P.A.M.E.L.A. - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
P.A.M.E.L.A. has been released on Steam.

P.A.M.E.L.A. is an intense open-world survival horror game set in Eden, a fallen Utopian city.

Play as a Sleeper, awoken from cryosleep in Eden, a fallen utopia wrought with death and danger. Utilize a wide range of hi-tech weapons, equipment, and build-able items that can be upgraded to suit your needs. Meet PAMELA, an omnipresent AI overseer who is left alone watching over the once-vibrant city, now reduced to a silent monolith gliding across the ocean.

Key Features

• Friends and Foes
Survive against multiple NPC factions, including the Afflicted citizens, security droids, robotic custodians, and more mysterious denizens hidden within Eden's depths. Each faction exhibits its own unique behaviors and alliances which can be manipulated to turn the tide of combat.

• Scavenge to Survive
Experience tense gameplay in a richly developed sci-fi universe. Each decision is meaningful, and each encounter could be your last. Wield and customize an array of modular equipment to defend yourself and explore the environment. Utilize an immersive UI and full body awareness, which removes all boundaries between the player and the horrors of Eden.

• Enhance Yourself to Thrive
Manage the power reserves of the city, using energy only when necessary to avoid the dangers of being stranded in the dark. Upgrade your weaponry, and construct a safe haven to defend against the denizens of Eden. Enhancing your body with Bio-Augments will give you an advantage over your enemies, but at what cost?

• Uncover the Truth
Uncover the tragic events that lead to the downfall of a civilization, and fight for your life as the broken citizens of Eden defend their home against your intrusion. With a personality-driven AI system, no encounter will be the same as the Afflicted react in unpredictable ways, driven by their excruciating pain and disfiguring disease.
More information.

I remember when this game was first announced to be an RPG. Then a few months later developmental problems began, and the shift to different genres was announced.

i have no idea what to think of this one. system shock? mixed reviews aint good usually...

I'm still looking forward to the sequels, D.O.R.I.S. and B.E.T.T.Y.

Saw more than a couple Steam reviews mentioning bad performance and memory leaks.

I tried it for a few hours and didn't have any performance issues. I found it kind of "meh" though. The atmosphere is certainly there, but I found the combat clunky and the enemies uninspired.

It's sort of like a cross between System Shock and Dead Space but doesn't achieve the heights of either. I don't like that items in the game world are rearranged every time you die, and there's no manual save system.

Dorris is already there in DDO :p

But ... what about U.N.C.L.E ?

If we're going by official lore then the first game would have been A.N.G.E.L.A. and then the second game should have been P.A.M.E.L.A. to which the follow ups would be S.A.N.D.R.A. and then R.I.T.A. with the aim of each iteration being to get sweeter.

There are some user reviews on Steam reporting performance degradation over time as well as a kind of enemy AI bug that makes slow to react, slow to strike at us. I know user reviews should be taken with a grain of salt, but this one in particular seemed it was written by a levelheaded person with 100+ hours in-game.

And this game's current state really saddens me :( I was expecting something really good from this blend of SS2 and Bioshock. At least the game issues seem to be fixable, should the devs take their time to do that.

Last edited:
Is this the long awaited sequel to D.A.R.Y.L.?

No one is waiting for a sequel to that movie, so I imagine Hollywood will give us one soon.

Back
Top Bottom