What games are you playing now?

Well ... after finishing Bloodlines, I started Wizards & Warriors ... and also Fallout 4 again,

But after reading some of these posts I decided to restart Dragon Age: Inquisition, which led me to wonder just how much I ever actually played it before? Not sure I really did, perhaps just bought it and started when my Alienware was dying.

Anyway, it looks absolutely gorgeous on my Dell G7 (has a 1060i), and I am enjoying it so far ... playing as female mage (same as Bloodlines, and FO4 :) )

Well … after finishing Bloodlines, I started Wizards & Warriors … and also Fallout 4 again,

But after reading some of these posts I decided to restart Dragon Age: Inquisition, which led me to wonder just how much I ever actually played it before? Not sure I really did, perhaps just bought it and started when my Alienware was dying.

Anyway, it looks absolutely gorgeous on my Dell G7 (has a 1060i), and I am enjoying it so far … playing as female mage (same as Bloodlines, and FO4 :) )

Thanks for the reminder, I still have to play that game.

Well … after finishing Bloodlines, I started Wizards & Warriors … and also Fallout 4 again,

Anyway, it looks absolutely gorgeous on my Dell G7 (has a 1060i), and I am enjoying it so far … playing as female mage (same as Bloodlines, and FO4 :) )

I can't wait to hear your impressions of Wizards and Warriors, Mike. Let us know, please.

I can't wait to hear your impressions of Wizards and Warriors, Mike. Let us know, please.

I had played and enjoyed it years ago, but haven't completed more than a few hours of it in probably a decade or more! I mean, it is no Dungeon Lords, but what is?! :D

Same here. I played it for a long time but hit a bug that made it so I couldn't complete the game. This was at least a decade ago. I never played Dungeon Lords or Grimoire yet.

ghost of a tale

a few hours into this, dont know why but reminds me of a noncombat dark souls; the design and atmosphere are great, a ton of shortcuts and new things you learn with time when playing and sneaking all the time not knowing whats behind the next corner haha; overall i think its amazing especially considering it was made by a person most of the time

So while I am enjoying Dragon Age Inquisition, I was really feeling in a FPS mood tonight, so for the first time in years I reinstalled ...

Crysis

Set everything to MAX - jeez that game still looks absolutely incredible, and with new hardware I was running up over 120FPS. Great stuff.

Also reinstalled Rune Classic ... played a few minutes, but lost interest after the visceral Crysis experience.

Did you play the Story expansions for FFXV also?o_O

Link - http://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/f...asy-xv-dlc-release-date-trailers-news-details

Anyway as for me I'm still playing Original Sin 2.

Nah, I burned out on FFXV when I learned you had to go back in time to finish seeing the open world. I'm done with the game for awhile. The last 10 or so hours kind of ruined it for me.

How is it? I hear people say the story doesn't make sense and there are lot of plot holes. Is that so? Also is it grindy game?

No, the story is great, amazing even. At least until the weird ending. Not grindy at all, you can beat the game in 50 hours as I did doing just some of the side content (of which there is tons. After you beat the game you can travel back in time to complete more of it if you wish. There's lots of "postgame" content.) You can also run from enemies if you don't wish to fight.

However, the last 10-15 hours I disliked. I hate how endgame areas in these games are mechanized, dark, foreboding militarized structures. And demons, demons everywhere. But the first 35 hours I thought it was one of the best RPGs I had played in a long while. Your mileage may vary depending on how you like to play. I left many quests undone because I was disappointed the postgame stuff didn't seamlessly fit into the world and story. I.e., you have to go back in time to before you beat the game to do the rest of the content you left behind (which is massive, I beat the game at level 45/46 and there are level 99 monster hunts and legendary weapons and much more.) The game can be as big as you want it to be. It's beatable in 50 hours or even much less (I'd often let the car rides run to gain extra AP from a skill that lets you gain it by taking trips in the car, etc., so my play time is longer. I also play slower than most.)

So no, not grindy, very well paced, fun, exciting with good to great characters and a mostly excellent story. Visually the most stunning game I've played yet. Lots of fun customization of both your vehicles and skill trees, and there's awesome chocobos, so there's that. :) Also, I found even the fishing sidegames fun and interesting, you can spend hours just catching rare fish or even bigger, sea monsters to fight (I think, didn't get that good in fishing) and more.

It's a gem. Just be prepared for those ugly lategame areas that FF is known for.

Amazing how two people can have two so diametrically opposed views of the same game. I hated FF XV, didn't like one thing about it except the graphics I guess.

Amazing how two people can have two so diametrically opposed views of the same game. I hated FF XV, didn't like one thing about it except the graphics I guess.

Fair enough. Opinions are opinions. I hated the last 10-15 hours, but the first parts I actually enjoyed. That said, I won't play through it again, not for a long time. The world was kind of boring, really.

So while waiting for Pathfinder Kingmaker, I decided to try to at least remove one game from my backlog. A little game.

I went with Gratuitous Space Battles. I probably got that from a humble bundle or Bundlestar. Not something I would normally buy.

I played a bit of it last night. I haven't went over all the items stuff to customize you ship yet though, which seems to actually be the fun part. I'm not sure if it's going to last me a week though.

This week… Neverwinter Nights EE on the World of Greyhawk server. I used to play on it about 8 years ago. They've recently migrated to NWN:EE so I'm trying it out. Lots of good stuff, a lot of areas based on classic D&D can be visited - Hommlet, TOEE, Undermountain etc etc.

Yeah the huge one, its not strictly speaking Greyhawk but I'm not going to complain.

It's been around a long time. Here's a list of adventures they've created on the server over the years. Pretty cool for old school dnd players…

The Village of Hommlet: Levels 1-4
Temple of Elemental Evil: 4-12
Ruskis & Pirate Skullduggery: 1-4
Borderkeep: Last Bastion Against the Pomarj: 2-10
Ghost Tower of Inverness: 7-11
Against the Giants: Intended from about 8th level through mid-Epic
Cult of the Dragon: 8th into Epic
The Marklands (The Great Northern Crusade): 14th through mid Epic
White Plume Mountain: 14th into Epic
Rary the Traitor: Epic and Beyond
Queen of the Demon Web Pits: Epic and Beyond
Undermountain: 5 into Epic
Ruins of Castle Greyhawk: Under Construction, to be announced

Just finished the NWN mod Wyvern Crown of Cormyr and working through Crimson_Tides_of_Tethyr, and just starting the 3rd person shooter El Matador on the PC.

Getting into Godfather Mob Wars on the PSP, Monster House on the DS, and Unfabulous on the GBA.

Mario:biggrin:

This totally sounds interesting to me, but am I correct in thinking it must be played online only? I like the sound of all the extra content, but if it is only online I may just skip it.

Travellin' thru Montana ( with a giant grizzly companion ) and shootin' some rednecks, they always drop down dollars and cheeseburgers. It's sort of dumb, but hilarious-ly fun, simultaneously.

This totally sounds interesting to me, but am I correct in thinking it must be played online only? I like the sound of all the extra content, but if it is only online I may just skip it.

Yes is online, although you can download a copy of the module from the vault I think. Something to note, as it's designed for online play it's not particularly story driven, more adventure zones that you battle your way through with a little bit of story to give you direction.

Back
Top Bottom