Lords of Shu...Xulima!

The one out the box, old school veteran.

Lips are sealed about the rest of the game, enjoy!

YOOOOO! Episode 11 is up. This episode is actually pretty action-packed, including some unique adventure stuff like sneaking around giant, deadly mushrooms without being detected and exploring an entirely new zone. Did I mention this game is huge? :p

Enjoy!

Haha, you haven't even gotten very far. Only two,three of the many, many maps :D

By the way I'm Empiresfan :D

Ah, what up! I talked more about some of your comments in future episodes of the LP. I kept forgetting your YouTube handle so you're referred to as "that guy who commented on some of the videos". :p

Thanks for checking out the LP and taking the time to write some comments. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. Hope you do as well since you said you were picking it back up.

Ah, what up! I talked more about some of your comments in future episodes of the LP. I kept forgetting your YouTube handle so you're referred to as "that guy who commented on some of the videos". :p

Thanks for checking out the LP and taking the time to write some comments. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far. Hope you do as well since you said you were picking it back up.

Yes, but it still has the same issues as before.

I'm only playing every time I see you getting closer to where I am.

Some fights are funny because you struggle when I have it easy and I struggle when you have it easy.

The shrooms were hard for me because I barely had any fire damage. You pulverised the small shrooms because you had fire with your Mage.

Also you are focusing on different things with your summoner than I am so we may see different things with those too.

I have a barbarian where you have a Mage so I have a much stronger frontline.

I lack stunning capability though where you have a strong stunner.

So it's funny to see how fights can be different.

I am now barely able to beat the large groups of guards in Nabros with a few blessings of strength and speed. Maybe those will be easy for you. Although I doubt it because your backline may die in two shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some fights are funny because you struggle when I have it easy and I struggle when you have it easy.

The shrooms were hard for me because I barely had any fire damage. You pulverised the small shrooms because you had fire with your Mage.

Also you are focusing on different things with your summoner than I am so we may see different things with those too.

I am now barely able to beat the large groups of guards in Nabros with a few blessings of strength and speed. Maybe those will be easy for you. Although I doubt it because your backline may die in two shots

For sure. It took me some time to figure out that backline characters need some CON, too. :p

I was just thinking about what you mentioned there, the way that battles can be different depending on how you build your party, etc. Since you can only create 5 characters out of 9 possible classes, you could play at least twice with nearly a totally different party each time. Plus the classes have so many different ways you could build them, and so many different synergies you can create in the party depending on how you choose to play it and develop your characters. It's pretty crazy in that regard.

The craziest part is that even later in the game the combat continues to evolve along with your party. I'm starting to thoroughly develop certain strategies, yet encounters still throw me for a loop with some new element or twist. It's like nut after nut to crack, and then a few nuts all at once, and the occasional Big Nut of Death. :p Really impressive stuff, IMO.

This is also my desktop background. Wicked art, IMO. - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t9k4g1Zie...r.lords-of-xulima.1920x1080.2014-06-05.57.jpg

^ High-res versions come with the Deluxe Edition, for those interested. :)

Episode 12 is uploaded. In this one we work our way through the Golden Woods, speak to a hermit and explore our first tower! Note to self: Watch your step. Traps are nasty things. :)

What up, y'all? Episode 13 is up. In this episode we work towards clearing the Tower of Melancholy. There's a deadly maze trap to navigate and a few other surprises along the way! Maybe even our first tower boss... :)

Oh that Beholder caused me problems! Probably the first battle where I really had to think properly about my strategy, timings, how the team works together etc. Nice one Fluent.

Finished yesterday evening though, clocked 78 hours:cool:

Oh that Beholder caused me problems! Probably the first battle where I really had to think properly about my strategy, timings, how the team works together etc. Nice one Fluent.

Finished yesterday evening though, clocked 78 hours:cool:

Nice! Congrats. :)

If you're interested in a re-play, you might want to skip Hardcore Ironman and check out this mod. It's a total re-balance/overhaul by a modder named Celerity that makes the game even harder than Hardcore Ironman.

Well, Fluent, a more fun (for me) game came along. I am playing through XCom2.
Once I finish I may even play the Long War 2, so I think my playthrough of LoX is over.

I wish you all the best. I may watch a few videos here and there still, but I am unlikely to be able to give you any more hints :D

How do you like the Barbarian so far? The Arcane Warrior is pretty sweet, but I can imagine the Barbarian being a beast on the front-line!

What are you focusing your Divine Summoner on? I still don't know what the Golot Herald does. "Materialize Essence" or something.

I would suggest some sort of stunning or freezing capability at some point. Scrolls are very useful and can work if you don't have direct casting capability. The Divine Summoner also gets the Taliet Herald which can stun AND freeze, and yes, it is as amazing as it sounds! :)

Well, Fluent, a more fun (for me) game came along. I am playing through XCom2.
Once I finish I may even play the Long War 2, so I think my playthrough of LoX is over.

