What games are you playing now?

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2 DE as a Lone Wolf and may or may not grab a 2nd character. I didn't really like any of the origin characters much, though Fane was the best of the lot. I'll probably grab Lohse as I typically kill Sebille in our first meeting. I play on the absolute easiest level as I can't stand the combat in this game. Physical Armor/Magical Armor is the dumbest idea ever in a crpg, even worse the the constant surface shite. So, easy mode and probably cheat up the game so I can pass combat very fast.

Did you finish your playthrough of D:OS 1?

Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel III - came out this summer for the Switch and just finally got a good sale. A few hours in and thoroughly loving it ... these games really take their time developing the narrative and rolling out the characters. Fun combat system and nice how they make it so you don't really need to remember (or know) much from earlier games because they feed you exposition in a way that isn't too over the top.

Did you finish your playthrough of D:OS 1?

Nope, I've never made it past the first city. I consider the game over once I kill Evelyn. The game is just too long otherwise :) Even Div2, which I love, I basically quit once I win the Battle Tower. I could care less about the dragon parts. Okay, DivDiv I quit before the gray lands or whatever they're called. I've finished the 1st two games once and the rest of the time, I just play to a good stopping point. I'm like this a ton with the party-based games. I do play them, just not till the end. In DOS2 I generally kill off some of the origin characters and travel with Lohse. I ignore the rest. I always kill the assassin chick. Sorry, don't draw a knife on the protagonist, Beyotch. I generally clear Fort Joy and kill the hammer chick and call that the end :) For me, Larian games last too long.

I've also tried Cyberpunk, but it's pretty glitchy for me. Will probably mothball that one a while.

Nope, I've never made it past the first city. I consider the game over once I kill Evelyn. The game is just too long otherwise :)

I know what you mean. I got burned out towards the end of Luculla Forest and stopped playing there. I didn't uninstall the game though and plan on picking up where I left off and trying to finish it.

I'd like to give D:OS2 a try soon, but I can't bring myself to play it before completing the first game.

I think I may be on the final mission of Dishonored 2. Going to the palace for Duke Abele. I liked the previous mission, in the mansion of Aramis. It had potential. But unfortunately I feel it didn't use the oportunity to its fullest. And I think it could've been so much more. I saw frankly surprised when I saw they were going to do that.

The game warned me that doing things in the past would affect the present, but I saw nothing of the sort. That would've been interesting to see. I pretty much chocked a lot of guards in the past and nothing came of it. I explored and robbed the manor, and saw nothing that stood out in the present. Anyone elsee see anything different?

Also, it seems I still have the timekeep device with me afterwards. But can't use it anywhere else? Is it gonna be used again in the future? Anyways, I felt it could've been so much more. I hope I'm wrong.

Nope, I've never made it past the first city. I consider the game over once I kill Evelyn.
[...]
In DOS2 I generally kill off some of the origin characters and travel with Lohse. I ignore the rest. I always kill the assassin chick.
I know what you mean. I got burned out towards the end of Luculla Forest and stopped playing there. I didn't uninstall the game though and plan on picking up where I left off and trying to finish it.

I'd like to give D:OS2 a try soon, but I can't bring myself to play it before completing the first game.
It should be interesting to experience the two back to back, especially the balance in combat with armour and AoE, which I think changed quite a lot.

Yes, those games can be long! I couldn't finish the Luculla Forest part in the 1st. When I went back to it, I didn't have the whole plot in mind anymore, nor the spells I had planned to extend, ... so I gave up.

Don't feel forced to come back on it if that's not for the pleasure of playing the game, D:OS2 will keep you busy enough :) I'm already past 140 hours in it, and still on the Reaper's Coast so it's not about to finish soon. Though it's about the completionist duration, I guess I'm taking my time.

But IMO it's easier to pass a lot of time in Larian's games than some others. It's more recreational or something like that.

I played through DOS1 over the better part of 2 years (we play rather erratically, going in stints) with the better half in co-op, and I can see getting bored past the first map. The story is definitely not its strong suit, and the maps are fairly linear actually. Also wasn't a big fan of the randomized loot. We did enjoy the combat system.

We're currently on DOS2 which is (so far at least, haven't left Fort Joy yet) definitely much better in pretty much every aspect. Except the armor system, I really don't like the armor system. :)

I'm past 248h of play in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, with only one campaign and it's not finished yet.

It's way too long! Playing 8 hours per day would still require more than one entire month to complete. I suppose that the turn-based combat has something to do with it.

It's *almost* finished so I want to get there, but honestly... now I'm often cheating during the combats, simply to go forward with the story. Those combats are strangely balanced, some are too easy, some are near impossible and repetitive. There are days I'm spending a lot of time managing the kingdom because there are no quests until the next battle on Bald Hilltop triggers.

I still love the game, but it's too much for its own sake, they targeted 80 hours of play, I think, estimated it was actually 120 after release. Completionist's reported durations range from 67 hours (which I don't believe) to 374 hours.

I fancied trying another class but it won't be in Kingmaker. Thankfully the next game will be shorter :)

I'm past 248h of play in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, with only one campaign and it's not finished yet.

It's way too long! Playing 8 hours per day would still require more than one entire month to complete. I suppose that the turn-based combat has something to do with it.

It's *almost* finished so I want to get there, but honestly... now I'm often cheating during the combats, simply to go forward with the story. Those combats are strangely balanced, some are too easy, some are near impossible and repetitive. There are days I'm spending a lot of time managing the kingdom because there are no quests until the next battle on Bald Hilltop triggers.

I still love the game, but it's too much for its own sake, they targeted 80 hours of play, I think, estimated it was actually 120 after release. Completionist's reported durations range from 67 hours (which I don't believe) to 374 hours.

I fancied trying another class but it won't be in Kingmaker. Thankfully the next game will be shorter :)
I have up at the house of time whatever it was called.

The game was a lot of fun until that point for me. I think I plaued for about 120 hours but in rtwp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have up at the house of time whatever it was called.

The game was a lot of fun until that point for me. I think I plaued for about 120 hours but in rtwp.

You're right, the House at the Edge of Time, that's where I am now. This is a nasty place ;)

It's best to have enough rations, to be able to rest. What I don't understand is why it's not possible to have a very big barbecue with all those fallen enemies. No need to hunt, really.

Well I never use TB combat and each of my three play-throughs are under 100 hrs. In fact I haven't even updated my GOG version of KingMaker for the TB combat update.:p

I think I may be on the final mission of Dishonored 2. Going to the palace for Duke Abele. I liked the previous mission, in the mansion of Aramis. It had potential. But unfortunately I feel it didn't use the oportunity to its fullest. And I think it could've been so much more. I saw frankly surprised when I saw they were going to do that.

The game warned me that doing things in the past would affect the present, but I saw nothing of the sort. That would've been interesting to see. I pretty much chocked a lot of guards in the past and nothing came of it. I explored and robbed the manor, and saw nothing that stood out in the present. Anyone elsee see anything different?

Also, it seems I still have the timekeep device with me afterwards. But can't use it anywhere else? Is it gonna be used again in the future? Anyways, I felt it could've been so much more. I hope I'm wrong.

Hm, seems I was mistaken.
Apparently you can alter the timeline so that Aramir Stilton doesn’t go mad, and joins you, and Meagan Foster no longer looses her arm&eye. Cool

Anyways, now I’m on the final mission, back to Dunwall. Cool stuff.

You're right, the House at the Edge of Time, that's where I am now. This is a nasty place ;)

It's best to have enough rations, to be able to rest. What I don't understand is why it's not possible to have a very big barbecue with all those fallen enemies. No need to hunt, really.
It's not the resting that annoyed me but all the transitions. Going back and forth through the same places got really annoying to me.

It's *almost* finished so I want to get there, but honestly… now I'm often cheating during the combats, simply to go forward with the story. Those combats are strangely balanced, some are too easy, some are near impossible and repetitive. There are days I'm spending a lot of time managing the kingdom because there are no quests until the next battle on Bald Hilltop triggers.

How much of that time was because of kingdom management? Do you think setting it to Auto would make a significant difference in the amount of time a playthrough takes? I'm still debating whether or not I want to deal with the kingdom management when I finally get around to doing a full run of Kingmaker.

I wouldn't fully recommend auto as you can mess up quests. I'm not kidding it's stated in almost every Walk-through to not use it. I'd use easiest management instead.

Hm, seems I was mistaken.
Apparently you can alter the timeline so that Aramir Stilton doesn’t go mad, and joins you, and Meagan Foster no longer looses her arm&eye. Cool

Anyways, now I’m on the final mission, back to Dunwall. Cool stuff.

Yes I was very impressed by this complete change of the future. I did that without knowing that it would have such big impact.
I Knocked out Stilton in the garden in the past, so he didn't get near the ritual and so stayed sane. I had hoped to achieve that but didn't expect that his would change the complete world.

Yes I was very impressed by this complete change of the future. I did that without knowing that it would have such big impact.
I Knocked out Stilton in the garden in the past, so he didn't get near the ritual and so stayed sane. I had hoped to achieve that but didn't expect that his would change the complete world.

I’m gonna try that on my next playthrough. In this one I didn’t even imagine that. I wonder what else can be impacted, or if that’s the main one.

Though, ideally you shouldn’t try to affect anything in the past as it could lead to a paradox involving you. But that wouldn’t be as fun :D

How much of that time was because of kingdom management? Do you think setting it to Auto would make a significant difference in the amount of time a playthrough takes? I'm still debating whether or not I want to deal with the kingdom management when I finally get around to doing a full run of Kingmaker.
Yeah just go for easy id say.

It's not that much, but it's very noticeable in the last chapters because there isn't much else to do.

I think the game is waiting for a while before starting each new chapter so the player has enough time to rank up the kingdom stats, by completing kingdom projects, building the villages/towns/cities and other tasks to increase the stats. And all that is mostly kingdom management. In the first half of the campaign, it's diluted in other "real" sidequests or companion quests, but later there aren't many left, you can still explore a bit and clear the last remaining areas, that's all.

I would not use auto management either. In KM, there are projects and events, the events must be started before a deadline, or you fail them and risk to lose a lot of stats as consequence, maybe even fail the game if your stats get too low. Some events are more critical and it's not always possible to succeed or even start them all, so you must prioritize, I'm not sure the auto mode does that very well. Some of those events are related to the main story, important quests or they develop useful buffs for the final combats, so indeed it could mess up the game.

I think the TB combat takes more time in comparison, but you can change between that and RTwP dynamically, even during combat.

So I'd just recommend 1) not to stick to TB, and 2) to disable the option that ends the game if your kingdom stats fail, or to install Bag of tricks, which allows to "fix" the stats should something very bad happen (yes, that's cheating). This mod has other non-cheating features that are nice to have anyway :)

And yes, there's a difficulty level for the KM, I've never tried to change it, maybe Easy of Effortless is the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom