RPGWatch - Change in GOG Revenues

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As you might have noticed we are running only one advertising banner and that is for Good Old Games. We are doing that as it is the only organization we use to get some revenues from whenever people buy a game from them.

The TL/DR of it is: If you want to buy a game on Good Old Games, click on one of our GOG banners and navigate on GOG to the game(s) you want to buy, which will give us a percentage of the sales made.

The details of it are:

1. If you register through RPGWatch, by clicking on the banner to go to Good old Game, or by clicking a GOG link in a news posting that ends with a long series of numbers and letters, just like this one, and you make a new account on Good Old Games, any game you buy for the next 12 months after creating your account will give us a revenue of 8% (minus taxes) of that sale. You won't have to go through any link on RPGWatch to make sure we get that revenue, it is automatically handled during these 12 months.
  2. After the 12 months, we do not get any revenue anymore from a game you buy at Good Old Games, unless you go to Good Old Games by clicking on a banner, or a link that looks like the one above. In that case any game you buy during that session will give us a revenue of 4% (minus taxes).
    Clicking on a banner will lead you to the game belongig to that banner on Good Old Games, but that is not relevant. At the moment you enter Good Old Games, a new session is created and you can move to the game(s) you want to buy. As long as you don't let that session expire (by going away for a longer period of time and come back later) we will get that revenue of anything you buy at Good Old Games.
So, if you want to help RPGWatch out financially then you can donate and/or use one of our Good Old Games banners to take you to the Good Old Games site, in case you want to buy some games there.

More information.

Here is an update on how the revenue system of Good Old Games works.

click on banner
register a new account
buy any game from there for the next 12 months

or

click on a banner
sign into gog
buy a game

RPGWatch gets 8% (not my business if gross revenue, net of profits, pre-tax, etc.)

Am I reading that wrong? If so I will edit this.

That is correct, with the exception that the revenues when you have registered is 8% and after those 12 months it is 4%.
If you just click our GOG ads banner, whenever you want to buy something on GOG then it should cover all situations :)

GOG only transfers the money when it is more than 150 Euros. This year we have, unfortunately, not reached that number yet.

Hmm, I'm not seeing any such banner, even when I turn off Adguard and reload. Is that because I'm signed in with an account?

is it 4% with a banner click or 8%? If its 4% I will register a new account.

Do I have to spend 150E or is that collective?

@rj - does your browser or device have adblocking built in?

Hmm, I'm not seeing any such banner, even when I turn off Adguard and reload. Is that because I'm signed in with an account?
That is because you are a donor :)
The 150 Euro is collective. They just add it up over time until it hits that number.

Well, I can enable banners again for donors, but I can also sticky the link in the RPGWatch subforum.

GOG only transfers the money when it is more than 150 Euros. This year we have, unfortunately, not reached that number yet.

May I ask whether there is a lot or only a small sum missing from that ?
I mean, there are still games at GOG I'd like to buy ... ;)

We are not close to that number at the moment, but every bit counts :)

Well, I can enable banners again for donors, but I can also sticky the link in the RPGWatch subforum.

There is no problem to enable the banner for the donors. If we can help also when we buy a game it's not a bother.

I'll certainly try to remember to do that before buying from Gog. Win win.

You should make this a sticky or something. Anyhow I'll try to remember this when I'm buying a new game from gog. :)

Back
Top Bottom