Coronavirus (No Politics)

Interesting. Will the milder one get you immune for the more aggressive one?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how different they are in the markers (antigenes) on their surface.
Today I read in a Dutch newspaper the virus may lead to permanent damage in the lungs (fibrosis) in the more severe cases.

AFAIR(emember) lung fibrosis may be a complication in almost any type of pneumonia.

a pibbur who is not particularly afraid at the moment, but may approach that state of mind later, depending on how things develop (not restricted to corona).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, pibbur.
a pibbur who is not particularly afraid at the moment, but may approach that state of mind later, depending on how things develop (not restricted to corona).
What do you mean exactly, how things develop, not restricted to corona?

Ps
Sorry to have edited your post pibbur. I pushed the wrong button and started typing my reply to your post, saved it, and then noticed yours was gone and that I had been editing your post instead of starting a new post of my own. :(
I had to edit it again to put your original post back.

In case you're not aware of it Eye, Pibs is tormented by a recurring nightmare in which he suddenly finds himself flying to Australia where he is immediately attacked by giant spiders and two snakes, while circling offshore is a huge shark just waiting for him to try to escape!! :)

I would hate it to end up in Australia as well, today I read that thanks to the coronavirus there is a shortage of toiletpaper and that the amount per customer is limited!
Terrible fires, awful bugs, poisonous snakes AND no toiletpaper, how you folk down under manage to survive is a mystery to me. :)

Just thinking about not being able to wipe down under….gross!

Isn't a pibbur some type of retired doctor/medical professional?

I would hate it to end up in Australia as well, today I read that thanks to the coronavirus there is a shortage of toiletpaper and that the amount per customer is limited!
Terrible fires, awful bugs, poisonous snakes AND no toiletpaper, how you folk down under manage to survive is a mystery to me. :)

We have LOTS of great beer and wines!! :p :)

Just thinking about not being able to wipe down underÂ….gross!

Isn't a pibbur some type of retired doctor/medical professional?
I finished med school back in 1980, but soon discovered that while I still find medicine (theory) interesting, I really disliked working with patients (and because of that probably didn't do a very good job either). So i quit. All in all I spent around 6 years in toral practicung medicine (GP and later radiology). Eventually I went back to uni and took a master in informatics. Spent the latest 18-20 years working with health care informatics (mostly radiology systems).

I asked the powers that be to cancel my license a couple of years ago, because being absent from the profession and actively doing nothing to keep myself updated for all those years, I'm no longer qualified. And I don't want to be obliged by law to provide professional help at for instance accident scenes when I'm no longer able to do that professionally.

A pibbur who realizes that when he now posts about medical things, it's to some degree medicine as it was 20 years ago when we, if I remember correctly, still used stone axes for amputations. And clubs for anesthesia.

Last edited:
See, now you wouldn't have to mess with this toilet paper stuff if you got one of those fancy toilets that sprayed you clean. https://youtu.be/GZRwI7m7gnw

(Though, if you have a power outage...)

First cases confirmed in the Kansas City area today. I'm not sure if work will start doing anything or not but we have changed how we do communion at church a bit. Still no change to the "peace" portion where everybody shakes hands with everyone around them - though a few of us did some practice elbow bumps.

Any changes going on out there with you folks?

Why toilet paper?!?!? I can understand canned food and long life milk but toilet paper? In the case of an emergency you can just wipe your butt with water in the shower or on the grass outside.

Psychology? It's one of the biggest items you buy. Buying alot of it looks like you are reaaallly doing alot to improve the situation. And as a result, there's a huge gap in the market shelves, so this in term motivates the next person…

I don't know. Maybe there's a different reason. You see, in German, stockpiling is called "hamstern". And then, there's this:

Both toilet paper and tissue paper are comfortable bedding choices for your hamster.
source

Mystery solved?

Why toilet paper?!?!? I can understand canned food and long life milk but toilet paper? In the case of an emergency you can just wipe your butt with water in the shower or on the grass outside.

No grass where I live, just rocks. Ouch. And there's no way in hell I'm doing that shower thing.

I'm on the road for work, and the wife has me scouring all of my redneck towns for toilet paper and paper towels. :p

Back
Top Bottom