VtM: Bloodlines 2 - 'Come Dance' Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2.

Enter the World of Darkness and rise through vampire society. Experience Seattle - a city full of alluring, dangerous, characters and factions. You are dead now but stronger, quicker, more alluring and with potential for so much more. Choose to be brutal and unflinching or cultured and seductive. Use charm, cunning, terror and sheer will to rise through vampire society. What monster will you be?

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is coming to Xbox Series X and Xbox One
More information.

Wonder if that's a cutscene for an mission? Anyway glad the game hasn't been watered down, and retained the dark setting. I'm looking forward to being evil like in the first game, and not like it was in bloodlines.

I don't think this trailer was about violence. It was about the strangeness and weirdness of being not human, but vampire. They don't think like humans and they don't have the morals of humans.

I was expecting to be disappointed, but I actually thought that trailer was pretty good.

I like the song too. It's a surprisingly slick choice, and I had no idea that was Wayne Newton until I Googled it.

Oddly enough, I get a bit of a Bioshock vibe here. I think it's something about the character animations, or maybe it's just the Unreal Engine in general.

I don't think this trailer was about violence. It was about the strangeness and weirdness of being not human, but vampire. They don't think like humans and they don't have the morals of humans.

its what i am thinking too

I think it is a really good trailer.

However vampires aren't my cup of tea, so the game has to be really good for me to buy it.

I think compared to what actual humans get up to, vampires are rather tame.

That trailer has a great song, a little bit of violence, but not a lot of sex.

Prude! :D

That trailer has a great song, a little bit of violence, but not a lot of sex.

Prude! :D

It's been a long time since I last played "Bloodlines" but...wasn't there somehing weird about sex and vampires from that particular mythos. I could have sworn I have some vague memory of an ingame conversation, suggesting that sex and those kind of vamps didn't work as it should.

Eh...maybe it's my memory getting different vamps mixed up.

Also liked the trailer. They seem to have a feel for the proper tone, which I think is rather important.

Is that guy who gets bitten at the end the same guy you turn into a ghoul in the original game?

Here's to hoping they put in a usable dance floor, so I can embarrass myself with how much time I spend on it like I did with the last one.

*walks off singing quietly to himself* I recall Central Park in fall. How you tore your dress. What a mess. I confess, that's not all...

Yeah, I agree with your assessment of their intent, but I think they fail in their execution.

I watched the trailer again to try to understand why I dislike it and realised that one part is the stiff animation. It makes the "smooth dance moves" look... I don't know, maybe like puppets?

Another part is that I'm not thinking about vampires when I see it, instead I'm thinking about cliché bad guys from British crime comedies like lock stock, or snatch, or more recently the gentlemen. Great movies, but not the vibe I want from vampires.

In a movie trailer they could've captured nuances in a scene like this with the help of tiny facial expressions, which computers can't imitate yet.

The music... Well I just don't like it. Not my taste.

Still, it's just a trailer, and I'm hopeful they'll make a great game. Game trailers are mostly not very representative anyway.

And I'm clearly in the minority here, so the trailer was obviously good. Just not to me :)

Looks pretty good to be honest! I do agree with the animations mentioned previously but i really like the look and atmosphere.

The animation isn't very good, that's true. I like everything else fine, though.
I think that if I had liked the song, I would've overlooked everything else as well. Of course, the devs can't make something that pleases everyone, and this time I happened to be part of the minority which don't like it.

Still looking forward to seeing more of the game!

Apparently Danke Schoen, the english translation of the song written by Bert Kaempfert, was used in "Ferris Buellers Day Off" (1986) is also used in Wolfenstein, and other IPs, usually for the aesthetic effect of dissonance (Wikipedia). I have to say, it does increase my hope for a good sound track to this game. Puppet animations but the theme of puppets was an aspect of the trailer. Probably to do with damn Malkavians. Something to look forwards to I guess.

Last edited:
I guess it's an ok trailer.

Not terribly original and I'm not sure I want to play a game where that's the tone or the standard.

I'm sure it's not - and that it's just a way of conveying how craaaaazy and wild you can get - but I would prefer something a little more subtle.

Yeah, I definitely would.

It's been a long time since I last played "Bloodlines" but…wasn't there somehing weird about sex and vampires from that particular mythos. I could have sworn I have some vague memory of an ingame conversation, suggesting that sex and those kind of vamps didn't work as it should.

Eh…maybe it's my memory getting different vamps mixed up.

In the original VtM pen and paper rpg, Vampires could physically have sex, but rarely took pleasure from it. Rather feeding was erotic. Vampires who had an intimate relationship would share blood with each other through a mutual embrace. I don't recally this being used in any of the computer games, though.

Back
Top Bottom