The Outer Worlds - Review @ 3CR

Ah, I haven't been utilizing the keys. I just expect them to be able to fight without my help in a game absolutely brimming with combat. Still, I play on normal so the two gals are great fodder when needed for my slow-mo to recharge. The two male characters are both dweebs, imo.

Ah, I haven't been utilizing the keys. I just expect them to be able to fight without my help in a game absolutely brimming with combat. Still, I play on normal so the two gals are great fodder when needed for my slow-mo to recharge. The two male characters are both dweebs, imo.

If you put them on defensive you only need to hit X once every combat to make them engage (as in when the enemies have spotted you and are rushing your way). Of course the special abilities on C and V are nice enough as well, but most battles I don't use them.

I use them. With the engineer girl especially, her melee special ability is pretty much one use = one kill.

Girls, guys... Suck. :p
Get the robot already!

Girls, guys… Suck. :p
Get the robot already!

He's cute but doesn't he lag behind pretty seriously after a while since you can't change his weapons? Or does his damage increase with levels?

Mark Sam as a party member, add any other companion with him (I preferred Nyoka because of her stingy remarks), exit the ship, find some trashmobs that respawned, aim the group then hit V. Profit.

Use C to clear leftovers. If there's any… :)

I think SAM is doing around 600 damage for me at level 16 or so. I'm wandering Monarch and the XP racks up fast. I swap the companions around quite a bit to keep it interesting and to see if the banter changes up. It does a little bit. I think one of my favorite things is finding all of the knick-knacks that end up on your ship. I'm sure I've missed some, but it's cool to explore the ship after each planet.

I didn't really like Sam much at all - he didn't have much of a personality and the sudden noise he would make when firing his jets for elevation got annoying.

I think one of my favorite things is finding all of the knick-knacks that end up on your ship.

9xoEvxJ.jpg

Nyoka and Pavarotti were definitely my favorite companion quests.

I think one of my favorite things is finding all of the knick-knacks that end up on your ship. I'm sure I've missed some...
You definetly did.
A certain poster and a certain, erm, religious thingy, you have to steal (ship tavern and a settlement mayor). You'll get caught. Nothing to worry though, just bribe or talk it out, the negative rep from it is ignorable.

Mild Spoilers:

I'm on Monarch now and for the first time combat is mildly challenging on normal. The geckos can do enough dots to make things hairy. I've found it's best to just load up on heavy weapons on this map, hence Felix and SAM. With 3 grenade-type guns the beasties fall pretty quick.

I felt that it really depends which weapons you equip. On Monarch I got hold on an assault rifle doing >1000 shock dps. If you don't update our gear you can as well have half the firepower.

Some combat on Monarch reminded me of Starship Troopers btw. :D

Back
Top Bottom