PoE All patched up with both DLC

Pillars of Eternity

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
Okay so I am all patched up with both DLC installed.

I loaded my last game which I was in my second play though with patch 2.xx but can't really remember what I had done only at level 5.

So I am going to start over, So my question is Path of the Dammed on expert or Hard on Trail of Iron?

You can select Expert and Trial of Iron on any difficulty.

Selecting Path of the Dammed depends how much of a masochist you are. I don't even want to think what Concelhaut and Llengrath feels like on that difficulty, probably something like insta-death…

You can select Expert and Trial of Iron on any difficulty.

Selecting Path of the Dammed depends how much of a masochist you are. I don't even want to think what Concelhaut and Llengrath feels like on that difficulty, probably something like insta-death…

No I know you can pick either of them on any difficulty, just trying to balance out how hard I want it....

In my first play-through I made the mistake of choosing normal difficulty which eventually made combat rather pedestrian and rendered the later acts into a cakewalk. For White March Part I and my second game, hard was much more satisfying and indeed the Siege of Cragholdt felt great at this difficulty.

As for Path of the Damned and Expert mode, whilst I'm only about level 6 party-wise, I would say it would depend on how much you enjoy or are able to adapt to the resting system. Camping supplies are short (two rests only) in this mode and whilst I don't mind retreating to gather more resources, it won't be to the liking of some.

That said, every time you save results in greeting the title screen again but the risk involved in potentially losing your save from a lost fight can be quite exhilarating. :)
I'll be getting back to my game soon now that White March part II is out for sure.

White March 2 is out now!!

I ended up going with Hard on Trail of Iron?

Last edited:
White March 2 is out now!!

I ended up going with Hard on Trail of Iron?

I'm playing again on vanilla Path of the Damned. I can't imagine going Trial of Iron unless on Normal or lower difficulty, due to the insane randomness in enemy movements.

Back
Top Bottom