We need buttons.

When an idea, an opinion etc are already expressed, it is pointless to replicate it.

Either adding to it or substracting to it. Cloning it brings nothing to the table.

Posts don’t need to “bring something to the table”. Many people post to express their thoughts, feelings or ideas if they echo another’s, no harm in that.

Anyway, i brought up the idea of a dislike button quite a while ago and it was shot down in similar fashion. I’m not sure why a dislike or additional buttons are seen as discouraging discussion and a like button doesn’t.

A few years back we had both like and dislike buttons.

We don't need more as this is not Facebook.:cool:

We did? A few years ago? Why don’t i remember?
Yep I believe it was back in 2014-15 the system went through a few changes till it was just a thumb up button nowadays. A poll was done asking for opinions.

Posts don’t need to “bring something to the table”. Many people post to express their thoughts, feelings or ideas if they echo another’s, no harm in that.

Two centuries of institutionalized double standard and running…

Posts do not need to bring something to the table except those that express their thoughts, feelings or ideas to echo thoughts, ideas or feelings that were already expressed. Brilliant.

Echoing another is being redundant. And possibly a sign that the thread was not read.

It is not a petition, it is not a collection of grievances. No need for repeating.

Once a point is made, it is made.

I'm in favour of being able to give something a nod of appreciation rather than me cluttering a discussion with a few words post just to show that appreciation or agreement.

But that's already there.
Fluent is talking about having additional buttons for things like "Funny".

Two centuries of institutionalized double standard and running…

Posts do not need to bring something to the table except those that express their thoughts, feelings or ideas to echo thoughts, ideas or feelings that were already expressed. Brilliant.

Echoing another is being redundant. And possibly a sign that the thread was not read.

It is not a petition, it is not a collection of grievances. No need for repeating.

I didn’t say it wasn’t redundant, i said theres no harm in it.

If one person posts it i know how they feel it doesn’t tell me how anyone else feels.

Anyway without redundancy there would be almost no posts here at all. Most everything discussed on these boards (or any boards for that matter) is rehashed.

So at the risk of being redundant, i see no harm in redundancy.

But that's already there.
Fluent is talking about having additional buttons for things like "Funny".

Funny, Interesting, Makes You Think, WTF Am I Reading?!, Disagree, Agree, etc. etc.. Just something to liven things up here. All you old curmudgeons need some energy here. It would make it more fun, which I know most of us are averse to here, but it is a reason why I'm on the Codex more than here anymore. It's just more FUN with buttons.

Echoing another is being redundant.
And? Not as ‘bad’ as echoing oneself, which, after all, is being annoyingly redundant. ‘The servant of his master, the US people’ comes to mind.

And possibly a sign that the thread was not read.
Than echoing oneself is possibly a sign one thinks one is not being read, or perhaps that one did not read oneself?

No need for repeating.

You could have fooled me.

Funny, Interesting, Makes You Think, WTF Am I Reading?!, Disagree, Agree, etc. etc.. Just something to liven things up here. All you old curmudgeons need some energy here. It would make it more fun, which I know most of us are averse to here, but it is a reason why I'm on the Codex more than here anymore. It's just more FUN with buttons.

Yup. Good for younger folks. Or the very old?
For the chaotic environment reminds me of grandma’s living room, you know the baroque crowded one with all the curtains and small rugs and endless photos and tiny figurines on side tables. Compare that with this modern minimalistic living room.
Less dusty, more clean air.

Last edited:
You mean like this?
41n0S5fHOLL._SY355_.jpg

These are nice buttons as well.
images

Colors can show your emotion I've read somewhere. Then again nothing beats a rainbow or a unicorn button.
images

Buttons can be sooo cool… and tags…. and achievements. We can have contests about who can collect the most achievements. I see a colorful future ahead of us.

I still have an "I like Ike" button that totally fascinated me when I was younger. If it's a real, tangible button, as in one that fastens clothing, those I'm all in favour of. The world might be an uglier place without them!

Buttons can be sooo cool… and tags…. and achievements. We can have contests about who can collect the most achievements. I see a colorful future ahead of us.

No way, a fun, colorful future here would be something we definitely DON'T want. That would just be crazy!

I guess I'll stick to the Codex to play with buttons. I like buttons, they're fun.

Have fun clicking them :)
As they have so many buttons, don’t they have an RPGWatch button by now? A button you can use when the poster should be WatchWizzed, or whatever they call it.

Back
Top Bottom