Two Worlds - Now Available in NA

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Southpeak sent over the following announcement:
SOUTHPEAK GAMES RELEASES TWO WORLDS FOR PC AND XBOX 360™
Eagerly Anticipated Role-Playing Game Gives “Player Freedom” Like Never Before

SEATTLE, WA - August 24, 2007 SouthPeak Games, from the 2007 Penny Arcade Expo (PAX), today announced that Two Worlds, the publisher’s new, open-ended role-playing game for PC and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft is now available in stores nationwide. Two Worlds features over a hundred hours of single-player quests, stackable weapons and magic, as well as epic online multiplayer PvP and RPG gameplay. PAX show attendees will be among the first to experience Two Worlds through demos and mini competitions at the SouthPeak Booth # 603 during the three-day game festival for tabletop, videogame, and PC gamers.

Developed by TopWare Interactive and Reality Pump Studios, Two Worlds delivers the ultimate role-playing challenge. The game features unprecedented “player freedom,” with player decisions shaping the world permanently and directly affecting how the world reacts to the mere presence of the main mercenary character. Their journeys will take them through cities, dungeons, snow-covered mountains, bamboo forests, barren deserts and cause kings to be overthrown, cities to be sacked, and organizations to be eradicated. The world lives its own life, but it’s well within the player’s power to change it. The entire game of Two Worlds explodes with personality and original features like stackable weapons and magic - for the first time in an RPG, every item you collect has value. The ambience is at a new level with stunning graphics and Grammy Award winning composer Harold Faltermeyer providing the soundtrack. Combine this with online options that allow players to adventure together, and it’s easy to see why Two Worlds is destined to become the premier role-playing game experience.
“Two Worlds is a huge leap forward for role-playing games in terms of scale and new ideas,” said Melanie Mroz, Executive VP of SouthPeak. “We can’t wait for everyone to start exploring the world of Antaloor.”
The storyline, based in the ancient world of Antaloor, thrusts players into a silent war amongst all of the civilized races and the Orc hordes, an evil legion of vicious beasts. The Orcs are desperately seeking to rediscover the power of their fallen leader, Aziraal, the god of war to launch their own holy crusade and take over the world. As one of the few people able to unlock the secrets of Aziraal’s tomb, gamers play a pivotal role in this ancient conflict. All the forces of the world wish to find the tomb first and seize its power. It is up to the players to save the world or destroy it.
Two Worlds is rated M for Mature, and comes in both a Standard Edition and Collector’s Edition for both platforms. The collector’s version includes a bonus disc with additional art, videos and music, along with a collector edition map and hardbound role-playing book based off the game. For more information about Two Worlds or SouthPeak Games, please visit www.2-worlds.com or www.southpeakgames.com.
More information.

Been enjoying it since yesterday afternoon, really good game in the vein of gothic meets diablo meets divine divinity in 3d. Mage path is fun with plenty of strategy if you don't decide to use the few "I win" spells. Little unbalanced, but huge engrossing world with plenty to do. Nothing has seemed out of place yet and I think I'm about 1/3 the way through the story.

I picked up my copy at Best Buy today.

It's still not available here!! :(

Release during the GC and at the same time as Bioshock. Congratualtions.

The high point for me is the soundtrack.... The song playing during the main menu is unmistakeably Nightwish, a very accomplished opera-goth metal band I enjoy listening to. I need to find that to download...

I haven't bought this yet, I'm just briefly trying out the demo. Framerates are unplayable even on medium settings - worse than G3 on equivelent settings. Is that what to expect?? I've got a fairly new PC with Radeon X1300 video card. I know it's a mid/low end video card but it has been adequate on every other newer game I have.. so.... any ideas?

I lowered the settings and frames improved but graphics are disgusting at minimum levels. I won't be buying this if that's as good as it gets. :(

I just noticed that Nightwish has a new album releasing September 28th, so maybe the song is on that.

I really like Nightwish too, but I don't remember hearing that they did any work on Two Worlds. According to this IGN article, Harold Faltermeyer was responsible for the soundtrack which also featured performances by the band AmberMoon and a singer named Kyra (I hope they didn't mix this up with Kira the sister).

My experience is that TW scales quite well...it plays plays OK (just) on my laptop (X600). Unfortunately, that X1300 is on the very low side of low-mid. Of course, we don't know your other specs. ;)

Framerates are unplayable even on medium settings - worse than G3 on equivelent settings. Is that what to expect?? (

I had the same problem with the demo (extremely low framerates, etc.) I have a decent mid-range system that still pretty much tackles anything thrown at it with some features disabled, but the demo for Two Worlds made my machine cry. In any case, they've released three patches since it's release, and I doubt they patched the demo, but I could be wrong. It looked like a fun game, so I'm gonna pick it up and see if it runs better at ver. 1.04 than the demo I downloaded on day 1. If not, I'll put it on ebay or more likely put it on the shelf, because I'm building a new computer sometime before the end of the year, and I'll play it then.

