Vambrace: Cold Soul - Announce Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Bluesnews reports that Vambrace: Cold Soul has been announced. The game is described as a Roguelike fantasy/adventure and is due April 25th.

Vambrace: Cold Soul is a roguelike fantasy-adventure set amidst a frozen landscape. Plan your expeditions underground, then journey to the cursed city surface with your team of heroes. Wield unique powers, avoid dangerous traps, brave strange encounters, and survive deadly combat!
More information.

I'm sensing another Darkest Dungeon influence here. Thanks for sharing this.:thumbsup:

Sigh, another interesting looking game with permadeath and likely no manual saving. I'm clearly getting too old and am not cool enough for all these hardcore, brutal games.

Oh well, there's lots of other stuff to play...

No manual saving system is a huge warning sign for me, so likely I'll just avoid this one. I don't mind a game being difficult, rather, I actually prefer that, but if I cannot stop and save when I wish, well, I'll likely keep my money.

No manual saving system is a huge warning sign for me, so likely I'll just avoid this one. I don't mind a game being difficult, rather, I actually prefer that, but if I cannot stop and save when I wish, well, I'll likely keep my money.

Yeah, I guess it's not the difficulty that's an issue per se, it's the things around not being able to stop when I want or try something out and reload. But beyond that, I often find that in many games with permadeath and no manual saving, there's something fundamental in the design that feels punishing to me... or kind of unfair. Obviously a lot of people enjoy that but not me... I think that's something different than a game just being challenging.

I might try to do things a different way, but honestly, when I feel like stopping a game to do something else, I don't wish to lose progress or have to wait twenty or thirty minutes more until I get to the next save spot. When I'm ready to stop playing it should be an easy and seamless transition, taking me mere moments to save and quit. Something other than that is quite likely to irk me.

Back
Top Bottom