Dark Sun: Shattered Lands - Retrospective Review

I totally remember this game and very much enjoyed playing it. At least my memories left from that long ago tell me I did :)

That being said have zero interest it such a style now. I just don't have any real interest in going backwards in game technology and visuals to that level. POE, especially the newest one, has that feel and style while also using a lot more modern technology.

I have a lot of fond memories of old games and happy to keep it that way.

Re-played the game last year. Still enjoyable, but the controls are TERRIBLE and by current standards, almost unplayable and definitely not intuitive!!

One of my first and favorite RPGs. And for me personally it's still the better Baldurs Gate game. :p

Beat the pair of 'em when I was in my last year of High School. I remember even celebrating the fact that I could get them to run at all on my ol' DX2-66. :)

Any self respecting AD&D fan brought up on Baldur's Gate is definitely encouraged to check them out. The controls aren't that bad providing you're willing to put in the effort. The final fight in the first game remains one of the most challenging final encounters in any cRPG that I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom