Grimmwood - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Worthplaying Grimmwood is described as a challenging social multiplayer RPG experience that blends elements of survival, roguelike and exploration.

You’re in a village in an ageless, mystical forest, together with up to 30 other strangers all of which are real, live players. Together you need to defend your village against the merciless monster hordes who unleash their wrath against your shelter every night.

Use the daytime and your stamina points to explore the procedurally generated forest, repair, find weapons, useful items, collect food and gather resources to upgrade and forficate the village. But to be able to do all that you have to eat, drink and rest, because every action in the game takes its toll on your stamina and sanity. Share tasks and decisions with the other players and work together, because night by night the monsters attacks will become more fierce… And the village must survive at all costs!

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Yet again another multiplayer focused RPG.:disappointed:

I was interested until the MP part. Too bad. Well, on to the next game.

Two words: Survive & Socialize killed this game for me, didn't even reach the multiplaya' word. :D

forficate?

Hmmm....ok. It sounds interesting and really unique but it doesn't sound like it's really a RPG in the way we usually think of one. It sounds like it's more a 30 player co-op strategy game with rpg elements where your ultimate goal is to have your group win, but where you can still personally die and go out of the game (I assume).

I don't know if I've ever seen a game like that before. I'd definitely give it a try. But I wouldn't expect it to appeal to someone who was just a RPG fan.

Back
Top Bottom