Gothic 3 Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition

I have banged my head on low hanging ceilings. If someone painted it and decorated the walls nicely it wouldn't make me want to bang my head again on the ceiling and see if it still sucked … ;)

Fair enough. :)

I haven't actually played the game yet, letting it pass due to the horrible reviews.
I'm willing to give it a try though with this new patch. At least it should be running smoothly...
I'm hoping they want to do a second patch, that focuses on gameplay and story, but with JoWoods bankruptcy I doubt that's likely.

I don't know if they could do much to change the gameplay with a patch.

I have to agree ... people gave me a rough time about how much slack I gave Dungeon Lords, but it was clear to me that Forsaken Gods was truly a turd to the core, and no amount of polish and optimization would help. I have played bits of it several times, but it is so awful that it remains the only Gothic-franchise game I haven't played start to finish at least 5 times.

I have to agree … people gave me a rough time about how much slack I gave Dungeon Lords, but it was clear to me that Forsaken Gods was truly a turd to the core, and no amount of polish and optimization would help. I have played bits of it several times, but it is so awful that it remains the only Gothic-franchise game I haven't played start to finish at least 5 times.

Okay, I'll guess I'll just have to play and see for myself...

I actually bought it and just tested it.

Didn't realize how good Risen looked until now.

Not really any problems (in 5 minutes or less.) There is the slight hitching as textures are loaded but very playable. phenomII x4 945, nvidia250, 4gb ram, ocz agility ssd, win7 64.

Its basically like G3 after the community patch. Even better, I didn't run into that utterly annoying font bug.

Seems like it will be fun enough for 2.50.

... now that I played a bit more it really is quite good. 2.50 well spent.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there is an alternate ending to the anton and isabelle quest line?

I am struggling to fing the teleporter stone in venguard after the patch. They say it is supposed to be in a tower in vengaurd but i cant find it.

EDIT: Found it. Looks like i have to do multiple trips to venguard to get it.

Last edited:
Yeah, i bet it was piranha bytes intention to have an alternate ending to that quest. Shame though the rest fo the game was really good. I just beat it, it is very playable now.

I have to agree … people gave me a rough time about how much slack I gave Dungeon Lords, but it was clear to me that Forsaken Gods was truly a turd to the core, and no amount of polish and optimization would help. I have played bits of it several times, but it is so awful that it remains the only Gothic-franchise game I haven't played start to finish at least 5 times.

I never finished forsaken gods. It was that terrible with quests not working and your character speaking the npcs lines. Waste of money reminds me of the Saboteur its still not playable after three years.

Let me know if the patch makes the game bearable.

Back
Top Bottom