Skyrim - Social NPCs Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@GameRant A new mod called Social NPCs for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (original) has been developed that adds alot of sophistication to the NPCs.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim brought a bit more realism to non-player characters when it first released, giving each NPC a unique personality, daily set schedule, and new features like the ability for the player to marry certain NPCs. However, fans of The Elder Scrolls aren't content to leave the game as-is, and one mod has taken NPCs to the next level.

The Skyrim mod, called Social NPCs, expands vastly upon the standard functionality of NPCs in the game. Through complex programming, NPCs gain likes and dislikes and the ability to interact meaningfully with one another. The player has the ability to interact directly with the enhanced NPCs in The Honningbrew Meadery, as well as a new house that comes with the mod called "Comme il Faut House," which is named for the Comme il-Faut (CiF) AI architecture the mod is partially based upon. The work that went into the mod has been considered such a success that a team of computer science researchers are now publishing a paper based upon the mod and its underlying programming.
[...]
More information.

Ah, one mod that might expand Skyrim in the direction set by devs. Might be worthy of a look.

To this day i'm not sure why Beth didn't add this as a feature in their nostory sandboxes but a modder now did it. Okay, they did add "family" DLC to Skyrim and have bases in FO4, but it's all... Just basic design.

Because IMO Skyrim is first person Sims with combat and there is no way a Skyrim fan won't love Sims 3 with World Adventures expansion.
Maybe most people think it is scary though.
Eh? What could possibly make it scary?

To this day i'm not sure why Beth didn't add this as a feature in their nostory sandboxes but a modder now did it. Okay, they did add "family" DLC to Skyrim and have bases in FO4, but it's all… Just basic design.

Because IMO Skyrim is first person Sims with combat and there is no way a Skyrim fan won't love Sims 3 with World Adventures expansion.

Eh? What could possibly make it scary?

Jesus, how do you get first person sims with combat?

What's confusing exactly?
A no story game being compared with another no story game where in both products NPCs have fictional schedules and sometimes do random stuff on their own?

If it's still confusing, explain to me in detail what's this exactly, please:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Hearthfire

After you do, please buy (on some discount ofc) what you never did thinking it's some housewives crap, Sims3+World Adventures, play if for a while and tell me if it's still confusing.

Sounds intriguing, although presumably you'd lose the voice-over work for the additional dialogue this would generate.

Interesting. I wonder if there's more and different detail regarding different characters and the arrows they took to the knees.

As for extra voiceovers, I would like they could easily get more source material from Max Von Seidel's films. Only actor I'm aware of that played both Jesus and the devil in separate major motion pictures (the Stephen King one was a bomb I hear).

Not interested in the mod or Skyrim but definitely interested in the scientific paper.

I'll add the mod next time I play Skyrim. I've had several other immersion mods before and one of them just adds a ton of dialog that Bethesda recorded but didn't add to the game, probably because of space limitations on the consoles.

To this day i'm not sure why Beth didn't add this as a feature in their nostory sandboxes but a modder now did it.
They couldn't. Bethesda is under scrutiny and any mistep is going to snowball to gigantic size as players want to destroy Bethesda. They cant afford an okay system that they build on and improve later. They must deliver from the start.

Modding scene is a way better place to start that kind of things. It is innocuous and people who do not like the mod will likely be answered not to use it.
On the other hand, Bethesda's products are going to be buy by people who know beforehand they do not like them and bash on that ground, expecting mods to remove all they dislike.

Tremendous pressure on Bethesda to add anything to their products. Better if it is field tested on the modding scene.

Oblivion had a great modding scene for that. Skyrim much less (must be the first mod that adds)

When looking at Skyrim, they withdrew a lot of things before release. Probably because the features would not be rock solid enough to overcome bashing.

I'll add the mod next time I play Skyrim. I've had several other immersion mods before and one of them just adds a ton of dialog that Bethesda recorded but didn't add to the game, probably because of space limitations on the consoles.
Do you recall the name of the mod or maybe have a link?

They couldn't. Bethesda is under scrutiny and any mistep is going to snowball to gigantic size as players want to destroy Bethesda. They cant afford an okay system that they build on and improve later. They must deliver from the start.

Modding scene is a way better place to start that kind of things. It is innocuous and people who do not like the mod will likely be answered not to use it.
On the other hand, Bethesda's products are going to be buy by people who know beforehand they do not like them and bash on that ground, expecting mods to remove all they dislike.

Tremendous pressure on Bethesda to add anything to their products. Better if it is field tested on the modding scene.

Oblivion had a great modding scene for that. Skyrim much less (must be the first mod that adds)

When looking at Skyrim, they withdrew a lot of things before release. Probably because the features would not be rock solid enough to overcome bashing.

Erm, what you say could be right. I hope it is because that'd mean Beth will add no_trashmob_respawn ingame option for us who hate it in the future. That way we won't have to wait for someone to make norespawn mod.

But my real problem with Beth openworlds is not the (lack of) substance and too much of filler.
It's bugs I can't stand. ;)

Back
Top Bottom