[BUG] That antique rifle you get from getting vase from bandits quest…

player1

Watchdog
It is essentially useless, for combat. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Antique rifles

Useless. It works, but not very well.
They become common later in the game.
Antique weapon in Boiling Point was actually useful as a stealth weapon, but this one has curiosity value only.

there are a ton of hidden unique add ons in the islands. I saw on the DS forums that there is a red dot reflex sight for the AK hidden in a box on some base on some random island.
this game definitley encourages exploration, and it pays off when you find cool stuff like that.

hello,

i have a trouble with that mission

once i get the vase from underwater and escape the paramilitary boat, i swim to the shore (passing under the bridge then following the coast) but once i'm on the shore marker nothing happens and this mission does not finish (even if i go and see the old man who gave it to me)

i'm running on gamersgate version

thx for any help :)

once i get the vase from underwater and escape the paramilitary boat, i swim to the shore (passing under the bridge then following the coast) but once i'm on the shore marker nothing happens and this mission does not finish (even if i go and see the old man who gave it to me)

I can take a look at this if you tell me exactly how the old man is called and what he says when you talk to him again.

Quest wasn't broken for me (GG version). But marker did got updated after getting to shore (there, I killed a few more bandits), and it pointed to vase owner.

I can take a look at this if you tell me exactly how the old man is called and what he says when you talk to him again.

The npc name is Old Alberto, and the dialog is the same as the one you get just after picking the vase quest and before going to the bandits

Quest wasn't broken for me (GG version). But marker did got updated after getting to shore (there, I killed a few more bandits), and it pointed to vase owner.

Did you spoke to the bandits on the hill before jumping off the cliff to get the vase? and did you killed the paramilitary boat crew? I tried every option i had, none worked.

I loaded an old save and redone the quest, but this time i'm already red with bandit faction, so no more dialog option with them about the vase before the fight. and same result, marker dont update when i get to the shore with the vase and no bandits waiting for me there, despite what the radio message is warning me.

I'm wondering if i'm getting to the shore throu the right path. Basically i'm swimming under water past the paramilitary boat almost under the bridge, take some air breathe, then swim under water again, breathe again, following the coast line and so on, till the shore.

The npc name is Old Alberto, and the dialog is the same as the one you get just after picking the vase quest and before going to the bandits.

His dialog looks okay. What is the exact name of the bandit you get the info from?

unfortunatly i resaved my game before that point using the same save, so i cant tell exactly his name(since i'm now hostile with them and cant really speak to them hehe ^^)

i read somewhere ingame there was a npc that could reset standing with a faction, maybe if i find him i could try again and go peacefully to the bandits

I found where the bug comes from

in the translated patch note of 1.1 russian version : it says that the patch is correcting a wrong marker location for the coast part of that mission

(check link :
http://board.deep-shadows.com/index.php?showtopic=1399
)
"Is repaired mission about to Venyukovsky Fittings Plant, selected by bandits in the old man of Alberto - now marker accurately shows in the place where necessary to be selected to the coast;" (google translation i guess^^)

i'll try and swimm around to see if i cant get the mission to update when landing elsewhere on the coast line, since GG version is 1.0. (unless somewhere have a minimap screenshot of the exact place i need to be for that !)

EDIT : MORE GOOD NEWS yay :)

i managed to get the 1.1 russian patch to work (thanks to the no-dvd fix since the gamersgate 1.0 english version drm provided it to run once patched with the russian 1.1 without the no-dvd) and the quest works fine now ! It was indeed a bad quest location marker, the location on the shore in 1.1 was those rocks stairs and not that beach like 200m away in version 1.0.

i also applied your translation patch ;) and those non-flickering patch since i was running on an ati (so far no scope issue since i dont have any ^^)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom