Element: Space - Announced

I would give this a pass (the fact that they high-lighted this aspect not the game). They are a small group and probably feel quite a bit of pride in what they accomplished in an area not known for game developers.
And most likely they rightfully can be proud! But I don't think that it's of interest for the average consument. Everyone who's interested in global situation of game development would lokk it up anyways.

the reason I called out the play time is because in the description they describe it as:
"… refining turn-based tactical combat on hand-crafted levels while delivering a big story that changes and evolves with your actions.
--
While it might be a fantastic deep story that under goes many twists and turns as it evolves it can't be too big and deep with limited time :)
-
Now his usage of adverbs might be misdirected as English is not his native language. Perhaps he meant big as in awe-inspiring and thought provoking quickly told as the clock twirls.

or
perhaps i took his comments too seriously and we have no clue (good or bad) what this game will deliver.

I guess we'll see. I'm not particularly interested at this point, but I think it looks good and I love sci-fi.

Most long CRPGs have a lot of filler or superfluous story bits - which, to me, isn't necessarily better than a short, well-told story.

In fact, some of my favorite games in terms of story are right around this amount of playtime - including Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us. Both games have a lot of combat taking up tons of playtime.

And most likely they rightfully can be proud! But I don't think that it's of interest for the average consument. Everyone who's interested in global situation of game development would lokk it up anyways.

Well, I actually appreciate knowing where the developers come from, as some areas can have a very strong cultural influence on game design.

Japan being perhaps the most obvious example. I've learned to be very sceptical of certain asian games, because they have a very, very different culture in terms of what's fun or meaningful when it comes to gameplay.

That said, I've enjoyed many games with an asian origin. But it's still relevant.

Also, smaller countries tend to have smaller industries - meaning they tend to have smaller budgets.

I think it's quite relevant.

I've been waiting an iso rpg on the space for I don't know how long

please be good

I'm very interested in the game style, but not so much by the play time estimate. Still, I'll follow it and see how it turns out. The graphics look to be hand painted; more like Shadowrun than PoE. Still, the brief facial shots they showed look pretty good.

FarFalme simple answer yes the members are getting older.
I don't anyone who isn't getting older, except those who are already dead.
And I really don't care at all if this game is made in Latin America, Jamaica or Atlantis. It's irrelevant for the game itself. I wonder why something like this needs explicitly to be stated in a press release.

Since very few computer games are coming out of Latin America, I assume they want to brag about being a new player in a small market, just like every time a game comes out in South Africa or Asia, or wherever.

Japan being perhaps the most obvious example. I've learned to be very sceptical of certain asian games, because they have a very, very different culture in terms of what's fun or meaningful when it comes to gameplay.

That said, I've enjoyed many games with an asian origin. But it's still relevant.
Fair point.
But still the relevant information for me would be that the game (setting) has a specific cultural touch, not that where it has been developed.

Fair point.
But still the relevant information for me would be that the game (setting) has a specific cultural touch, not that where it has been developed.

Fair enough, but that can be pretty hard to establish :)

Sometimes, I don't think the developers realise that they're influenced by their own culture in a very specific way.

But I understand why you have a problem with it and I empathise with that position - I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

But I understand why you have a problem with it and I empathise with that position - I just don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.
Na, it's just a little nitpicking and it won't influence my buying decision.

I have a bias in favor of Eastern European and German developers. They seem to make games I like more often. *shrug*

I have a bias in favor of Eastern European and German developers. They seem to make games I like more often. *shrug*

I'm with you there at least when it comes to RPGs. Outside of Bethesda, I really can't think of any (current) American developers that I'm still a fan of.

I'm interested for sure, just the fact that it's isometric and Sci-Fi is enough to warrant that. Turn based and with a party? Sold. Unless it's crap of course, but I can name quite a few games that are considered "bad" that I highly enjoyed because of an interesting setting or good mechanics.

Sounds pretty good to me. And honestly I don't why some of you people are so obsessed with lengthy games. Very rare that very long game can hold my interest until the end, and I'd rather be left wanting more than slogging through another trash mob and hoping I'm almost at the end. Also quality over quantity.

The Final Countdown | Release Date February 14th

Let the final countdown begin!
15 hours of playtime per playthrough.
24 handcrafted levels.
32 melee and ranged weapons
Multiple endings and epilogues
Extinction Mode: Hardcore mode for those looking for an extra challenge.
7 factions, each inspired by distinct cultures and traditions. Each has a unique fighting style and agenda.
8 possible companions, each with their own backstory and narrative arc.

Element Space Launch Trailer

https://youtu.be/XQPPClLSVCg

Localization

We are currently doing Internal and External QA for localization. There are languages ​​which we don’t speak them fluent (or at all!). We are constantly working on this to finish this process (with all the promised languages) in order to have them ready for the day of the launch.

Loyalty perk: Buy it first, Buy it cheaper

Early Bird Publisher Discount: Buy it first, buy it cheaper!
Element: Space is finally coming out on February 14th! As a way to thank all the players and enthusiasts who have followed us through Early Access, we’re going to be maintaining our discounted Early Access price for a whole month after release! Buy the game before March 15th to enjoy this offer – it’s a great opportunity to get your own copy or to gift one to a friend!

Back
Top Bottom