What games are you playing now?

Failed to finish Blood Omen, as I just ran out of Hearts of Darkness. And really didn't feel like going back to a very old save, and try and conserve more hearts. I guess I'm just not up to the kind of challenge. Anyways, I went over a story overview to get a refresher.

And then started with Soul Reaver. Very cool, and I remember why I love the Soul Reaver parts better than the Blood Omens. Way more puzzles and way more of a thinking man's game. But one thing is just bad in these games. Keyboard and gamepad support.

Gamepad support is just broken. So what I'm doing is running a controller to keyboard adapter. But that still means I'm basically controlling the character without having 6 direction support. And platforming puzzles are beyond annoying because of this. I keep falling off ledges. I can't wait to get to a certain platforming puzzle in Defiance. Oh, how I remember loosing it when I played that originally. I dread that.

None atm. Just beat Andromeda. Plan on playing the first Splinter Cell again, but getting ready to do some camping at the deer lease, so holding off for now.

XCOM2.
I'm dying a lot.
Good stuff.

I'm having to play games in short, sporadic bursts at the minute, and XCOM2's slow pace and TB gameplay is perfect for it. Game is fun so far. I didn't play the first one so wasn't sure what to expect. Some of the timed missions are a bit annoying, but a turn limit does add to the tension and ramp up the difficulty I guess. It's a big thumbs up so far.

giphy.gif

....eh, Joxer? Don't get it...

He doesn't like MMOs and luvs ME! Yeah, I will come back to ME:A, but since no one responded to my early impressions, I thought no one cared. :)

Last edited:
There's joxer with a brain - that's when it's not about his principles. Then there's joxer with principles instead of a brain.

You never quite know which you're gonna get ;)

You can try Battlegrounds with 4 on 4 matches, if that's more your style. Or lone wolf ganking in Imperial City. You still get the double AP bonus in both places. I like the large scale PvP battles, so chaotic :), so I run with a mostly full guild raid.

You can try Battlegrounds with 4 on 4 matches, if that's more your style. Or lone wolf ganking in Imperial City. You still get the double AP bonus in both places. I like the large scale PvP battles, so chaotic :), so I run with a mostly full guild raid.

I find it too chaotic and incredibly laggy. Also, too much running back and forth like lemmings ;)

I'm definitely more the lone wolf type - but I suck at PvP for the moment.

The lag can be terrible, but it was much worse in the past, which caused me to stop playing PvP for many months (until this latest event). And now it's not as bad as it used to be happily. :)

I like the chaos. You never know what will happen when you get a hundred or more people out to get each other, so there can be some extremely entertaining and creative scenarios. :)

The lag can be terrible, but it was much worse in the past, which caused me to stop playing PvP for many months (until this latest event). And now it's not as bad as it used to be happily. :)

I like the chaos. You never know what will happen when you get a hundred or more people out to get each other, so there can be some extremely entertaining and creative scenarios. :)

Yeah, I'll probably have to deal with it :)

Also I run with a very well organized and well led guild, that moves as a unit and has assigned roles, so that within our own team there is little chaos. But crazy stuff still happens, which is what makes it fun, rather than being too predictable.

None atm. Just beat Andromeda. Plan on playing the first Splinter Cell again, but getting ready to do some camping at the deer lease, so holding off for now.

When you do have a look at http://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#sc There are widescreen patches for the Splinter Cell games and better textures for some of them.

I replayed through them some time ago, up to Chaos Theory and it was great fun.

I'm playing the first Avadon. Second attempt.

The first time I gave up early on as it seemed to be really boring compared to, for example, Avernum. It gets a lot better later on, but I have some serious reservations about some things. E.g. the inverted skill trees that result in you having something in almost everything to level up the higher skills, which results in samey character builds. Etc.

I'm slowly getting bored of 7 Days 2 Die, after over 300 hours so I may pick up Empyrion, Project Zomboid, or try State of Decay. I bought it fairly recently.

I'm slowly getting bored of 7 Days 2 Die, after over 300 hours so I may pick up Empyrion, Project Zomboid, or try State of Decay. I bought it fairly recently.

If you still have zombie fever, you really need to try Dying Light. It's hands down the best infection-themed game out there.

Back
Top Bottom