Cyberpunk 2077 - Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
9/10, 5/5, ..., 10/10. Seems like an ok'ish game.

Some dare to give it 3/5 and 7/10 though. The nerve

Too many sameish scores to read one by one...
I'll be waiting for 6/10, now that would definetly be an unique read.

It's a shame when scores are skewed by bugs. I guess, though, if bugs are bad enough that it affects your engagement and immersion in the game, you've got to review the experience it provided.

Can't wait to read the Polygon review. 3 out of 10, didn't solve world hunger or spend enough time talking about the dangers of tattoos. /s

Re-post for those who don't read my news thread.:p

Cyberpunk 2077 - Tabletop RPGs Road From 2020 to the Year 2077
When Mike Pondsmith crafted his tabletop RPG system in 1988, the year we live in today seemed like a distant, unforeseeable future. Now, let's see how this rulebook and its setting became the background for the Cyberpunk 2077 game from CD PROJEKT RED.
Cyberpunk 2077 Review Megathread - Reddit

Really not surprised we've been told for the last year it's short, buggy, and unoptimized as hell. I'm sure CDPR will continue to patch the game just like they did Witcher III.

Also on consoles it has a 46GB Day 0 patch and another larger Day 1 patch on the way. Those who pre-load on Steam or GOG just have to worry about the Day 1 patch.

Last edited:
Can't wait to read the Polygon review. 3 out of 10, didn't solve world hunger or spend enough time talking about the dangers of tattoos. /s
Not surprised by PCGamer and I'm sure Polygon will find some way to knockoff points for some outrage. As both sites continue to run hit-pieces against CDPR this week.

Really not surprised we've been told for the last year it's short, buggy, and unoptimized as hell. I'm sure CDPR will continue to patch the game just like they did Witcher III.

Also on consoles it has a 46GB Day 0 patch and another larger Day 1 patch on the way. Those who pre-load on Steam or GOG just have to worry about the Day 1 patch.

Short my ass.

Most of the reviewers rushed through the main quest. Some reviewers are pointing out that certain side quests affect the main quest and endings so they aren’t getting close to the full experience.

Short my ass.

Most of the reviewers rushed through the main quest. Some reviewers are pointing out that certain side quests affect the main quest and endings so they aren’t getting close to the full experience.

Reviewers nowadays seem conditioned to call any RPG "short" if it's not 100 hours long. That and, like you mentioned, they're rushing through the game to get the review out on time.

Reviewers nowadays seem conditioned to call any RPG "short" if it's not 100 hours long. That and, like you mentioned, they're rushing through the game to get the review out on time.

There are also so many situations where short main quest and short game are being used interchangeably that I don't trust a reviewer to be talking about the latter unless they're very explicit about that.

Unless that game as a whole really does end up being smaller than I expect, this is shaping up to be one of those situations where one game randomly gets criticized for stuff plenty of other games do. The main quest in any Elder Scrolls game is maybe 20 hours, but nobody goes around complaining about how short those games are.

Short my ass.

Oh thanks for quoting me I'm special it seems.:kiss:

Some context here I'm referring to all the previews who quoted pretty much what I wrote above this whole year. It's by no means my opinion in the slightest.

So don't shoot the messenger.
I'm one of the few CDPR fanboys on this site.:stupid:

Nothing wrong with that Witcher III had the same problem.;)

I always got side tracked with side missions over the main quest.

The Gamespot review complained there was too much to do, so much so that it minimized the main quest. ;)

Not really sure how to read that.

It sounds like he actually did some exploring unlike most of the other reviewers. I'm tempted to check out that review, but I despise GameSpot.

Right? And I love that with the Elder Scrolls games. So, the real question is, Is the world interesting enough to do all that side exploration.
Depends CDPR admitted each three main origin campaign is at least 30+hrs. With all the side content though each play-throuh should double or even more that amount of time.

Nightwire videos also suggested moving around, and exploring the city takes time. The option of taking different paths through the city to solve quests interests me as well.

I'm reading a lot of reviews talking about not even firing a gun for 15 hrs or more. So that should put to rest all those crazy GTA comparisons from earlier this year as well.

The biggest problem seems to bugs and I'm not surprised by that.

Yeah, the Gamespot reviewer played as a stealthy hacker, which would be my preferred playstyle too.

But like other games in this genre (techno RPGs I am calling it), he said the main quests actually required you to kill things, so you can't go pure stealth and hacking apparently? Would like to know that.

Reminds me of Deus Ex (later ones) and Alpha Protocol which had the same issues.

This is terrible! I need to stay away from all things Cyberpunk for the next year or so. But there's going to be a lot of funny videos of characters going into T-pose! Oh the temptation....
?? The Polygon review is in X's list. They spend multiple paragraphs on the treatment of transsexuals. The word "bug" is nowhere in the article.

I was quickly scanning the written reviews and the one on rpgsite.com looks like a fine, comprehensive, and well worth reading long form written review.

Some of the other reviews given links to seem very much agenda driven and focusing on little silly nitpicks (political crap) and complaining about things that many or most gamers won't care about.

https://www.rpgsite.net/review/10549-cyberpunk-2077-review

Back
Top Bottom