After Reset - Pre-Release Test

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The prologue for After Reset is going into the pre-release phase. In a backer only update the following was shared:

I can’t even believe I’m saying that but… it looks like we’re ready for your evaluation! Yippie-ki-yay :) The prologue is on Steam and we’ve fixed most of the bugs reports from the relevant bug reports discussion.

Now you can play it completely from the beginning, through various plot branches and some sandbox to final rescue from the Gyes bunker. Please, check the build during the next 2 weeks and pin the bugs you might find.

After fixing them I am going to:

• enable one decent cool twist/quest (hidden for the beta-test to surprise you later);
  • add sound effect for the cave blast;
  • enable gratz-message when player successfully gets out to the Great Desert;
  • switch on the new background scene for the main menu when player competes the prologue (going to make it dependable on player’s progress like it was in KOTOR).
Guys, I need you votes for the following decision after you complete the prologue: are we ready for the official release? That implies we will fix the bugs you report and I’ll enable those minor adding and contact journalists, youtubers, etc.

I would strongly prefer to release it asap but I need your feedback and approval before that important move.

Meanwhile, our lead programmer asks to give him a month to upgrade our engine and rework our GUI from scratch on it as well as interaction code. His offer is to make that work free if he doesn’t meet the month deadline. Though, I wound not rather take his offer because those upgrades are not evident for players and I am afraid it might lead to endless development and his lost of enthusiasm.

So I would prefer the following path:

• 2 weeks of beta test by you, guys;
  • 1 week of fixing and tidbits enabling;
  • 2 weeks release;
  • 1 month of updates/fixes/engine upgrade/gui rework/further content adding;
Guys, please, share your thoughts and vote the next step: are we ready for the release or should we wait?
More information.

Would like to read some watchers' impressions!

This would be a complete turnaround if it turns out there is actually a game here. The 3rd video on the Steam page actually looks kinda promising.

There sure was a major setback when Mr. Nixon's partner took a large part of the Kickstarter funds and left. Not sure how much that impacted development.

"...and contact journalists, youtubers, etc."

What possibly could go wrong, am I right? Clearly every broken mess games released in the past did not each anything to anyone....

There sure was a major setback when Mr. Nixon's partner took a large part of the Kickstarter funds and left. Not sure how much that impacted development.

Well it's good to know that Mr. Nixon appears to be making a game here. I wasn't aware of the partner issue, so that seems like a legit thing that could have hurt development.

Wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts from someone who plays it.

Hmm, I own the game, it seems. If I install it now, will I get access to the entire prologue? o_O

Edit - Seems I do. And there seems to be a game here. This looks interesting.

Well it's good to know that Mr. Nixon appears to be making a game here. I wasn't aware of the partner issue, so that seems like a legit thing that could have hurt development.

Wouldn't mind hearing some thoughts from someone who plays it.

Hmm, I own the game, it seems. If I install it now, will I get access to the entire prologue? o_O

Edit - Seems I do. And there seems to be a game here. This looks interesting.

The only "game" here, if there is one, is the prologue. That's what he wants to "release" as far as I can tell.

Well, I backed this ages ago so I guess I probably have a key. Somewhere. How did you get yours Fluent?

The only "game" here, if there is one, is the prologue. That's what he wants to "release" as far as I can tell.

Yeah, and if it's like 1 hour of game that's pretty bad. If it's 5-10 hours and it's good it's better than nothing. My hopes died long ago for this one though, so I can't be anything but positively surprised.

Trailer looks pretty good to me, so keep up the good work.

I haven't heard anything about this game.
Does it have anything to do with that Will Smith movie?
The name and poster art seem to suggest that it's a movie-to-game conversion.

Well, I backed this ages ago so I guess I probably have a key. Somewhere. How did you get yours Fluent?

I think I asked Mr. Nixon back when it was first announced for one. Not sure.

It looks like it has some promise but I'm not going to delve into it right now.

Yeah, and if it's like 1 hour of game that's pretty bad. If it's 5-10 hours and it's good it's better than nothing. My hopes died long ago for this one though, so I can't be anything but positively surprised.

5-10h in a prologue?! Seriously? It was clear long time ago this was a scam.

You're funny. I'm not taking that bait. :)

But I will say that the 3 minutes I spent just seeing if After Reset had the prologue loaded on my Steam version was already infinitely better than that "thing" I played recently. :)

For one, it has nice voice acting, a solid narrator, the graphics were actually quite good and unique looking, and the first conversation had many dialogue options to choose from. Someone else can give a look at it, but if the prologue turns into a full game, this one could actually be a decent CRPG.

You're funny. I'm not taking that bait. :)

But I will say that the 3 minutes I spent just seeing if After Reset had the prologue loaded on my Steam version was already infinitely better than that "thing" I played recently. :)

For one, it has nice voice acting, a solid narrator, the graphics were actually quite good and unique looking, and the first conversation had many dialogue options to choose from. Someone else can give a look at it, but if the prologue turns into a full game, this one could actually be a decent CRPG.
That is a huge IF. More like never.

5-10h in a prologue?! Seriously? It was clear long time ago this was a scam.

I honestly don't believe it's a scam, rather a poorly managed production. And likeI said I hardly think this will ever be completed but hey, if I got the key I might as well try it. If nothing else than to complain afterwards.

Last edited:
I honestly don't believe it's a scam, rather a poorly managed production. And likeI said I hardly think this will ever be completed but hey, if I got the keyI might as well try it. If nothing else than to complain afterwards.

I agree.

Please do take a peek at it, tomas. Let us know what you discover. :)

The only thing I regret about backing this project is the amount I gave.
Sadly I doubt the whole thing will ever get done but if the prologue is great it would give a bit of hope at least.
Don't have time to test it myself and I avoid steam so looking forward to see others opinions.

How could you guys possibly think that someone named Richard Nixon could be a scammer?

Anyway, I actually got a free Steam key from some contest on here a long time ago so maybe I'll check it out. IIRC back then you basically created a character who could run around an empty room.

Back
Top Bottom