What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

M. Night Shyamalan's stuff is hit or miss, but I always look forward to seeing what he dreams up next. His next film is called 'Old'.

I think I've mentioned before, but I find Shyamalan one of the most extreme cases of hit and miss - from seeming really quite talented, to producing some of the most ill-conceived trash I've seen. The Happening and After Earth are like Ed Wood films with a better cinematographer. Split I enjoyed, and then Glass I thought was lame and ruined the idea.

Another fine specimen.

Willy's Wonderland

Your job is to prepare for next Dart's brief visit.
You mean he has to keep watch and reply to all of Dart's posts before he has left again? Impossible I say you, impossible. Proof me wrong.

Not all. When he returns the only thread he will visit for sure is this one.

I watched the documentary Framing Britney Spears. Not that I'm the greatest fan, but her story interested me. She's clearly a person with some genuine problems, but it really is a good illustration of the wretchedness of the music industry, and the parasites that attend it.

I know a couple of people in the music business, and (though every profession says it to some degree) I've never seen people more genuinely keen to warn people away from anything to do with the business.

I actually watched a movie the other day. It was called Greenland and was about a family that gets separated as they're trying to enter a doomsday type bunker. I really liked it because it focused mostly on the family and less on the apocalypse. I'm sure most movie buffs have seen it. Decent special effects for the doomsday stuff too.

I actually watched a movie the other day. It was called Greenland and was about a family that gets separated as they're trying to enter a doomsday type bunker. I really liked it because it focused mostly on the family and less on the apocalypse. I'm sure most movie buffs have seen it. Decent special effects for the doomsday stuff too.
I watched that movie last month and thought it was a good time waster but not a good movie. That family caused so many bad things to happen just to save themselves.

Still yeah it was a different take on the usual end of the world genre.

A friend suggested a film to me since she knows I enjoy westerns, so I watched that today, it's called "Bone Tomahawk." It was pretty good, although there's not a whole lot of violence in it, some of it is quite brutal and graphic. I'd say it reminded me of the Searchers, although it didn't have the same time span/frame, there are some similarities, at least in the abduction part.

I watched the documentary Framing Britney Spears. Not that I'm the greatest fan, but her story interested me. She's clearly a person with some genuine problems, but it really is a good illustration of the wretchedness of the music industry, and the parasites that attend it.

I know a couple of people in the music business, and (though every profession says it to some degree) I've never seen people more genuinely keen to warn people away from anything to do with the business.
Director Christopher Darren Cunningham?

an incarnation of pibbur who One More Time was slighty Toxic but hopes you won't Hold It Against him

I actually quite liked this cover.

I tried watching Willy's Wonderland. I fell asleep in the first ten minutes, and then got woken up by screeching clown monsters. So, I'm giving that minus 2 Nicholas Cages out of 5.

I'm really bored of Covidworld.

This looks a bit more promising.

Yeah, I like the look of it - she's messed with the wrong grandma, who's called in Dinklage and the lads! Looks like fun. Doesn't seem to be out here, yet.

So, watched it (I care a lot). I recommend noone else do the same. The first hour and twenty minutes goes by well enough, but then it jumps the shark and you're left feeling deceived by what you had assumed to be the premise of the movie. I'm all for surprises, but this one is more along the lines of poor writing.

Back
Top Bottom