Into the Stars- A Single Player Open-world Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Singleplayer game from exDICE people?
Is it even possible?

And not on phones.

I can't find any word on endless respawns... A well, I'm pledging even if it's a grinder, so I can ask.

Well… that actually looks good! I'm considering backing it, though I'd like to see some more gameplay first.
Also, not sure what to think of that mining "mini-game"… Looks kind of out of place there.

EDIT: They're off to good start, too. Almost halfway and barely 2 days in. :)

The game had two more updates today So here they are for your convenience.:)

Oh what a day…

Day One is almost in the books and we could not be more thankful for this tremendous show of support. What you all have demonstrated is a clear demand for quality, fun experiences and with your help that's exactly what we'll deliver!

We've received some excellent questions in the last few hours and have updated the FAQ with the most common inquiries. Also, the $15 Early Bird tier is closing fast, so grab those while you can!

Though you accomplished a great deal today, the Kickstarter journey for us all has just begun. So we ask that you continue to share this project with your friends and colleagues, send us questions and post your feedback. With all of that and your support we're certain to knock this raise out of the park and move on to some exciting stretch goals!
Half Way Home
The Ark-13 appears to be the Little Star Ship That Could as you've propelled the Kickstarter raise for Into the Stars more than half way past our initial goal. We're absolutely humbled and so thankful that the game we're making has captured the attention of so many generous backers. You all inspire us and with your continued support and feedback we'll take this thing to great heights!

This is the second update in 24 hours, but we want to ensure you that practice won't be routine as we don't intend to spam your Inbox. That said, we've got some information we'd like to share before we get back to work.
Looks like the game will be funded in the first week.:celebrate:

Here is the third update this week, and no it wasn't funded in the first week. Still the game is very close to getting funded, but I'll let the update speak for itself.

Week One Recap

We're exhausted after an amazing and busy week, but wanted to send out an update in case you missed any of the major Into the Stars news this week. Before that however we just had to take another opportunity to thank you all as we're still amazed with the game's reception.

At this point we're 83% of the way towards our baseline goal and revealing Stretch Goals. You can help us get there by continuing to share our endeavor with the world. Stay tuned for an update on Monday that audiophiles are sure to love and enjoy your weekend!

Last edited:
They are only 12k away from hitting their goal, so I'm certain it will happen. Honestly, I'll be amazed if they don't garner over 100k by the time it is all over.

Once again here are a few more updates for you convenience.

Stretch Goals announced, new trailer, 90% of Kickstarter funding complete.
After only a week we're nearing our initial goal and this is all thanks to you, our generous backers. Meeting the $85k mark will allow us to build the quality game you all deserve, but we'd like to take things further and that's why we're announcing our Stretch Goals today.

Stretch Goal Update

You all have posed some questions and concerns about our stretch goals that we’d like to address.

First and foremost, our focus is on delivering a quality and polished PC title with our $85k goal. The stretch goals will not have a negative impact on, or derail the development of, the experience we plan to deliver there.
We received numerous messages requesting alternate language support in the last week, which is why we prioritized it in our Stretch Goals. Our plan was to support gamers from other territories while still offering realistic gameplay goals for everyone.

We certainly didn’t intend for the stretch goals to upset anyone who felt like they weren’t adding enough, but our primary focus is on meeting our initial raise and delivering a quality experience with those resources.

Backed it. I'm starving for some proper single player space games.

The game is now funded. It took longer then I thought it would though.

Into the Goal!
Well, we did it - Earlier today we crossed the $85k target we set as our goal and we have you to thank. Every share, tweet and mention helped to get us this far and we're truly thankful for your support.

Sharing our dream of Into the Stars and Fugitive Games with the world was a scary prospect, especially with the game in pre-alpha state, but you all have validated that decision with your comments, questions and your wallets. Had we not secured the funds requested in this campaign the game certainly wouldn't be the robust experience you all deserve and we're excited to deliver.

So, what's next? We announced our Stretch Goals at the start of the week and now is the time to start driving towards them. Every single one of them (except PS4) represents something we'd love to ship with the game when it launches, but we need your help for that to be the case.

A little over 17 days remain in the campaign and we have some fun things planned to support the effort. So stay tuned, keep sharing the campaign and let's reach for the stars!

I'm still considering backing (and probably will before the campaign ends, the game looks promising), but... I wish their updates would be more "informative", would share more details about the game. They're not making it easy on me to convince myself to share my hard earned $$$.

Not a big demand for that type of games. Even though there is not many of this kind: space, open world, crew that takes experience...
It looks as it has a story instead of free roaming.
This KS seems to prepare the SEA launch, more than raising funds to make the product.

Considering what KSs are, considering that it misses the free roaming feature, waiting for SEA is an option among others.

Another update was released this time about gameplay.

Gameplay Details
The team has been very focused on the game this week but we wanted to be sure that you, our amazing backers, had the chance to check out some recently emerging gameplay details.

Module Management

We just updated the Development Blog with a new post that dives into the details of Module Management while in flight. Check it out: http://bit.ly/1CHBlSe

Interviews

We've given a number of interviews in the last few weeks, but the ones we did recently with Only Single Player provide a comprehensive look at both Fugitive as a studio and Into the Stars as a game. There are lots of juicy details in here so take a look!

MEET THE TEAM AND LEARN THE STORY BEHIND THE DEVELOPMENT OF, INTO THE STARS

INTO THE STARS – EXPLORE THE FAR REACHES OF SPACE AND DELAY THE EXTINCTION OF HUMANITY

An exciting series of updates awaits you all next week as we make a final push towards Stretch Goals. Stay tuned for more and please continue to spread the word!

A new update was posted today about Sights & Sounds.

Sights & Sounds
We've got some fun audio / visual updates for you all today that we think you'll enjoy: Two new uncut videos of pre-alpha gameplay, the complete podcast we did with Space Game Junkie and our new Wiki!

The game looks beautiful. But my rig will probably not be able to run it well.
Also I didn't like the minigames, leave that out of my space sim.

I backed this as well.

I always wondered why nobody ever made an updated version of the Amiga game 'Starflight.' On first glance 'Into The Stars' looks like it might be pretty similar.

I always wondered why nobody ever made an updated version of the Amiga game 'Starflight.' On first glance 'Into The Stars' looks like it might be pretty similar.

Yeah....that was my game I wanted so bad as a kid...I never played it until it was far out of date. I used to go into the small computer shop and look at the box and wonder....damn I remember that box well.

IncGamers published a new interview wih Fugitive Games.

Link - http://www.incgamers.com/2015/02/into-the-stars-interview-with-fugitive-games
4-man dev outfit Fugitive Games seemingly sprung up out of nowhere at the start of this year with a Kickstarter for a space-themed journey game, and two former project leads from DICE. The crowd funding went pretty well, and the campaign successfully navigated the sceptical and demanding modern Kickstarter environment.

Nevertheless, despite plenty of talk about space, adventures, FTL and Battlestar Galatica, there were still unanswered questions about the game. With the project now just a stone’s throw from being alpha, we decided to have a chat with Development Director Ben Jones and Creative Director Roy Orr and find out what we could about Into the Stars.

Back
Top Bottom