Bethesda E3 - Fallout Addons/Skyrim Remastered

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Consider the rumours confirmed as Bethesda Game Studios Director Todd Howard confirmed that Skyrim will be remastered for pcs and next-gen consoles. For pcs it is a free upgrade if you own all dlc. Additionally Fallout 4 addons were announced as well as a big update for Fallout Shelter.

Watch as Bethesda Game Studios' Game Director Todd Howard shares the latest content for Fallout 4 and Fallout Shelter, PLUS the official announcement of Skyrim Special Edition.

At the BE3 Showcase, Bethesda Game Studios revealed three more add-ons, with the first Contraptions Workshop available on June 14th. Get the full scoop on Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop and their final add-on, Nuka-World.

Also from the Wasteland, Bethesda Game Studios is working on big changes for Fallout Shelter. Update 1.6 will introduce Quests to Fallout Shelter, with an all-new combat system, new characters, enemies, and locations to explore. Plus, the surprise announcement that Fallout Shelter is coming to PC. Both Quests and Fallout Shelter for PC will arrive in July.

Finally, one of the most beloved games of the last generation (and all-time), Skyrim Special Edition, brings the epic fantasy to life in stunning, remastered detail , with all the official add-ons included. Skyrim Special Edition will release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 28th 2016 , and will support full PC Mods on console.
More information.

Shelter coming to PC? Is this a joke?
It's already playable on PC with android emulator.

Why is Skyrim getting a remaster?
Morrowind should get it instead!

And why is the release date a week after Battlefield 1 and Civilization 6, the same day as Titanfall 2?

Nice news. More hours to spend hunting for monsters and exploring fascinating locations.

I will definitely get it for the PlayStation 4. Pity it won't be 4K but I found hiking in SKyrim on the big screen to be very relaxing. In fact thats what I was doing over the weekend with laptop connect to the big screen!

Can't wait for more PC mods to get pirated as it happens for Fallout 4 on consoles.:smartass:

Pivotal moment.

Quite often, Bethesda are depicted as an immutable company, a company that cant change its products.

A few years ago, after Skyrim release, a Bethesda executive praised the SP model used in Skyrim as the way to go. Players wanted an exclusive SP experience in an open world.

Yesterday showed all the transformation Bethesda went through. They heard the desire from players who long for making money off playing video products.

Bethesda is likely to be the only company in the world working the complete package.

Desire a product to make money off streaming? Bethesda has an offer for you.
Desire a product to make money off playing on a competitive scene? Bethesda has an offer for you.
Desire a product to make money off modding? Bethesda has an offer for you.

During that show, they introduced not one but two products for E Sports. That kind of offer was the only one missing from their catalogue.

As announced on this site years ago, the demand by players who desire to make money off playing video products drive the offer.
Studios want to satisfy their demand in priority if not only.

A couple of years was only all it took for Bethesda to take the turn.

Things coming together.

Does anyone know if remastering this will have an impact on (the visual quality of) Enderal?

I would think it'll be ported to 64bit and DX11, which in itself would be well worthwhile for the modding scene.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see this is more than a console port.

Does anyone know if remastering this will have an impact on (the visual quality of) Enderal?

I don't think so. Most likely Enderal is an independent product based on the one or another older version of engine.

And why is the release date a week after Battlefield 1 and Civilization 6, the same day as Titanfall 2?

It wouldn't make a lot of sense for a Morrowind remaster, especially when there's a Morrowind conversion coming out in the Skyrim engine. Plus it also doesn't make sense that they'd just abandon their best selling game by giving it the shortest lifecycle at the end of a console's life.

Also, it's a free upgrade if you have all DLC! That's pretty big. A lot of people were expecting this to be a money grab and for it not to happen.

Probably this remaster means new Skyrim would run at 10 FPS on my almost same hardware on which original Skyrim ran at 50 FPS.

A good point!

Does this remaster run 60FPS on playstations, xboxes, nintendos and iphones?
:evilgrin:

One game to rule them all....and in the darkness bind them :D

Probably this remaster means new Skyrim would run at 10 FPS on my almost same hardware on which original Skyrim ran at 50 FPS.

I think I'll have the same issue here, except my modded Skyrim already doesn't run at 50 fps; it runs roughly at 30-35 fps.

Also: will Bethesda incorporate essential mods into this new version, like (among others) SkyUI and all Unnofficial Patches? If Bethesda don't, then we'll have to wait for these mods to be rewritten for the Remaster edition, i.e. if the modders are willing to.

I think I'll have the same issue here, except my modded Skyrim already doesn't run at 50 fps; it runs roughly at 30-35 fps.

Also: will Bethesda incorporate essential mods into this new version, like (among others) SkyUI and all Unnofficial Patches? If Bethesda don't, then we'll have to wait for these mods to be rewritten for the Remaster edition, i.e. if the modders are willing to.

I don't think this will break mods like SkUI etc. This just looks like visual changes.

I expect it to break some mods, and not others. Straightforward content mods should be OK, but I would expect mods like SkyUI and SKSE (which tons of mods depend upon) will break if they've upgraded the engine to 64bit and DX11.

Fallout Shelter - because enough PC players asked for it, as simple as that. Remember that a large percentage of PC gamers still don't play with mods. You can guess how many shy away from emulation.

Remaster - to get their bestselling game on the new consoles and with support of mods included. That's huge from a business standpoint.
… and yes, I'd prefer a Morrowind remaster too.

Release date - because Bethesda doesn't fear other big titles. Skyrim released on the same day as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

I don't think this will break mods like SkUI etc. This just looks like visual changes.
I think most mods need at least a bit of tweaking to work with the remaster, since it's a 64bit version only. But that remains to be seen.

I don't think so. Most likely Enderal is an independent product based on the one or another older version of engine.
So Enderal doesn't use any of the default models, textures or whatever?

So Enderal doesn't use any of the default models, textures or whatever?

Enderal uses around 40 % of the old textures - it also needs Skyrim, but as Skyrim HD is a seperate game from classic Skyrim it is no problem at all.

As for porting Enderal to Skyrim HD, I would not bet on it. Even if it would be possible (which is not given taking into account how Enderal uses its own skyrim.esm) the work required to let it run smoothly is in no relation to the gains.

I really doubt much of consequence will be changed for Skyrim; it will most likely just repackage the HD texture pack while updating the frontend for Bethesda.net architecture. ZZzzz.

Back
Top Bottom