Fallout Fallout 1 & 2 - Any Suggestion?

Ball_Breaker

Sentinel
So, as the topic says, I'm playing FO 1 for the first time. I know, shame on me for not playing it before: it's great :D! Of course, after I'll beat the first one, I can finally move on the sequel (my only problem with FO 2 was a stupid bug that corrupted my savegame when I almost completed years ago, and since then I never replayed it).

I'm considering to play as a "sharpshooter" with good karma (no evil playthrough, for now). Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

That sounds like a reasonable choice to me. I also like the diplomatic and high speech or intelligence oriented "speak softly and carry a big f*cking gun* type as well. :)

I thoroughly recommend going high intelligence at least once and then trying out a lowly bruiser type for the infamously amusing dim-witted character dialogue options. Play how you want though and enjoy it. :) It's one of the all time greats.

Thanks, Pessimeister :) indeed I've always played for the first time as that kind of character in every FO game. I really love the open world and combat btw :)

Just curious: how much FO: Tactics is different compared to both games?

Fallout Tactics is more of a squad based combat simulator than an RPG, less choices based in dialogue and more straight up linear style mission based map exploration. The best comparison I can think of is probably Jagged Alliance, even if I haven't played that one yet...

It's still definitely worth your time even if it's not quite like the Fallouts of old - I was frankly surprised by how much I liked it.

Yeah, I came up with the Jagged Alliance comparison too, so I'm not sure if I like it... I still have to get used again to TB combat, and for now FO 1 is doing a pretty good job ^^.

So, as the topic says, I'm playing FO 1 for the first time.
OMG
Shame on you!!!

I know, shame on me for not playing it before: it's great :D!
Um... Yea. Well...

I'm considering to play as a "sharpshooter" with good karma (no evil playthrough, for now). Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!
I can suggest only doing exactly that. The beauty of the game is that you can go with any options and have fun with each one.

High perception for sharpshooter. There's a trait that you can take at the beginning that gives you more points for your SPECIAL attributes at the cost of lower skill points when you level up. I'd take that as the higher attribute scores are invaluable.

Save all those healing powders because they can be used to lower an NPC's perception so you can pickpocket stuff off them.

Thanks for the suggestions guys ^^ I think that the perk you're referring to is Gifted, and I already got it ;) btw, I'm at the Hub doin' some subquests. Up to now I have three companions (Ian, Tycho and Dogmeat): how many of them can I keep?

So, as the topic says, I'm playing FO 1 for the first time. I know, shame on me for not playing it before: it's great :D! Of course, after I'll beat the first one, I can finally move on the sequel (my only problem with FO 2 was a stupid bug that corrupted my savegame when I almost completed years ago, and since then I never replayed it).

Man First Fallout. I played it so many times, i just love to explore wastelands and randomly encounter enemies.

I never played any of the fallouts before and I'm slowly working my way through fallout 1. I bought the Fallout 1 and 2 disc pack off amazon and so far fallout 1 holds up pretty well.

I'm not a huge fan of modern games because I think they are too gimmicky. I found the first ending where you can turn in vault 13 to the super mutants and now I'm working on the continued story where I gotta defeat the super mutants some how.

Think i'll take the caravan south and see what I find there now that I don't have a ticking clock to worry about.

Definitely an older game as there are no romance options.

Definitely an older game as there are no romance options.
Fallout1?
Yes, there are romance options. Not what Bioware makes of it, but… Let's say "romance".

Back
Top Bottom