Divinity: Original Sin II - Patch 3 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Divinity: Original Sin 2 has just received a rather large patch. Patch notes may contain spoilers.

Patch 3 is live! And it's a huge one!

Like said it´s big. But big is good because this update should address the most important issues you've been flagging. In addition to the obligatory bug fixes and balancing changes, this patch contains a number of content changes that should make your journal clearer and your journey through Arx smoother.

Check it out and remember to leave more feedback for us in the forums!

The Larian Team

[...]
More information.

Gonna restart, this time with only 2 lone wolfs. WHat a great game !

Big, big patch. Huge list of changes. Still downloading.

Some of the more noticeable changes I saw:
  • Tweaked frequency of certain automated dialogs
  • Removed camera shake from poison damage over time
  • Made the surfaces created by intersection temporary, but long-lived, instead of infinite
  • Reduced survivability and base damage of Bone Widow
  • Reduced Chicken form running distance to 6 meters
  • In the rune screen, you can now see all runes in all your party members’ inventories
  • Fixed jump skill issue that allowed players to end up in unintended locations

New patch makes combat initialization weird. Only the character in sight will start combat, the party members one step behind won't be in combat. Kind of opens up the door for more cheese tactics, being able to teleport in with your fighters and still retain full action points.

Lots of battles are easily hacked/cheesed, once you have a few pieces of decent armour. I love all the prior divinities, but this one I would never replay.

New patch makes combat initialization weird. Only the character in sight will start combat, the party members one step behind won't be in combat. Kind of opens up the door for more cheese tactics, being able to teleport in with your fighters and still retain full action points.

That has happened to me a whole bunch of times before the patch too, it's very weird. I just try not to take advantage of anything too cheesy, although the teleport thing is probably not too big a deal.

Happened before the patch, entering combat is pretty much enemy's light of sight based.

How much did they downgrade Bone Widow? My spellcaster will be sad.

Do these changes take effect without having to start a new game?

Bone widow is maybe a 20% nerf to damage if I had to hazard a guess. Still a powerful summon, especially supercharged.

Looks like they nerfed some (all?) items with more than one rune slot. I lost a high level rune w/frame Lol, they didn't remove it from the item, they merely hid the second slot. I have a Mordus' amulet with a hidden 9% crit and 2 intelligence.

@Drithius; - do you mean they simply deleted a rune slot!? That's not cool, specially if they don't return the run to your inventory. I also notriced some crafting menu errors, where it would claim that I had none (or some) of certain components when I did/didn't. Wonder if that was addressed. Glad they reduced chicken run distance ;-) It's infuriating when the target of your polymorph dashes half-way across the map.

@Drithius; - do you mean they simply deleted a rune slot!? That's not cool, specially if they don't return the run to your inventory. I also notriced some crafting menu errors, where it would claim that I had none (or some) of certain components when I did/didn't. Wonder if that was addressed. Glad they reduced chicken run distance ;-) It's infuriating when the target of your polymorph dashes half-way across the map.

Er, chicken claw was an op skill when combine with rupture tendons, enemeis just run to their death. That's why they reduced that distance.

Er, chicken claw was an op skill when combine with rupture tendons, enemeis just run to their death. That's why they reduced that distance.

I just want the chicken at hand so I can continue beating on it - it could really motor and would end up quite far away given half a chance. Rupture tendons is a really good skill, but most AI characters seem smart enough not to run too far when its on them (at least in my experience - maybe I've just been unlucky).

Damn. I'm on the road for work. First night I don't have to do paperwork, and I have slow hotel Internet that is taking 5 hours for the patch. Steam won't let me play offline until the update is done. Steam's new policy of not allowing you to opt out of updates has really been pissing me off lately.

Indeed, yet another reason why great old games is far superior to steam. We just need great old games to buy out steam, unbijunk, origin, and then we'll be set for pure game ownage.

They messed up the tooltip when hovering items in inventory. It now flickers, super annoying. Don't update until hot fix. (Hope they'll put one out soon)

I'm ok with the Chicken/Tendon nerf. It honestly was too OP.
The rune slots I'm less happy about only because I enjoyed figuring out decent combinations. Saying that I haven't downloaded it again since I lost my OS HDD. Will be a while till I finish the game.

Umm, are we certain about the rune slots? I have several pieces with double slots, some I'm pretty sure I got after the patch? I read through the patch notes and didn't see anything about it either, but it was a long list so of course I might've missed it.

Umm, are we certain about the rune slots? I have several pieces with double slots, some I'm pretty sure I got after the patch? I read through the patch notes and didn't see anything about it either, but it was a long list so of course I might've missed it.

Doing a search on the word rune:

In the rune screen, you can now see all runes in all your party members’
inventories

That was all I found. Searching on slot also didn't bring up anything. Maybe they didn't list that change. Haven't had a chance to check myself.

Doing a search on the word rune:

In the rune screen, you can now see all runes in all your party members’
inventories

That was all I found. Searching on slot also didn't bring up anything. Maybe they didn't list that change. Haven't had a chance to check myself.

Seems I wasn't mistaken then. Wouldn't that change be way to major to NOT list? But it sounds like others have seen first hand that the weapons have indeed lost rune slots? I've only read about it on these forums, but on several occasions. Where's the info coming from?

Back
Top Bottom