The TV Series discussion thread

I had to read up a bit about Escape at Dannemora and was surprised to see it's based on a real event that took place in 2015.
It's quite focused and there's not too much mundane stuff going on really, but it's absolutely not "edge of your seat"-exciting.

If only "based on" meant something in the realm of entertainment :)

I'll have to give it another shot one of these days.

I didn't catch Escape at Dannemora when it first launched, but I've caught up on three episodes so far and fully intend on watching the rest. I'm quite familiar with the real story behind the show, and the three episodes I've seen so far have been very good, well worth watching.

Reached Season 3 of Voyager - and I find myself enjoying it more and more.

I guess it really was a case of "adjusting" myself to the people involved. I swear the quality of episodes have taken a sharp turn for the better, but it might just be me relenting and accepting the characters :)

I fear for my sanity, though, because I actually really enjoyed the double episode involving the Kazon - which I absolutely despised in the beginning. I found them among the least imaginative and most derivative antagonists of all time - which is saying something considering it's Trek we're talking about.

Season 3 has lot of great episodes with Distant Origin being one of my fav sci fi stories of all time. The two parter Future End was great for a number of reasons, in particular I grew up and lived in that part of LA.

I've completely caught up on Escape at Dannemora, and I'm looking forward to the conclusion. I likely won't watching it tonight, but the pvr will catch and save it for me to enjoy sometime this week.

I'm watching the 3rd season of Travellers. Crazy stuff is happening!

Please elaborate!! :)

David gets stuffed in the refrigerator - which is a huge twist on the Trope.

I thought the way the season started was an insult to the Season 2 cliffhanger - but we've seen a lot of shows retcon their way out of a twist they put themselves into - all the way back to the 40's.

Season 3 was awesome but it wasn't without its holes
McCormack's wife keeps threatening to leave him - for the third freaking time.
(real) Marcy is perfectly normal on the busride home when she should be mentally challenged. I will give the writers the benefit of the doubt on this one, and that they know that and they are just messing with us.
Why would McCormack stay and get himself killed in the World Trade Center when he could prevent the mistakes the Director made in the future such as prevent the Faction from existing?
He handed the envelope to the mathematician documenting Helios. Let's hope she gets out of the WTC alive - or doesn't because stopping Helios makes no difference. The Gov't knows about it anyway (though we don't know when they learned of it). I don't remember if stopping it in the first place caused the creation of the Faction.
When the Director took over Jeff, Carly didn't get a chance to beat him up anymore. So instead they have her new neighbour be in abusive relationship instead so she can beat him up. Its like they had two story arcs for them and had to shove the neighbours in so they could tell both.
What happened to the new Simon? That looked like an interesting character that went no where.
Why didn't Traveller 001 kill Grace?

I'm watching the 3rd season of Travellers. Crazy stuff is happening!

More accurately
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuum_(TV_series)

made even more clear by the fact that many of the same actors appear in both series. Its practically a sequel and could easily be smooshed in.

Okay, tonight I'm going to watch the new Black Mirror on Netflix. Should I post that in this thread or the Non-RPG Game forums?

You could. It's I believe the first visual novel live adaptation, so it can go both here and there. Sure it's not bundled in some classic executable nor you can save progress anywhere, it doesn't have any minigames… But the first attempt can't have everything, right? ;)

Note that after seeing the pig zoophilia episode I have no interest in that show.

Yeah about Travelers

The beginning of season 3 did not match the season 2 season ending cliff hanger. They kinda tied it together but it was mostly a big...oh come on . . . .

However, season 3 was good. And the season ending could be both a cliff hanger or a series ender. I felt it was nicely done.

I like how the annoying season long McCormick / Wife bickering ended up being the key to possible solving everything...he forgot a date.

I was on the fence about this show throughout its run. but now I can finally give it a thumbs up.

one thing that never got old . . . Carly beating up Jeff. Good times

They are both on TV, and both titles begin with the letter 'T'!! :p Gee, this feels just like Sesame Street!!!! :)

Corwin I said Mystery Road the other day. I know you can, here:
https://iview.abc.net.au/collection/1896
No, you don't have to watch the two prequel movies, this is a separate story.
Now please. Episodes. Skip extras.

Trailer:

What to keep an eye on in 2019?
BBC offered some suggestions and their article is an answer what differentiates a trustworthy company from pay2advertise scammers:
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190101-the-tv-shows-to-watch-in-2019

Yes, they actually recommend many potentially interesting titles not planned to air on BBC nor BBC didn't filmed any of it! Thumb up!

As it's me, I'll just skip over "usual suspects" we'll all watch anyway (Luther, Game of Thrones, etc) and concentrate on some exotics. :D
A zombie horror set in medieval South Korea, Kingdom (Netflix) tells the story of a crown prince (Ju Ji-hoon) who has fallen victim to a conspiracy, and has to set out on a mission to unveil the evil scheme and save his people from a strange plague that renders the infected immune to death and hungry for flesh.
This could be very good as it comes from the very same writer who did the Signal show I've mentioned before, but can't find time to put a few words about it. Yet. And @Couchpotato; is hooked with korean romance soaps so no luck there too. Yet. :)
Although koreans love to make 1season shows and that's it, Signal was planned to continue but Netflix hired the writer for that upcoming horror/fantasy… Which is already renewed. Yes, while Fox is cancelling shows in the middle, Netflix renews them before they air. 21st century Fox Netflix. :)
Kingdom will have a second season in 2020:
https://variety.com/2018/digital/as...rean-series-kingdom-second-season-1202873830/

Swedish-Danish thriller Greyzone (Channel 4/Walter Presents) follows the events leading up to a terror attack in Scandinavia. During a business trip abroad, drone software engineer Victoria (Birgitte Hjort Sørensen) meets a reporter – but the interview turns into a dangerous situation where Victoria and her son Oskar are taken hostage. When anti-terror police discover her desperate situation, they force her to become a double agent and gain insight into her captor’s terror network.
Terrorists, antiterrorists, who cares, right? Yea, if Bron/Broen colaboration between Sweden and Denmark could have shaken the TV, maybe this another one can too.

Moody Icelandic detective series Trapped (RÚV) returns with more grisly crimes, but is to touch more on contemporary issues that are important to Icelanders. In season two, we are back in the company of police officer Andri Ólafsfson (Ólafur Darri Ólafsson) and his colleagues, as they examine an even more complex and challenging murder case. The crime drama, became the sleeper hit of 2016 and will need to have something special up its sleeve if it’s to keep fans happy.
I'm pretty sure this one was mentioned before in this thread. If someone still didn't watch Trapped, I have no idea what are you waiting for. Stop playing nonsensical mmos and phonegames, find and binge this gem already. Me? Can't wait for the next season.

A New Zealand horror mockumentary that followed three vampire roommates is being remade for TV, as What We Do in the Shadows (FX) relocates from Wellington to New York. Created by Flight of the Conchords’ Jermaine Clement, the US version stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak and Natasia Demetriou.
No. I won't be watching this hollywoodized silly retelling, but for all those who "neverheard" about it, grab the original almost masterpiece movie as it's one of those mustwatch before you die.

Based on the 1990 fantasy novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, Good Omens (Amazon Prime Video) takes place in modern times when the end is nigh and final judgment is set to descend upon humanity. Aziraphale (Michael Sheen), a somewhat fussy angel, and Crowley (David Tennant), a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the apocalypse and join forces to try to prevent it happening.
Neil Gaiman? Terry Pratchett? Michael Sheen? David Tennant? I don't care what's it about, this just cannot fail. Gimme!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom