What games are you playing now?

I found Elex fairly challenging for longer than that, but I also played on the harder difficulty. What faction did you choose?

A rifle-Cleric. My character is still fairly fragile, but most fight I end up killing everything before they manage to get close.

A rifle-Cleric. My character is still fairly fragile, but most fight I end up killing everything before they manage to get close.

That's one of the strongest builds in the game if not the best. Some of the guns are pretty powerful, and the Cleric's psi abilities are slightly overpowered compared to what you get with the Berserkers or Outlaws.

That's one of the strongest builds in the game if not the best. Some of the guns are pretty powerful, and the Cleric's psi abilities are slightly overpowered compared to what you get with the Berserkers or Outlaws.

Yes, those laser rifle rafale are deadly and the plasma rifle "bomb" effect feels like cheating with how it stuns enemies. And with the EMP effect of the plasma gun, the mechas / robots are really easy. To be honest, given how powerful the guns are, I don't use the psi effect much anymore. It feels like a waste of time.

Well I finished Tyranny yesterday. It was fun, and I found the ending alright. I immediately started a new game with different start choices and made sure I could join the Rebels. If it is different enough to my Disfavored playthrough I will probably finish it, otherwise I will probably not bother.

Last edited:
starting a playthrough of baldurs gate 1+2 :cool:
I started such a playthrough a few years back, but got stuck in the new expansion by Beamdog. I made the mistake of taking Viconia and forgetting that she leaves if reputation reaches 20. And it did after a difficult fight and I can't survive without her... So it has been waiting on my hard drive (well SSD) for a few years now.

BTW @wiretripped;, how is the late game performance nowadays? It was really bad when I last played it.
Don't know the general answer, but there is one option that might cause problems later on: "Xeno-Compatibility" is an ascension perk that enables alien interbreeding, which creates new sub-species every time it happens, which can become quite a lot and can become problematic in the late game when the AI makes use of it. This perk can be disabled when creating a universe.

While waiting for Stellaris 3.0 I dabbled in Banner Saga, Etherlords 2 and the occasional Borderlands 2 (playing this one Co-Op so it's not always on).

Started a game of BG1 two weeks ago just to remind me what is RTwP done well. Quite a contrast with Tyranny or PoE… I wish they could have done more games with the engine, back then.

I remember reading a few years back how they all really hated working with that engine and so while it might have been good for the gaming world generally, it would have been at the cost of forcing torture upon people :biggrin:

I'm playing some Darkest Dungeon with mods at the moment, but I clearly need a game to play because I'm not having a ton of fun. I'm trying to find some game similar to Might and Magic X Legacy, but not having a lot of luck, I think I've played all that was worth playing and is less than 10 years old. Tried Fall of the Dungeon Guardians too but I couldn't get into it. Was thinking of trying Saviors of Sapphire Wings that was recently released, but the reviews aren't very promising...

I'm playing some Darkest Dungeon with mods at the moment, but I clearly need a game to play because I'm not having a ton of fun. I'm trying to find some game similar to Might and Magic X Legacy, but not having a lot of luck, I think I've played all that was worth playing and is less than 10 years old. Tried Fall of the Dungeon Guardians too but I couldn't get into it. Was thinking of trying Saviors of Sapphire Wings that was recently released, but the reviews aren't very promising…

@Nereida;, have a look at Lords of Xulima. It's a very good game with combat which is similar in a way to MMX, but exploration is very different.

It's a very long game and I never finished it, but I had many hours of fun.

I think @TheRealFluent; played through it and is now an expert.

@Nereida;, have a look at Lords of Xulima. It's a very good game with combat which is similar in a way to MMX, but exploration is very different.

It's a very long game and I never finished it, but I had many hours of fun.

I think @TheRealFluent; played through it and is now an expert.

I remember getting quite far in that game, but never finishing it either!

I remember an arena where you had increasingly harder encounters, and the map exploration in general being also locked out by increasingly harder encounters… I remember having fun with that, so I may revisit it, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm playing some Darkest Dungeon with mods at the moment, but I clearly need a game to play because I'm not having a ton of fun. I'm trying to find some game similar to Might and Magic X Legacy, but not having a lot of luck, I think I've played all that was worth playing and is less than 10 years old. Tried Fall of the Dungeon Guardians too but I couldn't get into it. Was thinking of trying Saviors of Sapphire Wings that was recently released, but the reviews aren't very promising…

There is Bard Tale 4, Opernecia and the Quest as modern games.

If you want a real challenge then you have Wizardry 6 and 7, and there is the acclaimed Wizardry 8. There are JRPG that follow the old (1-5) Wizardry style like Elminage Gothic, Elminage Original, and Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls.

There is also Legends of Amberland, released recently, with old school graphics, that might satisfy your hunger :)

It's -25% currently on Steam : https://store.steampowered.com/app/873890/Legends_of_Amberland_The_Forgotten_Crown/

Lords of Xulima is really good, takes a bit of time to get things rolling but when that happens, it's a blast. I highly recommend it to those that love a good tale with solid combat mechanics, and can withstand old school graphics.

Thanks for all the nice suggestions! I've currently began a new Lords of Xulima playthrough, I had actually forgotten how fun this game is, and don't remember why I stopped playing it, so I'm going to give it a good shot. I also have Wizardry Labirynth of Souls, so that's something I'll give a go if I'm still gameless when I finish LoX. The rest of suggestions either I have already finished them or are a bit too retro for my tastes, but are appreciated nonetheless. :heart:

Thanks for all the nice suggestions! I've currently began a new Lords of Xulima playthrough, I had actually forgotten how fun this game is, and don't remember why I stopped playing it, so I'm going to give it a good shot. I also have Wizardry Labirynth of Souls, so that's something I'll give a go if I'm still gameless when I finish LoX. The rest of suggestions either I have already finished them or are a bit too retro for my tastes, but are appreciated nonetheless. :heart:
I recommend to play Lords of Xulima on one of the lower difficulties first and then try it on highest difficulty. Once you get the feeling for it that is very much fun!

Peek at Legendary Journeys if you like the Might and Magic formula. It's early access but I dumped over 100 hours into it.

I just hit lv37 in AC: Odyssey, and the difficulty spike has been pretty abrupt, and humbling. It's a good thing tho, the game started to feel a bit easy at times.

Up until this point, I've been able to take on any mercenary, oftentimes multiple at the same time, and be hurt, but survive. Satisfying fights that leave me saying aloud "Damn, that was a great fight!"

My credo up until this point has been "Life begins with a nice bounty on my head"

Now, I'm starting to feel seriously challenged by the mercs. If they attack when I'm taking on other enemies, it can become a critical situation. I cant just run around with old equipment several levels behind, i need to stay updated. Blocking isnt so much an option anymore w/ mercs, as just about every attack is unblockable, and they are throwing around status effects like crazy. BAM a couple solid hits and I'm gasping, oh shit I'm on fire!! De-sync'd :/

Part of my problem is that I'm behind the Cultist thing, which means i'm behind on the Leonidas spear upgrade, which means Lv3 of all my key abilities are gated at lv2. I need to start racking up some more cultist kills, and soon. Got at least 5 ability points laying around, waiting to be spent.

So it's a cultist-hunting we are going… that's my focus for the next few play sessions

Back
Top Bottom