@ Geist: Really? I believe you... But if it really isn't them, please tell me I'm not going crazy and that it sounds exactly like them.?? I mean the song style and everything is like something they would do, and the vocals were dead-on!

@ Dhruin: Other relevant specs are Pentium Core2 E6300 chip with 2 gigs RAM. Low-end card or not, it ought to be running better than it is... I play Need for Speed Carbon, X3 Reunion, Medieval II Total War, and even the performance hog Gothic III on medium to high graphical settings, and do not have any problems, so something's up.

@ Sir Markus: Your experience with the demo is encouraging, but I assumed the demo just released would have been patched, No? Anyway, keep me posted on how it does when you get the full version. I want to play this game, but I don't want to waste money if it isn't going to work...

@ Dhruin: Other relevant specs are Pentium Core2 E6300 chip with 2 gigs RAM. Low-end card or not, it ought to be running better than it is... I play Need for Speed Carbon, X3 Reunion, Medieval II Total War, and even the performance hog Gothic III on medium to high graphical settings, and do not have any problems, so something's up.
The mentioned games are not putting a lot of pressure on the graphics card. Yours is an office card. It´s unadequate for a gamer system. You should Ebay that card and buy at least a carefully chosen card between 100 and 150$. Beware of noise!

Nightwish is cooperating with CD Projekt on The Witcher. It´s hard to believe they´re promoting two RPGs at the same time.

Is it that with the RPG book in the collector's edition ?
I'm still angry that the German collector's edition has a card game instead of that.
Apart from some other things.
I would rather have liked to see an RPG book, but without it's not interesting for me anymore.

Edit : By the way, someone at the Larian boards said that turning off the shadows makes the game run more smoothly than before.

@ Gorath: Why do you say those games don't stress the card? What's the difference - especially comparing Gothic??
*BTW, I PAID $100 for the card... the plan being for it to get me by until DX10 supported cards came out. Well now they're here, so I'm probably spending $300 on my next card.

@ Alrik: Turning off shadows slightly improved performance, and promptly made the game look ten years older...:-/

@ Gorath: Why do you say those games don't stress the card? What's the difference - especially comparing Gothic??

Gorath was right about your card being an office card and it not really being suitable for gaming but I was also wondering about that other part of his post :) . If you want to see record high temperatures on your GPU then just run the X3 benchmark or stress test or what it's called. It's nuts. I've never seen my GPU temp go higher than that. X3 is definitely very demanding. NFS: Carbon is not exactly gentle on the GPU either as soon as you turn on those shiny surfaces, reflections and all that jazz. Though it will actually still look pretty decent with some of the shader-heavy effects turned off so it's just not as noticeable when you turn it to medium/low settings. It will not automatically start to look like crap like some other games do. No clue about Medieval 2. Only played the demo but out of the games you mentioned it's probably the least demanding in terms of GPU.

Yes, Moriendor, you're exactly right - Medieval 2 is the least demanding. But as far as I'm concerned, X3 and NFS Carbon (which btw, I run with all the "jazz") are roughly equivilent to an average FPS, which, as we all know, produce the heaviest stress on a card.

What we need is for one more person to come on here and trash my video card... :wall:
I know it's an office card already!!! I knew that when I bought it... like I said, it was just a temporary because I bought a new system that needed a card, and I didn't want to drop big bucks on one that would only support DX9.
But bang for the buck, that office card wasn't doing too shabby until Two Worlds came along, and I'm just wondering what the big difference is with that game?? No matter... LOL

I'm just wondering what the big difference is with that game??

Oh :) . Well, I think the difference is that Two Worlds with its huge open world with lots of vegetation and high viewing distances, dynamic lighting etc. requires a lot of video RAM and a fast link/bandwidth between the GPU and the video card's memory as a lot of textures need to be processed, loaded, swapped in and out all the time. That's where the X1300 doesn't shine. It's limited in all three categories that matter here, i.e. raw power (GPU clock), bandwidth and general memory performance (including the amount of it).
X3 as a space game has more repeating elements and doesn't nearly have the density of objects as a game with vegetation. It only starts to graphically lag when there are a lot of ships (or a huge ship) to render.
And NFS: Carbon has predefined race tracks so the only GPU demanding task is to render the competing cars, the reflections on them, the lighting from them etc. so if you're a good driver and leading the pack all the time (having no other cars on screen with you at a time) then it would probably perform pretty well even on a low end card.

To be honest I'm quite surprised that you can run both games maxed out on an X1300 :) .

Back
Top Bottom