Realms Beyond - A Turn-based RPG

I urge anyone to view the gameplay videos of Sacred Blade and compare them, specifically the map designs, to Realms Beyond.

Just search Sacred Blade RPG on YouTube and view an area where they explore a grassy region. The designs are strikingly similar, with the biggest difference being the new terrain in Realms Beyond is in much higher resolution.

I look forward to some quality gameplay videos and more. :)

Looking forward to see those videos, because I have no clue how they are related to our game.

@HobGoblin42;, welcome to the watch! :)

Thanks, but I've been here since about 5 years now :) Most times lurking though.

Will you publish Realms Beyond by yourself or do/will you have a partner?

Currently, we plan to self-publish the game digitally. Not sure about a physical distribution (depends on the player's demands for a box version) yet.

My version of how the races screen should look:

69DTuwY.jpg

Thanks, but I've been here since about 5 years now :) Most times lurking though.

Currently, we plan to self-publish the game digitally. Not sure about a physical distribution (depends on the player's demands for a box version) yet.
Any chance for a KS campaign?

Welcome aboard, HobGoblin42. I'm not sure what Fluent's agenda is with you, but you might throw some German at him. Neither person at Ellis (Diane/Jamie) could speak German. Maybe that'll impress him :D Or does he think you're the CEO of Bigmoon in disguise!

Seriously, @Fluent;, what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

He's not the watcher we deserve… and not the watcher we need. ;)

And to be serious, I think you bark up the wrong tree here.

Well, you can scrutinize whatever you wish. It seems to me your question about Bigmoon was asked and answered earlier.

As I'm not a copyright lawyer and just a fan of cRPGs, I don't consider it my business and will take a pass on the witch hunt.

Well, you can scrutinize whatever you wish. It seems to me your question about Bigmoon was asked and answered earlier.

As I'm not a copyright lawyer and just a fan of cRPGs, I don't consider it my business and will take a pass on the witch hunt.

Not a witch hunt. I'm just suspicious when a game that was shady to begin with disappears from Steam and then the same time another pops up using the same assets. If it turns out I was wrong then cool. If it turns out the map design and gnoll design is just a coincidence, great.

I'd like to see more of the game and how it plays so they can prove me wrong. Time will tell.

SCREENSHOT THIS! Beldurax said something nice :)

I agree with him on this tho. This game checked all my happy boxes this morning. Nice surprise. I'd buy it just because they are doing a decent job of trying (so far).
Although… 2019… We could all be dead by then!

Does he know there will be demons? Christ knows that could cause issues.

Not a witch hunt. I'm just suspicious when a game that was shady to begin with disappears from Steam and then the same time another pops up using the same assets.
Your observations are correct, but you conclusions are difficult to follow. We're working on this game since about 16 months, then we announced it shortly after "Demons Age" got DMCA'd from Steam after two weeks in sale. I already stated that we are the solely owner of those assets from CC.

-> Occam's razor

If it turns out I was wrong then cool. If it turns out the map design and gnoll design is just a coincidence, great.
Hrhr, our artist was equally amused and insulted about that comparison and he made a quick collection just for you:

Our gnolls:
attachment.php

"Gnolls" from Sacred Blade:

attachment.php

:biggrin:

But congrats for trolling me that hard. :mad:

Attachments

• RB_Gnoll_Canyon_01.jpg
    RB_Gnoll_Canyon_01.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 76
  • sacred_blade_rats.jpg
    sacred_blade_rats.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 155
This thread is awesome. Beldurax and Mercy posting happy thoughts, and Fluent acting like an inquisitor. Personally I think the screens and premise looks great, but I'll keep a lid on my enthusiasm until I see something more substantial.

Best of luck with the game @HobGoblin42;, if you deliver what you promise it's going to be an insta-buy for me.

A hobgoblin getting trolled about gnolls.

Indeed a strange world we're living in...

Back
Top Bottom