The Secret World: Ultimate Edition

That explain the lack of questions. I was expecting questions. Everyone has questions.

All this talk of TSW made me re-install the game personally. I had a long weekend so I had the time (and Shadowrun HK bonus content is pissing me off with pointless long fights).

I still find the combat somewhat annoying though.

I just found out there was a personality test for which faction to choose. I bought the game in 2013...

Warning, flash animation.

I just found out there was a personality test for which faction to choose. I bought the game in 2013…

Warning, flash animation.

Ha, interesting approach. Questions are a little bit obvious if you've dabbled in the game at all though. I bought ultimate ed late last year, have only played a little bit however (I picked up TESO at the same time). Still plan on putting more time into once the mood takes me.

edit - btw here's a beginners guide that I found quite useful for anyone starting out

www.tswdb.com/miscellaneous/the-secret-world-beginner-guide

While JDR13 is trying to find "when" he can play the game, I returned to it and made a new character and restarted as a New-Bee. I never got far into the Savage Coast before, I got bored with my character and frustrated. Seems like whatever frustrated me is gone now, combat is still clunky though but I can live with it for now.

Technically, I made two new characters (that lasted more than a few minutes). I grew bored of shotgun/blade in the middle of the Savage Coast and decide to try another character without deleting the old one. Ended up with a new character using Pistol/Blood and then grew tied of Blood in the middle of the Savage Coast…and switched Blood for Hammer instead of restarting again.

I'm almost done with the Savage Coast now. :)

I've started up playing TSW again myself. I played about 10 hours of Kingsmouth about 6 months ago before but got distracted so decided to start again a few days ago. I started with blade + elemental but am currently trying all magic, chaos+elemental, but is early days will see how it pans out. I played shotty and blade last time, am yet to try blood, fists, pistols or hammer.

Am getting lots of runes and other components... Do people regularly craft their own or mod their gear or wait for drops/mission rewards?

-kwm

Am getting lots of runes and other components… Do people regularly craft their own or mod their gear or wait for drops/mission rewards?

I dismantle anything I'm not using to get the material that I combine to make higher level material for later. It happened twice that I was a while without the right weapon drop so I did crafted it or bought something cheap in the AH (then I got the drop I was looking for lol).

Sooo...I finally decided to give this one a try. Is there anyone from The Watch still playing this? Gotta say that I hate their naming system..but I finally managed to find a nickname not already in use heh.

If anyone sees a sale on this let me know.

I'm already looking for my next MMO after ESO.

After Funcom decided my key was a illegal key purchased via Steam (which it wasn't, I bought the game from them directly) and suspended my account and refuse to reinstate it, I can't endorse this game or company anymore. Too bad, would have liked to finish the story, etc.

I picked it up. Haven't done anything besides the initial starter quests. I'm liking these MMOs with no monthly fees as it frees me from any need to play much. Hopefully I'll have some time this week to get into it.

I decided to grab this from the Steam sale now that the ultimate edition is only $14.99. Big giant download commencing.......

Im interested in the different setting most of all

Not perfect but it's an extremely fun game. You should NOT buy Ultimate if you haven't already.

What you want is called Complete Edition. All DLC, plus 30 days sub, weapon and outfit.

It's great to be in a non fantasy setting, but the game is a little overwhelming at the start DON'T freak out. The main thing is decide what type of play you enjoy, melee or ranged. Then come up with a build, either with help or suggestions. Then stick to it, making yourself powerful. You will eventually get all the Skills and Abilities, the main thing is don't spread yourself too thin at the beginning. It can make the game more difficult than it should be.

Also it's great change to have Investigation and Subterfuge missions, instead of combat missions all the time.

Last edited:
I saw that there was a complete edition after I had already purchased the ultimate edition, but I was using a Steam gift card, and honestly Ill never see all of the content there is in the ultimate edition anyway lol

Im going to have to read a little bit about character creation. I just chose Dragon and moved on just so I could see the gameworld for a few minutes before I had to leave

Yeah, not to worry there is a ton of content in Ultimate. It was just a mention to anyone who hasn't purchased it yet. They both go on sale at the same time so, it's easy not to know.

As I said the most important part is to be focused at first. Pick melee or ranged, then just level till you max those out 8 abilities and you will be way ahead of the game. When it comes to passives you can use any passive, even if it's not from your 2 chosen starting weapons. I chose Assault Rifle and Elemental, so I focused on ranged and crowd control. Imo, Assault Rifle is the best range and if I had to pick melee (which I've never used) it would be Claws or Blade. You have the ability to damage and heal with most weapons, but I'm not sure all.

Back
Top Bottom