck on the screen
  • fixed encyclopedia links
  • fixed the health bar near the portrait being displayed incorrectly in TBM
  • when re-training your character you couldn't select the voice again
  • in character creation tiefling heritage was selected after the skills - fixed
  • couldn't choose the Elemental Engine archetype for kineticists - fixed
  • Lorekeeper class features were not showing - fixed
  • fixed 2 pre-generated characters - a rogue and a sorceress

One more thing - regarding the mods.
Even though Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is still in beta and incomplete, there are already some mods out there. If you use mods, please don’t send bug reports from the modded game, or if you do send them, don’t forget to mention what mods did you use or what did you change, if you edited your save, for example. We respect our modding community, but at this moment our priority is to ensure our game works well without any modifications.

Here's a short video illustrating the crusader system for those who wonder what it's like, or who are wary because they didn't like kingdom management too much. @vanedor; @JFarrell71; @TheDart;, that should clarify or address the concerns you had on this :) It's still WIP, mind.

Just a little intro: at the very beginning of the video, there's a world map on which many paths have already been discovered by the player. This map is used to move the party from location to location, and to move the armies around, you can see at the bottom right a "MORTIKAI", "LEGION I", "II", "III". The first is the party, the others are armies that you can move independently, merge, and use to fight enemy armies.

Armies don't spawn on locations, and the party doesn't join armies, those are really separate in the game despite sharing the same map, but the army must sometimes clear the path for the party, which is better explained in the video.

Looks interesting. Not sure what to think of it, though.

The Kingdom system in the original game was both good and bad, I found.

I liked how in-depth it was in terms of events and the elaborate town upgrade system.

But I personally found it a strong disconnect in gameplay terms, because of how you were sort of motivated away from adventuring every time something happened - and the endless loading didn't help.

I also greatly missed a proper visual representation of the upgrades - which I consider a big missed opportunity.

So, while I appreciate the concept and the dedication to the Pathfinder stuff - it just didn't work for me.

In a real PnP setting, you'd be able to do both at the same time without feeling like you're being interrupted in something - because of how flexible it can be. I don't think it was a great idea to translate it into a computer game the way they did, but that's me.

Then again, I'm one of those weird people who actually really enjoyed the ship stuff in Pillars 2 that everyone else seems to hate - so what do I know.

We'll see about this one :)

Then again, I'm one of those weird people who actually really enjoyed the ship stuff in Pillars 2 that everyone else seems to hate - so what do I know.

We'll see about this one :)

I never went that far in PoE 2. I really want to like this game, but the combat system and the class mechanics are holding me back. I've tried several times to play PoE and PoE 2 but couldn't keep my interest in the game because of that :/
I'll probably try again. At worst I could tune the difficulty all the way down to enjoy the story.

I never went that far in PoE 2. I really want to like this game, but the combat system and the class mechanics are holding me back. I've tried several times to play PoE and PoE 2 but couldn't keep my interest in the game because of that :/
I'll probably try again. At worst I could tune the difficulty all the way down to enjoy the story.

No need to force it :)

Some games just don't click, for whatever reason.

I will say that I think PoE and PoE 2 are very, very different in terms of both gameplay and tone. PoE, in my opinion, is inferior to Kingmaker - at least in terms of combat and mechanics. In terms of story, I probably prefer PoE - but that's another matter and I haven't finished Kingmaker.

But I think PoE 2 is vastly superior - both because of the amazing multiclass system with TONS of active abilities - and because of the advanced scripting (very similar to the original Dragon Age) where you can pretty much set up your AI to fight exactly as you want to, so you hardly need to intervene if you don't feel like it.

That and simply the animations and effort put forth when it comes to music and combat flow, makes it so much more entertaining for me.

It also has a turn-based mode, but I'm not a fan of that one. It was clearly not designed around turns and certain abilities don't work as you would expect, which is a shame.

Still - a lot of people seem to enjoy the TB mode as well.

No need to force it :)

Some games just don't click, for whatever reason.
I see the many qualities, and I liked the story, so the reason I stopped is not entirely rational and hard to explain. Either I make friends with the ruleset or I use an easy mode, but I'll definitely give it another try. If that still feels forced, then so be it :)

I agree about the TB mode. I usually like it but this game isn't designed for it.

I read somewgere in an update that the armies thing was inspired by HOMM. And I thought : "Maybe by AOW, too ?" ... But that was just my thought.

I finally learned about the gold dragon mythic path in WOTR this weekend, so at least I have a good idea how to progress on that one now. Game sure has a lot of content even for beta!

The Mythic paths sound very, very appealing to me.

Is there a Rogue/Stealth type of Mythic path?

I think I'll try to Trickster path too, this time, it sounds like a lot of fun. When I saw the spell "Summon Greater Beer Elemental", the fate of my next character was sealed :lol:

I read somewgere in an update that the armies thing was inspired by HOMM. And I thought : "Maybe by AOW, too ?" … But that was just my thought.
I haven't played AOW so I can't tell the similarities, but in the presentation they only mention HOMM. It doesn't rule it out, though, they've probably played both :)

I checked out the Trickster path by googling it, and unfortunately - it doesn't seem like "my kind" of Trickster.

Indeed, the Mythic paths seem a little odd to me - and perhaps too exaggerated for my tastes.

I was hoping more for something that would enhance a Rogue/Stealth like experience - rather than doing "big/weird stuff".

But it's certainly still an interesting feature. I'll be checking out the game for sure.

I'll probably force myself to play Kingmaker first, though - even if it's not connected to the sequel.

Back
Top Bottom