I wish you all the best. I may watch a few videos here and there still, but I am unlikely to be able to give you any more hints :D

Damn. Crazy timing, lol. Well I hope you have fun with XCom 2! I'd suggest maybe taking a peek at a few episodes in the future. Some of the battles I get into are truly mindblowing! I'm glad I got a few of them on camera. :D

How do you like the Barbarian so far? The Arcane Warrior is pretty sweet, but I can imagine the Barbarian being a beast on the front-line!

What are you focusing your Divine Summoner on? I still don't know what the Golot Herald does. "Materialize Essence" or something.

I would suggest some sort of stunning or freezing capability at some point. Scrolls are very useful and can work if you don't have direct casting capability. The Divine Summoner also gets the Taliet Herald which can stun AND freeze, and yes, it is as amazing as it sounds! :)

Barbarian is good for the frontline. Does lots of damage and can withstand a lot too. One of the abilities is rage which increases Crit Chance and that is very useful.

My Divine summoner worked mostly on Nalaet, Taliet and Valvet. So this meant I had healing, ice and fire. Problem with Ice is that it extinguishes flames, which help a lot at bringing down high HP enemies. So I use Valvet when I am trying to reduces health and Taliet when the enemies play too often.

Nalaet is almost always simply behind them healing.

I do not use Golot, but he basically summons gold, based on enemy level I think. The gold he summons is dependent on the Golot level and the enemy level. I think I read most people suggesting you either max him, or simply take one level and let him steal gold when playing against super weak enemies. So you let him steal for two turns whilst the enemies barely harm you. Then you finish them off.

OR you level him up so much he makes you super rich. Issue is he doesn't do much in the way of fighting.

My divine summoner is focusing on fire with one point in freeze too. She has a bow so can fire from the backline to the enemy's backline, or go to the front when someone is injured. Makes the team quite versatile.

If you have tried fighting the Nabros guards, you may have some difficulty with all the archers.

Damn. Crazy timing, lol. Well I hope you have fun with XCom 2! I'd suggest maybe taking a peek at a few episodes in the future. Some of the battles I get into are truly mindblowing! I'm glad I got a few of them on camera. :D

Yeah, I watch YT videos on the train to and from work, so I probably will keep watching some, but it depends on the other videos I am watching too. I just probably own't be watching as many of LoX whilst at home.

Barbarian is good for the frontline. Does lots of damage and can withstand a lot too. One of the abilities is rage which increases Crit Chance and that is very useful.

My Divine summoner worked mostly on Nalaet, Taliet and Valvet. So this meant I had healing, ice and fire. Problem with Ice is that it extinguishes flames, which help a lot at bringing down high HP enemies. So I use Valvet when I am trying to reduces health and Taliet when the enemies play too often.

Nalaet is almost always simply behind them healing.

I do not use Golot, but he basically summons gold, based on enemy level I think. The gold he summons is dependent on the Golot level and the enemy level. I think I read most people suggesting you either max him, or simply take one level and let him steal gold when playing against super weak enemies. So you let him steal for two turns whilst the enemies barely harm you. Then you finish them off.

OR you level him up so much he makes you super rich. Issue is he doesn't do much in the way of fighting.

My divine summoner is focusing on fire with one point in freeze too. She has a bow so can fire from the backline to the enemy's backline, or go to the front when someone is injured. Makes the team quite versatile.

If you have tried fighting the Nabros guards, you may have some difficulty with all the archers.

Cool. Summoning gold, that's a new one! I can see that being very useful on harder difficulty levels as it always seems I'm a bit short on coins. I am learning that the Talisman of Golot is very useful for that as well.

Yeah, I watch YT videos on the train to and from work, so I probably will keep watching some, but it depends on the other videos I am watching too. I just probably own't be watching as many of LoX whilst at home.

Got it. Well, I'm going to post every episode link here and on the Codex, so I'll try to keep in mind to shout out the more epic ones with the really crazy battles! There are quite a few of them, oh yes... :)

Yeah, I do not have the talisman DLC, so it was a bit difficult. I think I managed to have more gold than you as I am not spending as much on equipment.

Gold management is a key. I found out somewhat the hard way as I seem to always be pushing it to the brink, even going as far as selling a few extra herbs to buy potions, lol.

The Talisman is cool as you can turn its experience gains into cold, hard cash or other boons. It's important and very helpful, I'll just say that.

Dang. That does sound useful. Nobody in my party really Crits very often, but when it happens it is sweet. I especially love seeing all that bonus damage rack up like you just hit big on the slot machine. :D Although this happens on non-Crits, too.

Back
Top Bottom