The Orange Box: A Few Questions

I don't follow. How did you go from having played Thief 1&2 and wanting to play Fallout 3 to wanting to buy the Orange Box? Those titles have just about nothing in common with each other beyond the first person perspective.

1: There's almost nothing to learn. Point on enemy, click on enemy. OK, it's a little more involved in that but Half-Life 2 and TF2 are just plain shooters. Portal is a little more brainy, but the game starts out simple and introduces new obstacles one by one.

2: Yes.

3: Have you played Thief - Deadly Shadows? If not, you should.

Are you saying that you want to test Orange Box because it's an FPS, just because Fallout 3 can be played in FPS?

1. How would you grade the learning curve in a scale from easy to hard?

First person shooters is something you get better at the more you play. There's nothing more to it than practice, practice, practice. If HL2 is too difficult for you, try to lower the difficulty setting.

2. I have a socket 939 dual core 3800+ (2.0 GHz), 2 gigs of RAM, Windows XP PRO, and a 9600GT 512mb/256/bit/GDDR3 video card. Will this be fine?

Yes. More than enough.

3. Anything else you can think of.

If you want an experience that is somewhat similar to F3 open environment, I would have picked a game such as Far Cry, Crysis or S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

But do not forget to play Portal.

I'm quite sure I've seen Portal here stand-alone already. I think the last time I saw it was in an Gamestop or/and EBGames shop.

Back
Top Bottom