Ubisoft - HoMM MMO Announced

I am deeply disappointed by the reaction here to this announcement, I had no idea RPGWatch was so HOMMOphobic.

/gets coat

It's got nothing to do with HoMM - it's the idea of a Chinese-developed-but-HoMM-branded-MMO. Given that we're a very much focused on single-player RPGs, I don't think it's surprising at all.

I talked to a few guys and one of EA (Mass Effect, Dragon Age) on the RPC, and they all weren't that happy with the Ubisoft DRM.

It's got nothing to do with HoMM - it's the idea of a Chinese-developed-but-HoMM-branded-MMO. Given that we're a very much focused on single-player RPGs, I don't think it's surprising at all.
Oh no, I'm not surprised at the reaction at all and share in it really, if my completely apathetic reaction can even really be called a reaction.

My response was, um, not entirely serious and mainly related to mild amusement at the acronym HOMM Online makes.

Btw, shouldn't the proper name be Might & Magic : Heroes Online, since I just remembered that recently Ubi stated that all future MM related games would be title in a MM: Whatever way, starting with MM Clash of Heroes?

Like the MP part of the last HOMM ?

And - maybe the game series has quite a following in China we know next to nothing about ?

Presumably the multiplayer though is more of a general getting together of a specific closed group, I can imagine how that would work, but a massive persistent online world that people will be on and off at different times for sounds weird . . .

Back
Top Bottom