Outcast: Second Contact - Gameplay Video

This is starting to look really good.
Can't agree. Gestures feel odd and objects float an inch above the surface.
Probably due to limits of console version(s).

Since I want this game because of the story I won't object much. Unless they screw up the postend dance. ;)

This is 1:1 the original game (including sound, level design, puzzles, animations) just with "better" graphics. I really don't see any reason to get this?

Yep, this looks nice and it isn't too cartoon-y :)

@Hindu-has it ever been on pc before? That's why I'm interested.

Last edited:
This is 1:1 the original game (including sound, level design, puzzles, animations) just with "better" graphics. I really don't see any reason to get this?

It's not just better graphics. The animations and controls are also vastly improved, and the game looks and moves a lot smoother. The original is clunky as hell by today's standards.

To be honest I didn't see any improved animations in that video. I also find the new Talans look pretty bad, even compared to the original. (Personal taste I guess.)
I sure hope the controls are improved, it would be horrible if they didn't improve them.
@crpgnut;: What do you mean? I only ever played it on PC.

You're claiming you can't see the difference between the original and this game? I think the animations are significantly different. The player-character for example moves a lot smoother and no longer runs like he has a pipe stuck up his ass.

its about animations that matter FOR US, not animations in general )
again, something subjective

Back
Top Bottom