Hockey Playoffs 2009!

The league and the refs didn't do us any favors, but the bottom line is that (to borrow a Babock-ism) we got out-willed. We'll see what the offseason brings. Congrats to the Pens. Crosby is still a bitch, though.

And who were the big winners this year Dte?

I heard Crosby pulled a LeBron after the game ...

While the Lakers Fans are rioting can you tell us who one or are you still looking for a conspiracy theory against a city that the league likes to call "Hockeytown"

Yes, but what were our final scores?

Round 3 scores:
Geist: 5
dte, corwin, lucky, GG: 12

Standings after 3 rounds:
dte- 37
Geist- 34
Corwin- 29
Lucky- 29
GG- 23

Scores for the finals:
corwin- 10
Lucky- 9
dte- 4
GG- 3
Geist- no bet?

And the final score is:
dte- 41
Corwin- 41
Lucky- 38
Geist- 34
GG- 26

So that means Corwin and I share the grand prize this year----
A post-game handshake with Super Sid.

Unfortunately, Cries-by was so busy doing 69 with Bettman that he completely forgot he was supposed to do the whole handshake thing, so I guess Corwin and I are SOL.

Ovechkin won the Hart (Dats got 2nd) and the Pearson
Chara won the Norris (Lids got 2nd)
Dats won the Selke
Dats won the Lady Byng
Steve Sullivan won the Masterson (Cheli was 2nd or 3rd)
Tim Thomas won the Vezina
Steve Mason won the Calder
Claude Julien (BOS) won the Jack Adams (coach of the year)

Hey Mate, not only did we tie, but I went from last to first. I think I deserve a special prize for that!! :)

Hey, your spot was standing ahead of Lidstrom and me in the post-game handshake line. Don't know what more you could ask for.

@JDR- Lids was only semi-super-human this season and the voters were obviously looking to spread the hardware around (Dats only beat Richards by a few votes for the Selke? Puhleeze. That's an agenda, there.) so I can't say I'm surprised.

no question about the problems with allowing the media to vote on the hardware

Chara and Lidstrom over Mike Green? Puh-leese! Like the All-Star Game voting, this continues to be an embarrassment to the league. Nice to see OV win the Pearson. The Hart is dead to me.

Next year will be Kesler's year for the Selke. One wonders if Bettman will send Chara and Green to his beloved "Hockeytown" with Liddy's impending retirement due to injury. I give him one more year. You heard it hear first.

Speaking of Lidstrom, did I ever tell you about the hotty I went to University with that met him 2 years ago?

Chara and Lidstrom over Mike Green? Puh-leese! Like the All-Star Game voting, this continues to be an embarrassment to the league.
Green? Bah. The Norris is for the best defenseman. That means playing defense, not just pulling a Paul Coffey (actually, one of my favorite players back in the day) and playing forward from the blueline.

Back
Top Bottom