Fallout: NV - Chris Avellone on Cut Content & Development

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
TriangleCity asked Chris Avellone about Fallout New Vegas's developement and cut content.

Episode 8 of F:NV - The Cutting Floor, an in-depth investigation into Fallout: New Vegas's development and cut content. Very special to Chris Avellone for making this episode possible and thanks to J.R. Vosvic for making it all happen.

Episode 9 of F:NV The Cutting Room Floor, a series where we examine the cut content and development of Fallout: New Vegas. Very Special thanks to Chris Avellone for making this episode possible.
More information.

Why does everybody keep interviewing this guy about the same topics?o_O

It's like a broken record at this point.

Anyway I have no cut content as a few fan mods add it back to the game.

Last edited:
Well, not the cut Legion content that was never really developed in the first place due to time constraints ;)
Once again a few mods actuality flesh out the Legion.

Modders fix every Bethesda game just like Skyrim with the Civil War content.

Anyway anybody wants the links I'll post them.
We need a remastered version of this with all the cut bits stuck back in. Including the undeveloped bits. That's be awesome.
Agree even if it's just the mods added to the game like KOTOR II on Steam.

Update: Just a quick thought. Everyone of Avellone's games has cut content.:smug:

Last edited:
Is the cut content really any good though or is it mediocre like the stuff in KotOR II? Content is usually cut for a reason.

Modders fix every Bethesda game just like Skyrim with the Civil War content.

Anyway anybody wants the links I'll post them.
Agree even if it's just the mods added to the game like KOTOR II on Steam.

Update: Just a quick thought. Everyone of Avellone's games has cut content.:smug:

Hey Couch, i would be interested in any mods that back the cut content. Thanks.

Right, but there's little to no restored "cut content" for the Legion because Obisidan recognized they would NEVER have enough time to work on it and didn't get further than its design stages.

…all this talk of FNV really makes me want to load up a ToTW install and play again.

News flash - every game has cut content. :)
Yes but his games have most of his content cut smart-ass.:cool:
Right, but there's little to no restored "cut content" for the Legion because Obisidan recognized they would NEVER have enough time to work on it and didn't get further than its design stages.

…all this talk of FNV really makes me want to load up a ToTW install and play again.
Can't argue with that, and seems Fluent loves your reply's.:biggrin:

Well the thing with cut content is, it's usually cut because they couldn't pour the time into it needed, so mods restoring any of it will usually either be A) just the basic stuff that was left in the code that will be meager at best, or B) some modder's interpretation and "filling in the blanks" of what the devs were going for. So unfortunately we will never see what the "real" content there was, and that's the sad part about it. I recently played NV and had a blast with it, but I agree that the Legion did not come across as any sort of faction I'd want to even get close to, let alone join.

Am I the only one who sees some indescribable factor in Avellone's PR headshot, as seen in the screenshot for that first YouTube video, that just makes you want to punch him in the face?

Back
Top Bottom