Opinions on Gears of War.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Anyone familiar with Gears of War? I see the PC port was just released last week and I was thinking of getting it. I've heard a lot of good things about the game and the PC version is supposed to be even better than the Xbox version. It has 5 extra levels in the single-player campaign, as well as the ability to play in higher resolution than the original.

*edit* Online reviews are very high. Gamespot gives it a 9.0 while IGN says 8.7 and pcgamezone says 9.3.

Last edited:
Well, my boyfriend enjoyed this game on 360. I don't know how things look like with pc version but it seems good entertain from what I hear.

I have it but haven't started playing yet ... I have heard that it is very buggy, which makes seeing those scores surprising (I try to avoid too much info on stuff I have to review). I'll play it in the next week ... along with every other shooter out now ...

I... I have heard that it is very buggy, which makes seeing those scores surprising

Well, it seems that for some companies critics don't score so strict (less optmisitic version) or the pleasure from the game is greater than bugs which can be fixed (more optimistic version) :).

I'm enjoying it atm it does have a few problems though Live being the main one - achievements I like it really helps you want to play through again on harder settings to acquire those. I think your save games are tied to Live as well and some people are having trouble with that (M$ are saying something about supported graphics drivers for this - don't ask me me why that is). I really don't like Live and the saving system but with; single player campaign, co-op campaign, and multi-player it's a fairly decent package.

It has plenty of faults but it's still fun however you play it.

Well, it seems that for some companies critics don't score so strict (less optmisitic version) or the pleasure from the game is greater than bugs which can be fixed (more optimistic version) :).

Or ... very cynical version ... the sites feel the need to avoid questions about their scoring by making sure the PC version is pretty close to the X360 score.

I'll wait till the day after Thanksgiving and see if I can grab it real cheap, last year I got a newly released NWN 2 for only $24.99 at one of those post Thanksgiving day sales.

I'll wait till the day after Thanksgiving and see if I can grab it real cheap, last year I got a newly released NWN 2 for only $24.99 at one of those post Thanksgiving day sales.

Haven't seen specifics yet, but the stores are already pushing deals ... so you might get lucky.

Back
Top Bottom