Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch

Default Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch

January 15th, 2021, 17:28
You'll not regret it, Vanedor, it's a fine game! I recommend getting it from either great old games or Beamdog themselves, unless you already own it, in which case I say, game on and enjoy!
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 11,267
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 17:52
I have just started a new game. You always forget how evil level 1 was in AD&D. Can't even go to -10 hps at 0 you are dead. Getting to lvl 2 actually takes some time. In modern games you would be lvl 5 in that time. I enjoy the difficulty at core rules but think death at 0 Hps is pretty harsh since that is one or two hits for most classes.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Hastar is offline

Hastar

Hastar's Avatar
Unspeakable

#22

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wolf Light Woods
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 17:57
You really just have to play smart at the beginning, and not charge straight into fights without planning first. It gets much easier once you get a few more hit points for your folks.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#23

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 11,267
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 18:55
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
You'll not regret it, Vanedor, it's a fine game! I recommend getting it from either great old games or Beamdog themselves, unless you already own it, in which case I say, game on and enjoy!
No worry, I have it already :-) (on evil Steam, however ) . Last time I did play it was in 2014.

It's so one of the best game ever.
vanedor is offline

vanedor

Sentinel

#24

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 20:59
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
No worry, I have it already :-) (on evil Steam, however ) . Last time I did play it was in 2014.

It's so one of the best game ever.
Steam is good in this case because it has the branch road_to_2.6, which should already be better than the previous version, for all the reasons in the article. I haven't encountered any issue, anyway.

Unfortunately they wouldn't put the beta on GOG, no idea why.
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Sentinel

#25

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 22:35
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
I have just started a new game. You always forget how evil level 1 was in AD&D. Can't even go to -10 hps at 0 you are dead. Getting to lvl 2 actually takes some time. In modern games you would be lvl 5 in that time. I enjoy the difficulty at core rules but think death at 0 Hps is pretty harsh since that is one or two hits for most classes.
Not only that, but I think they also changed how many HP you recover from resting in the EE version. I was playing it recently and noticed my party only got 1 HP from a standard 8 hour rest. I thought I remembered healing more than that in the original version.

I'm also playing on core rules now though as opposed to Normal difficulty, so maybe something is different there.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#26

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 28,597
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 22:55
Good thing they only send their level 1 assassins to Candlekeep.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

#27

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,816
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Default 

January 15th, 2021, 22:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Not only that, but I think they also changed how many HP you recover from resting in the EE version. I was playing it recently and noticed my party only got 1 HP from a standard 8 hour rest. I thought I remembered healing more than that in the original version.

I'm also playing on core rules now though as opposed to Normal difficulty, so maybe something is different there.
I have the same on Normal, it also surprised me how little they recovered.

Since I haven't played the original, I can't compare, but I checked both the original's and EE's manuals and they say the same, you don't recover much HP when camping in the wilds (no formula given, it must be in the D&D rules which I don't have).
You have to rent a room, and more comfy ones recover more HP. And priests can use healing spells (not sure if that's only the remaining ones but I guess so).
Redglyph is offline

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
Sentinel

#28

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 16th, 2021, 00:45
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
I have the same on Normal, it also surprised me how little they recovered.

Since I haven't played the original, I can't compare, but I checked both the original's and EE's manuals and they say the same, you don't recover much HP when camping in the wilds (no formula given, it must be in the D&D rules which I don't have).
You have to rent a room, and more comfy ones recover more HP. And priests can use healing spells (not sure if that's only the remaining ones but I guess so).
It's been awhile since I really played BG, so I'm probably just remembering it wrong. I also might have been using the "Rest until fully healed" option before.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#29

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 28,597
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)

Default 

January 17th, 2021, 13:57
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
You really just have to play smart at the beginning, and not charge straight into fights without planning first. It gets much easier once you get a few more hit points for your folks.
Play smart? What kind of crazy talk is that with my band of half-orc barbarians and dwarven berserkers. Crom, I have no time for your little mages in their silly hats.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Hastar is offline

Hastar

Hastar's Avatar
Unspeakable

#30

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wolf Light Woods
Posts: 2,163
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

January 17th, 2021, 16:44
Uhm, you aren't likely to find someone that eschews playing mage-types more than I do. My teams are usually 2-3 tanks, 2 rogues, one healer and maybe one mage/sorcerer. I tend to despise finger-wagglers, for the most part.
Carnifex is offline

Carnifex

SasqWatch

#31

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ormond Beach, FL.
Posts: 11,267
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

January 22nd, 2021, 02:12
If they really do fix pathfinding then after the patch may be a good time to take that dive. The pathfinding is probably the only real gripe I have. 10/10 games.

I'm not really a modding guy but try the NPC Project for BG1 to make the companions chatty like in BG2.
Mosaic is offline

Mosaic

Mosaic's Avatar
Watchdog

#32

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Desert
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Default 

January 22nd, 2021, 02:43
kinda related, but i'm really excited to play the original baldur's gate on my vintage mac i know it's unpatched and all but i really want to experience it as they did back when the game came out. (also have several playthroughs of bg:ee and SoD too)
TheRealFluent is offline

TheRealFluent

TheRealFluent's Avatar
H.O.O. Inquisitor

#33

Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate: EE - 2.6.2.0 Patch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:27.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch